What do we learn from owls?

Reena

69js9i.gif    69js9i.gif          69js9i.gif        69js9i.gif  69js9i.gif  69js9i.gif

The reason owls are associated with wisdom  is that the owl was the special bird of the Greek goddess Athena, the clever warrior goddess after whom the Greek city Athens is named. The owl of Athena has appeared on Greek coins for centuries.

72vypf.gifSeeing Through Illusions. The owl is naturally nocturnal, which means it functions very well in the dark. 

72vypf.gifLearn to Really Listen

72vypf.gifFind a Firm Footing

72vypf.gifLet Go of What Doesn't Serve You

72vypf.gifProceed with Strength and Purpose.

72vypf.gif

72vypf.gif

Owls are exceptionally observant creatures. They observe everything very carefully. This brings us to the next lesson —

“To acquire knowledge, one must study; but to acquire wisdom one must observe.”

Marilyn vos Savant

Wisdom is the ability to use knowledge, experience, insight, and common sense to achieve worthwhile goals and to enrich humankind as a result. It does not exist in a vacuum.

While the goals may be individual they have a positive impact on family members, business associates, community members, or a combination thereof.

The ability to step back and objectively observe is a prerequisite for wisdom.

6q13f0.gif6q13f0.gif6q13f0.gif

Wondering is all about pondering what you have observed. It is curiosity and the willingness to see something from a different perspective.

As we sift through our observations we often find connections that had not been readily apparent with a more superficial viewing.

True wondering or pondering requires that we have observed details and nuances of situations and circumstances we might normally overlook. As we ponder on what we have seen and the ramifications thereof we open the door to developing wisdom.

As Seneca so succinctly said;

“No man was ever wise by chance.”

Chance requires no effort. Wondering and pondering require time, an open mind and heart as well as discernment. It is that investment that can lead us to wisdom

6q13q6.gif6q13q6.gif6q13q6.gif

There is an old adage that says we have two ears and one mouth for a reason. Too often we hear without actually listening, as we are busy formatting our response to what is being said.

When that happens we hear words and totally negate the possibility that those words might have the capacity to teach us something that could alter the course of the remainder of our lives.

6phhkz.gif6phhkz.gif6phhkz.gif

When we observe others, and ponder on the results of their choices we have the opportunity to learn from them.

If the road they chose turned out to be unsuccessful and led to heartbreak and failure, we have the opportunity to learn from their experience and choose differently.

If they were successful in something we aspire to, then we can learn from them and expedite our progress.

Living and learning are ongoing processes. There is no absolute in either. Living gives us the opportunity to continue to learn and as we continue to learn we have the opportunity to develop greater wisdom.

When you observe, wonder and listen you have created a perfect template for learning. All too often in our focusing on our independence we fail to take advantage of the experience and example of others as we are intent on forging our own path.

6q13f0.gif6q13f0.gif6q13f0.gif

Edited by Cupcake

44 minutes ago, Mandy said:

They are also masters of throwing up anything indigestible

If you say so, sounds like my cat. 😂

owl-symbolism-meanings-spirit-animal-700.thumb.jpg.94a3a31d5464fcd3123866bd2cce67a3.jpg

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

5 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Faith I recently took my kids to an event where we dissected owl pellets and learned all about them

Teacher: Hey,  kids what did you do this weekend?

Mandy's kids: Picked through owl poop and found part of a mouse's leg. 💩 

😂🤣😂

Girllll, you Crack me up!

@Faith The worst part is that they insisted on sending the kids home with their found "treasures". 🤦‍♀️ I'm all about nature, but that was a bit too much. Owls really do have hairballs (pellets) as part of their normal digestive process. They barf up the hair and bones of the mice and then digest the rest and then poop like normal birds. So the pellets are actually vomit. So you're welcome for that information, and be thankful that you didn't have to carry a little baggie of mouse bones home for it. 😂

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy Oh, when I read pellet I assumed poop, lol. 

Not gonna lie, I paused and my brain hurt for just a few seconds while I pictured -"They barf up the hair and bones of the mice". Yuk.  😂

Oh yey, the kiddies got a barf bag prize  to take home. Hahaha. 

3 hours ago, Mandy said:

So you're welcome for that information

😆

I was having a walk at night once and an owl flew right at me as if it thought I was a meal. It suddenly changed course though, like three meters from me, and sat in a nearby tree.

It was weird and spooky cause you don't see owls often, especially in a relatively big town like that.

I looked at it sitting in the tree and holy shit did it look scary and BIG. Not used to see birds that big. It looked right back at me, staring in my eyes. And it looked scary as shit. Like a demonic stare. I still get uneasy remembering how it stared at me with it's spooky ass demonic eyes.

Polish_20221204_112753432.thumb.jpg.868d9aadd7674d79e618cec0d439b0d2.jpg

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Anyone see The Staircase on Netflix?

No, but I just looked it up and the "owl theory" of what probably caused the head injuries to the wife who died falling down a staircase, the talons of an owl, instead of being beaten by the husband who was accused and sentenced.