What are Psychedelics?

Lotus

3 minutes ago, Lotus said:

What are psychedelics? What happens when we're tripping?

Why can psychedelics be so healing, insightful, awesome and loving?

What's the difference between enlightenment and self-realization via psychedelics?

https://www.actualized.org/forum/topic/58508-leo’s-beautiful-endless-wonderland/#comment-789923

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

@Lotus

Psychedelics increase sensation to such a high point that oneness/love/unity becomes undeniable, the separate self activity can quiet down because of how intense sensation is, how "loud" it is. this can lead to what people call ego death, but I don't like that term because it assumes there's actually an ego/person dying.

52 minutes ago, Lotus said:

Why can psychedelics be so healing, insightful, awesome and loving?

Because once again it increases sensation so much that nothing can be held back, any beliefs/emotions will be seen clearly, there's no where to hide.

It's loving/healing because if there is surrender then purification is allowed. 

56 minutes ago, Lotus said:

What's the difference between enlightenment and self-realization via psychedelics?

I don't know. I know the enlightenment experience from psychedelics, but I can never know self realization, know as in hold as knowledge. 

So I can't compare them.

But I'd say psychedelics are cool and awesome! 

And self realization sounds beautiful/cool! 

Have fun with it! Whatever! Meditate every day, trip sometimes, it's all good!! 💙🙏

♾️

@James123 

The description that you can still think, name and label while simultaneously experiencing infinity/nothingness, and that this can be confusing, reminds me of a trip I had. It was the first time glimpsing truth. Thinking brought me into dual paradox and confusion. Relaxing, letting go, and simply abiding in being on the other hand.. yeah, that left no question behind. Truly ineffable.

1 hour ago, Orb said:

this can lead to what people call ego death, but I don't like that term because it assumes there's actually an ego/person dying.

Yeah, right? During every trip, it's just me/awareness! Nothing's going anywhere. Funny enough, it's not even me who's tripping. 🤣

1 hour ago, Orb said:

Because once again it increases sensation so much that nothing can be held back, any beliefs/emotions will be seen clearly, there's no where to hide.

Yup, definitely rings true. Denying would be a really bad strategy amidst of a trip. The practice of listening, expressing and allowing really comes in handy with this one.

1 hour ago, Orb said:

But I'd say psychedelics are cool and awesome! 

And self realization sounds beautiful/cool! 

Have fun with it! Whatever! Meditate every day, trip sometimes, it's all good!! 💙🙏

Amen! 🙏

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

The description that you can still think, name and label while simultaneously experiencing infinity/nothingness, and that this can be confusing, reminds me of a trip I had. It was the first time glimpsing truth. Thinking brought me into dual paradox and confusion. Relaxing, letting go, and simply abiding in being on the other hand.. yeah, that left no question behind. Truly ineffable.

Seriously, To get answer of your question, I died houndrerds of times and meditated houndrerds of hours. I wish someone told me earlier 😂😂😂

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Ayahuasca keeps me stuck in my mind.  There are intense visions and there is always a story.  Sometimes there is delving into the past.  Bufo Alvarius moves me beyond the mind to the present moment.  There is silence.  There are no visions and no stories.  I prefer Bufo.

Edited by Telesio

@Phil

What would happen, when an already enlightened/realized being takes something like N, N-DMT or 5-MeO-DMT?

If this is a movie, and psychedelics change the movie screen, but self-realization is prior to the movie, would the trip have any impact on the ‚enlightened being‘?

Or would only the seemingly separate self be having a psychedelic experience?

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

What would happen, when an already enlightened/realized being takes something like N, N-DMT or 5-MeO-DMT?

There’s only one infinite being which forgets it’s own infinitude & true nature by being experience. For that one infinite being, in forgetting, there seems to be “N”, “N-DMT” and “5-Meo-Dmt”. For that one finite being there is not actually these things. This is always readily verifiable in, so to speak, direct experience. 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

If this is a movie, and psychedelics change the movie screen, but self-realization is prior to the movie, would the trip have any impact on the ‚enlightened being‘?

What could have an impact on an infinite being?

Whatever that other thing is, infinite being means there isn’t that other thing. 

Infinite can not know finite. 

Psychedelics, self-realization, anything being prior to the movie, and enlightened being… are all movie. 

1 hour ago, Lotus said:

Or would only the seemingly separate self be having a psychedelic experience?

The separate self is thoughts, about being separate. Thoughts can’t have a psychedelic experience, because psychedelic experience is already a thought, the actuality of which is of course already, infinite being. 

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

For that one finite being there is not actually these things.

How do you mean that?

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

What could have an impact on an infinite being?

Yeah, right. Doesn't really make sense that anything could have impact, because the impact is already being. Just like boxing gloves boxing themselves.

20 minutes ago, Phil said:

Psychedelics, self-realization, anything being prior to the movie, and enlightened being… are all movie. 

And that's why this is not a teaching, I assume.

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

Thoughts can’t have a psychedelic experience, because psychedelic experience is already a thought, the actuality of which is of course already, infinite being. 

If thoughts can't have a psychedelic experience (makes sense), and "I" is thought, who or what does have the psychedelic experience?

2 hours ago, Lotus said:

How do you mean that?

Sorry that was a typo… For that one infinite being there is not actually these things.

2 hours ago, Lotus said:

Just like boxing gloves boxing themselves

Ha! Yes, nice.

2 hours ago, Lotus said:

And that's why this is not a teaching, I assume.

Teachers, teachings, all movie. What’s felt, not so much. 

2 hours ago, Lotus said:

If thoughts can't have a psychedelic experience (makes sense), and "I" is thought, who or what does have the psychedelic experience?