The thoughts paradox

Lotus

It‘s just a thought. Is it, though?

It’s funny because thought‘s also everything, which constructs your sense of identity and reality.

Just a thought? Or A THOUGHT? Nuking the universe? Or just a fart in the universe?

The Truth is hidden in plain sight. 🤫

We can label "thought" as many different things, but no one can ever really know what a thought is, because knowing itself is an illusion.

The real "knowing" of what a thought is is beyond thinking, its the actual direct seeing of what a thought is.

Paying attention to the I AM or any particular sensation reveals that what we call thoughts are no different than any other sensation.

The unknowing awareness is appearing as thoughts, the thoughts themself are awareness along with every other "thing".

♾️

16 minutes ago, Orb said:

We can label "thought" as many different things, but no one can ever really know what a thought is, because knowing itself is an illusion.

We can label "thought", but that's just another thought. :classic_laugh:

17 minutes ago, Orb said:

Paying attention to the I AM or any particular sensation reveals that what we call thoughts are no different than any other sensation.

How so? The sensation of jumping into cold water vs. thinking about something seems very different. Do you mean that everything happens within I AM?

@Lotus

1 minute ago, Lotus said:

How so? The sensation of jumping into cold water vs. thinking about something seems very different. Do you mean that everything happens within I AM?

Thats the illusion, no one is thinking, thoughts simply arise. "I am thinking" is kinda like taking credit for the real Self (I AM) and this feels discordant, because an apparent finite self who thinks is not in alignment with the truth.

Paying attention to the "I AM" is something that I got from Sri Nisargadatta, its basically self inquiry. When the thought "I AM" arises, what specifically does that point to? When that thought is allowed to arise then focus shifts to whatever sense is associated with "I AM".

Of course theres no actual sensation that is associated with I AM, its a trick, a great trick. Kinda like one of those electric fly traps. Its a more "direct" practice.

The sensation between the cold water and "thinking" seems different through thought, but in reality it is all pure sensation.

♾️

16 minutes ago, Orb said:

Of course theres no actual sensation that is associated with I AM, its a trick, a great trick. Kinda like one of those electric fly traps. Its a more "direct" practice.

Yeah, it points to all the directions, including the sign pointing. Basically nowhere. Right here, right now. :classic_smile:

18 minutes ago, Orb said:

The sensation between the cold water and "thinking" seems different through thought, but in reality it is all pure sensation.

Indeed.

16 hours ago, Orb said:

"I am thinking" is kinda like taking credit for the real Self (I AM) and this feels discordant

@Orb
Does it though? It don't feel that discordant, at least not always. We all say it a lot. Not taking credit is just simply be-ing? - No need to state the obvious because it already is?

16 hours ago, Orb said:

When that thought is allowed to arise then focus shifts to whatever sense is associated with "I AM".

16 hours ago, Orb said:

Of course theres no actual sensation that is associated with I AM

I mean... you could bring up the thought "my shoulder" and feel the uncomfortable pain of it. When the thought arises then also the sensation appears.

16 hours ago, Orb said:

he sensation between the cold water and "thinking" seems different through thought, but in reality it is all pure sensation.

I mean, yeah, but who cares about the fact that everything is pure sensation? This difference is what creates your living reality. You could say as well that all of your entire experience and every moment is a thought, including you reading this

19 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@OrbDoes it though? It don't feel that discordant, at least not always. 

@fopylo It very much does ime, theres a sense of pressure and alienation when self-referential thoughts are believed.

22 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@OrbNot taking credit is just simply be-ing?

That questions going in a good direction imo, i'd say its always be-ing. When the thoughts arise, no ones taking credit already, but the content of thoughts can be believed and it only seems like theres someone taking credit.

I'd suggest simply "remembering" your own substance, this is why I suggested focusing on the I AM earlier.

Itll then be recognized that thought and every-thing is all the same substance. Like you can focus on your finger and feel it deeply and theres a "deep" fuzzy sensation within that finger, that same "substance" is appearing as thought. 

28 minutes ago, fopylo said:

@Orb No need to state the obvious because it already is?

Do whatever you'd like 🙂.

♾️

The idea of credit is a removal based on separation. If you are pure awesomeness, and know it, you're kinda always in awe, and there's no separate self. There's no difference between creating great art, or observing great art, there's nowhere for credit to land. 

However that doesn't mean that it's discordant to appreciate yourself, it's just that the appreciation itself is the real you, and the thing you're appreciating isn't separate from it. 

Youtube Channel  

@Orb

4 hours ago, Orb said:

It very much does ime, theres a sense of pressure and alienation when self-referential thoughts are believed.

"OMG I actually did it!"

"Wow, I'm pretty smart.. pretty clever"

"I am doing great at the moment in my life"

I might be missing something...

I might be filling the holes for myself...

How about what I just said?

@fopylo trust how you feel man, if it feels good go ahead, at this point in my life I'm questioning why anything has to revolve around "I" or be about that lil self. 

This stuff is highly intuitive, not saying it's complicated but it's intuitive.

Every path is different, but there's a few commonalities. 

Have fun! 🙏

♾️