Anyone here Lift Weights?

Right now I am essentially an apprentice for a carpenter who is building & fixing houses. Don’t really need to lift weights at the moment as I’m getting stronger just from lifting boards & other heavy things all the time. 

🏋️🪵

Edited by Loop

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

On 7/28/2022 at 7:00 AM, Lucid Mystic said:

I know the point is to practice but until I buy the equipment for my home gym, what books and general resources have you guys found most useful, if any?

Maybe this should be started as a new thread in another section.

This guy, and he will help you to not get injured, which is common.

I've felt like starting lifting again lately, it's been a while cause I just kinda lost interest in it a few years ago and started experiencing depression.

I have even bought clothes for training etc. and got a nice gym close to my place but I just feel insecurity about starting the training, I feel vulnerable. Like people is going to look at me and judge my body, my skill, my clothes etc. 🙄 That sort of stressed out mindset, like I wouldn't be able to feel relaxed at the gym.

But oh man would it feel good to feel blood rushing to my muscles etc. That would bring so much energy to my day.

There must be an effortless way.

13 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I've felt like starting lifting again lately, it's been a while cause I just kinda lost interest in it a few years ago and started experiencing depression.

I have even bought clothes for training etc. and got a nice gym close to my place but I just feel insecurity about starting the training, I feel vulnerable. Like people is going to look at me and judge my body, my skill, my clothes etc. 🙄 That sort of stressed out mindset, like I wouldn't be able to feel relaxed at the gym.

But oh man would it feel good to feel blood rushing to my muscles etc. That would bring so much energy to my day.

Just go once, no commitment, you'll see no one pays attention to you, you could wear a Horsehead.

5 minutes ago, Devin said:

That's how you'll build bulk muscle, rest days are part of building bulk, exactly what you did.

Yea I noticed my body already looks more built now after only one day of lifting, I'm sold lol. 

Although I want to lower the intensity so I can lift more times in the week without dying lol.

♾️

24 minutes ago, Orb said:

Although I want to lower the intensity so I can lift more times in the week without dying lol.

You'll still get stronger, but the other way will bulk more muscle, killing yourself then resting is the fastest bulk way by my research and experience. I've done both ways, I do the steady way now because I'm done bulking, but the difference was night and day for me with the bulking way.