Collapse of space in meditation

Forza21

1. Concentrate on feeling your feet and hands simultaneously.

2. Notice that "space" or "distance" is just a thought.
3. Do it, as long, as you notice, that in direct experience, there's no real distance whatsoever. At first, it looks like two separated feelings in some distance apart, but after some time, it merges into one sensation, without any distance, separation, or space.

Try it, and tell me what you think 🙂  i've never seen such meditation anywhere, but it's actually very helpful to notice, that there's no space. I wonder how we can improve that and what might be further insight 🙂 

Edited by Forza21

You can also collapse time in meditation.  You can collapse space and time in meditation.  But you can also appreciate space and time in meditation.  Both X and Y.  Meditation is one of my key practices.  Meditation puts you up right up close to what might be called Awareness.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

2 hours ago, Phil said:

@Joseph Maynor

Quite similar to the light of the sun getting up close to the sun. 🌞 

One thing I got from your Zoom call that I like is the focus on Awareness.  It's cool to have that reinforced.  It can be seen as where the truth vs./and magic duality wobbles.  And then there's a wobble between the focus vs./and being duality too.  Awareness isn't really focus and it really isn't being.  Those are talking about it.  A name doesn't really do it justice outside of pointing to it.  That's why I like the first line of the Tao Te Ching -- the tao that can be named is not the Eternal Tao.  That's one of the best one sentence pointers in spiritual enlightenment in my opinion.  And you can see the people who have integrated this lesson and those who have not.  It doesn't mean you shouldn't talk about it, but it's a kind of reminder that sits in the back of my mind when I do.  It reminds me of the wobble in the truth vs./and pointer duality.  When we name something we're limiting it by that name because names carry meanings and descriptions.  I don't know what Eternal Tao means and I don't want to.  To me it's a name without meaning and I want it to stay that way.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

On 4/29/2022 at 3:20 PM, Forza21 said:

1. Concentrate on feeling your feet and hands simultaneously.

2. Notice that "space" or "distance" is just a thought.
3. Do it, as long, as you notice, that in direct experience, there's no real distance whatsoever. At first, it looks like two separated feelings in some distance apart, but after some time, it merges into one sensation, without any distance, separation, or space.

Try it, and tell me what you think 🙂  i've never seen such meditation anywhere, but it's actually very helpful to notice, that there's no space. I wonder how we can improve that and what might be further insight 🙂 

Great 😃

Try this, squeeze your fingers as hard you can then tell me, how does it feels? 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."