[Question] Meditation - the next step

Valley2Mountain

On 4/25/2022 at 9:14 AM, Valley2Mountain said:

@Loop What do you think about Shinzen Young's mindfulness practice? Should I prefer mindfulness meditation to other meditation techniques? or essentially it comes down to personal preference?

I feel his mindfulness system is one of the most comprehensive and effective that I have found so far. Well, what you prefer is what you prefer, no shoulds about it, follow your curiosity and let your intuition get a feel for what you are doing in a practice. Once you get a feel for what you are doing, explore more, & make the practice your own through really understanding what is going on with it, as opposed to a practice that you just picked up from somewhere else.

Whatever helps to sink into the Silence, Clarity, & Flow. 

Ten thousand tears,

One Belly Laugh.

10 hours ago, BlendingInfinite said:

Of course, disliking other people always feels discordant. There is a difference between identifying as intelligence and seeing it as a strength. Just being intelligent doesn't mean much. You also have to have other traits in combination. And maybe in regard with that, I am identifying or not. I don't experience suffering regarding that, this is what I can say for sure.

That is what suffering is. That is what meditation is for. That is what @Valley2Mountain is inquiring about. 

Thank you guys for the informative answers! I have more than enough material to explore now 😁

@PhilI will admit that I didn't grasp much of your second reply, felt a bit riddlesome and beyond my level of understanding of reality 😅

I did like though the captions you put below each meditation group, some of them were pretty amusing to read.

53 minutes ago, Valley2Mountain said:

I will admit that I didn't grasp much of your second reply, felt a bit riddlesome and beyond my level of understanding of reality 😅

Not sure what ‘levels of understanding of reality’ means. Sounds riddlersome. 😅 😂 

53 minutes ago, Valley2Mountain said:

I did like though the captions you put below each meditation group, some of them were pretty amusing to read.

If it’s not fun, really, what’s the point right. 

If I didn’t, here’s a link to the meditations page that was copy & pasted, which the ‘two cents’ was added to. 

25 minutes ago, Phil said:

Not sure what ‘levels of understanding of reality’ means. Sounds riddlersome. 😅 😂 

Touché. Well, it just sounded like a doctor explaining the patient his situation using advanced medical terminology (and the patient is not a doctor himself). Now imagine what's going in the patient's head at that moment haha. Thank you very much for the link, I will start exploring that as well 🤙

Edited by Valley2Mountain

On 4/27/2022 at 12:48 PM, Valley2Mountain said:

Well, it just sounded like a doctor explaining the patient his situation using advanced medical terminology (and the patient is not a doctor himself). Now imagine what's going in the patient's head at that moment haha.

@PhilI am sorry if it came sarcastic or offensive. It was never my intention. It wasn't meant to discourage you from helping people on the forum. Instead, it would be great If you could consider please adjusting the level of your explanation to the person's level of understanding of things (as much as you can).

16 minutes ago, Valley2Mountain said:

@PhilI am sorry if it came sarcastic or offensive. It was never my intention. It wasn't meant to discourage you from helping people on the forum. Instead, it would be great If you could consider please adjusting the level of your explanation to the person's level of understanding of things (as much as you can).

Sorry just couldn't resist.

Edited by Zeroguy

40 minutes ago, Valley2Mountain said:

No worries at all! Not taken that way at all. 

There is an apparent phenomenon of levels of individual understanding. But this is illusory in that this is a thought about understanding, like unicorn is a thought about a unicorn. There’s no such thing, as in perception ‘of’, a unicorn. Only the thought or belief that there is. Therein, there is an apparent phenomenon of matching levels of understanding, which is exactly the same as saying ‘matching levels of unicorns’. It does seem, in thought, that this is actual and possible. 

There’s something to be said for the letting go of, the inspection of, the seeing through of the thought, the belief in… ‘understanding’. There are countless ‘pointings’ to this. Imo the best pointing, is to that of asking questions which are inspective. Whoever questions everything, vs refraining from asserting what is known, awakens. This is because the ‘root’ of the questions, are the inspection of, misunderstanding. When all misunderstanding has been inspected, there never was understanding. There never was an understander. 

As a most practical attempt to point to an example or reference; marriage. Imagine a marriage in which understanding the other and being understood by the other is paramount, in comparison to letting go of the expectation, the activity of thought, the belief - that anyone has every understood anyone or been understood by anyone.  

Or imagine someone indoctrinated by Scientology, which sells ‘levels of understanding’, leaving Scientology, and then trying to reconcile reality to Xenu (understanding). It wouldn’t be right or wrong per se, but a holding of an impossible expectation which could not be fulfilled. It would or could seem like other people ‘don’t get it’, or are being vague etc, when other people are saying, brother, there’s no Xenu.