[Question] Meditation - the next step

Valley2Mountain

2 minutes ago, BlendingInfinite said:

Also, I noticed I don't like people who are ugly or are poor or are not intelligent or interesting.

That is why I know I want the opposite.

And independent of that since I am a child I liked big rooms, aesthetics and abundance.

I am fortunately not ugly (according to scientific measurements of male attractiveness) and obviously highly intelligent. However, I like more of that what I am and also what feels good to me.

You can derive it from simple logic

Left means not right

Also, I noticed I don't like people who are ugly or are poor or are not intelligent or interesting.

Don’t like the people, or given people is a thought, don’t care for the discord? 

That is why I know I want the opposite.

If it’s the discord with the thoughts, aligned thoughts would be the opposite. 

And independent of that since I am a child I liked big rooms, aesthetics and abundance.

If it’s the discord with the thoughts, could be conditioning, since one would never consciously focus on thoughts which feel discordant. 

Everybody has preference, which feel good to them. And other things, which won't. Maybe thoughts about people don't feel good or the absence of what is wanted feels.

Like I want to surround myself with just beautiful people. Separating the ugly ones out - maybe the thought doesn't feel good. However, in general this is what happens for the greater good.

@PhilYou projecting more into the text than actually is written. 

Edited by BlendingInfinite

Left means not right

1 hour ago, BlendingInfinite said:

That all sounds nice, but I want a Lamborghini Aventador with crushed diamonds on the bodywork, on which half-dressed supermodels sit while I walk out with so many 24-carat gold chains that it feels like I'm walking on the moon.

I probably am. Sorry. In hindsight, you maybe just wanted me to know what you want.  

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

I probably am. Sorry. In hindsight, you maybe just wanted me to know what you want.  

I think it is true, that I sometimes have aversion against people I see on the street e.g. and I feel a strong need not to see that and think thoughts, which are not aligned.

idk, just wrote this from a place of self-mockery. Wasn't meant serious at all. And also to manifest.

Left means not right

13 hours ago, Valley2Mountain said:

Not sure I understood your example with the reaction to the color. In any case, isn't it inevitable that a certain time will pass until you press the button? If you are not reacting from successfully identifying the color, what are you reacting from?

If you react from the thing which direct experience or attention points to then it is instantly. So once you get the red color you will identify it and press the mouse button at the same time. If you are in a 144 hz monitor you will get 130 ms - 155 ms if you are in 60 hz monitor around 150-180.

Going to direct experience is something you do naturally so you don't have to think about doing it or that you dont have it. The moment you do this you create sort of like resistance or effort. A good analogy I saw in youtube is with breathing exercises. For sure you have noticed this, when you try to slow the breath or prolong the breath: you can try do this it will feel hard, or you can just let breathing happen by its own. Same is with direct experience or anything else.

One can have problem with its body. But can't possible have a problem on running the body that is able to run. I hope it is making sense. 

A good analogy might be: If you tries to think about an apple and really focus on thinking about the apple. You will end up focusing, on focusing on thinking about the apple. Then nothing comes and one might say to themselves - it is a problem I cannot think. But if you let go of the idea that you have an issue with thinking then the moment you say apple images, thoughts will come before you really try to focus on them. So trying to focus on something is irrelevant and sometimes and issue, because it is happening by itself.

4 hours ago, Phil said:

@BlendingInfinite

🙏🏻

If I was to guess at an underlying theme that connects, it’d be worth in regard to objects and things, and worthy / unworthy in regard to self/people, and worthiness / unworthiness as emotional guidance. 

Why do you think that?

Left means not right

1 hour ago, Phil said:

@BlendingInfinite

It was a guess really. I can see where identifying as an intelligent person & liking some people and not other people accordingly could indeed feel great. I could also see how it might not, but that isn’t relevant, as you said you’re not experiencing discord on the matter. 

Of course, disliking other people always feels discordant. There is a difference between identifying as intelligence and seeing it as a strength. Just being intelligent doesn't mean much. You also have to have other traits in combination. And maybe in regard with that, I am identifying or not. I don't experience suffering regarding that, this is what I can say for sure.

Left means not right