Going sober forever or...

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

What about presently without beliefs?

7 minutes ago, Phil said:

Aware of all that? 

I'll take a look if you promise that alcoholism ends right there and then.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

@Blessed2 Do you have AA where you are? I would utilize a daily log journal like you were in the past and look into a group like AA if not AA. Start public, get all the support and accountability you can from those who have been there and done that. 

In meditation there can be two ways it goes, not really but humor me. You either notice when thought is doing its thing and bring it back, again and again, as if there's no frustration because there's no memory that "I've done this so many times, why doesn't it work and stay where it is". Or there's believing the thought that I am bad because I'm doing that thing I said I wouldn't do instead of just bringing it back to center. 

Youtube Channel  

25 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Do you have AA where you are? I would utilize a daily log journal like you were in the past and look into a group like AA if not AA. Start public, get all the support and accountability you can from those who have been there and done that. 

I don't want to go to AA. I feel insecure around people.

28 minutes ago, Mandy said:

In meditation there can be two ways it goes, not really but humor me. You either notice when thought is doing its thing and bring it back, again and again, as if there's no frustration because there's no memory that "I've done this so many times, why doesn't it work and stay where it is". Or there's believing the thought that I am bad because I'm doing that thing I said I wouldn't do instead of just bringing it back to center. 

Non-duality 101. You are already you.

A meditation practice is an attempt to get somewhere. It is the opposite of being you.

LOA 101. Trying to get somewhere is an attraction point of not being there.

Therefore a meditation practice is useless and even harmful.

I've heard there is actually even a study which found that regular meditation practice strenghtens the area in the brain responsible for forming a self-identity aka ego.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Seems like you got it all figured out then. 

Just stating thoughts out loud as they appear. It's just a cry for help.

@Blessed2 Meditation or "being present" on the fly is like eating your lunch while talking on the phone, doing work on the computer and watching 3 children all at once. It's for sure very doable, exciting, down to earth, and commendable but if you could just sit down and meditate, that would be nice. Like going to the beach on a hot day. No one really cares if you do or don't. This isn't going anywhere. 

There isn't an ego you can strengthen through practice. People have put much more effort into doing that than trying to rid themselves of it, like some clingy piece of plastic that gets statically charged and clings the more they flail and run around screaming "get it off!" . 😆

Insecure around people being the reason you don't want to try AA might be like a chicken and egg scenario. AA isn't some high pressure performance event, it's come as you are. Why the fuck not? 

Youtube Channel  

@Blessed2

Look..How to stop drinking? 

Well drinking is an action. You stop the action by stopping the action. Tada lol.  There is no how. There is a how when it comes to how to do X. But when it's how to NOT do X.. You just don't do it lol. 😅

Of course easier said than done. I myself am binge smoking these days. Could have helped myself lol  

Also btw when you become enlightened you realize free will is hogwash. There isn't a doer for your deeds just in the same way you don't control your breath or heart beats or that monkey that is constantly rambling in your mind. The body-mind will still have to function. You just hope that it functions well lol. 

11 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Meditation or "being present" on the fly is like eating your lunch while talking on the phone, doing work on the computer and watching 3 children all at once. It's for sure very doable, exciting, down to earth, and commendable but if you could just sit down and meditate, that would be nice. Like going to the beach on a hot day. No one really cares if you do or don't. This isn't going anywhere. 

I don't quite understand what you mean by this.

11 minutes ago, Mandy said:

There isn't an ego you can strengthen through practice.

That's a fun thought to contemplate on. 

If you'd drink a bottle of hard liquor every day for a month straight, would you say that it strenghtens ego?

14 minutes ago, Mandy said:

People have put much more effort into doing that than trying to rid themselves of it

Huh? Get rid of what?

14 minutes ago, Mandy said:

like some clingy piece of plastic that gets statically charged and clings the more they flail and run around screaming "get it off!" . 😆

Yeah, that's what I think meditation is. Same with the emotional scale and aligning thought with feeling. Same with this entire forum/AoB etc. Ya'll talk about LOA but this whole thing is really just the point of attraction of "getting there".

16 minutes ago, Mandy said:

Why the fuck not? 

In my mind there it's an image of just a bunch of some old guys. I'd feel out of place. And like for example, it's usual there to get phone numbers you can call when you really want to drink. I'd feel too insecure (shy) to actually call someone that way.

4 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I don't want a story about a self, I just want for this insane need, the feeling that there cannot be happiness without alcohol to go. I want sobriety to feel better than this drinking.

Do you REALLY feel better the next day after drinking? You need to consider the after effect, not the during affect.

A cat will not eat the next day the food that makes it sick, but humans do… 

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

A meditation practice is an attempt to get somewhere. It is the opposite of being you.

Where? 

What’s “not being”? 

34 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Yeah, that's what I think meditation is. Same with the emotional scale and aligning thought with feeling. Same with this entire forum/AoB etc. Ya'll talk about LOA but this whole thing is really just the point of attraction of "getting there".

Meditation isn’t what meditation could be thought to be, as it’s allowing the apparent activity of awareness as thoughts or thinking, to settle, unobscuring the true nature of awareness. Un-obscuring isn’t a getting somewhere. 

59 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

It's just a cry for help.

Help with what specifically? 

49 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Yeah, that's what I think meditation is. Same with the emotional scale and aligning thought with feeling. Same with this entire forum/AoB etc. Ya'll talk about LOA but this whole thing is really just the point of attraction of "getting there"

The only point here is a user name. 

Youtube Channel  

2 hours ago, Rose said:

Do you REALLY feel better the next day after drinking?

No. The next day sucks. The depression, guilt, despair is 2x worse.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Where? 

To better feeling. To what this forum is about. To creating what I really want.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

What’s “not being”?

Trying to get to.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Meditation isn’t what meditation could be thought to be, as it’s allowing the apparent activity of awareness as thoughts or thinking, to settle, unobscuring the true nature of awareness. Un-obscuring isn’t a getting somewhere. 

It is though. It is a daily practice to make a change happen. You say morning meditation, not any time of the day meditation. You say 1 hour, not 1 minute. 

It's a getting to un-obscuring.

It is a getting to. That's how you sell it.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Help with what specifically? 

Fear, grief, despair, powerlessness, pessimism, impatience

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

The only point here is a user name. 

I don't get what you're saying.

13 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

To better feeling. To what this forum is about. To creating what I really want.

Thanks. There’s apparently been a miscommunication and or misunderstanding. It’s about unfettering feeling by essentially dispelling limiting discordant beliefs which seem to obscure being.

Trying to get to.

Being is infinite. Trying to get to being is also being. 

It is though. It is a daily practice to make a change happen. You say morning meditation, not any time of the day meditation. You say 1 hour, not 1 minute. 

It's a getting to un-obscuring.

It is a getting to. That's how you sell it.

Meditating, being the settling of thoughts, includes these thoughts (all thought activity / thinking).

Yes, morning is best, prior to much momentum ‘thinking’ wise. 

Meditation is ‘getting out of one’s own way’. Preferred change is already happening. 

Getting to un-obscuring. Selling it. 😂 😂 😂 🙏🏼 

Fear, grief, despair, powerlessness, pessimism, impatience

Thanks, very specific. It would be very clarifying if you could define help in regard to those specific emotions.