Putting the “emptying” and the letting go of our attachments and addictions to the ultimate test

Jane

I’m going to try it out, put it to the test, just to see what it really feels like to let go, to empty my mind and body of the toxins I’ve put in there over the years.

I’m going to give up eating solid food and just drink water for a month starting today.

I’ve ordered some electrolyte capsules from Amazon which will make it safer hopefully.

I’ve heard “water-fasting” is a very healthy, beneficial and positive way to live, including being both physically  and mentally healing ❤️‍🩹 for the body/mind mechanism. I have also heard it’s an excellent way to reverse aging.

What's your biggest worry? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

It’s admirable that you’re seeking detoxification & improvement health wise, but a 30-day water fast can be extremely risky without medical supervision. It would be advisable to consult with your doctor before engaging in such an intense endeavor.

It may be worth looking into the story of the Buddha finding that asceticism was not the path to enlightenment or health, and more so why and what was found.

Maybe consider a more moderate approach like a semi-fast with vegan protein shakes, which still provides significant health benefits but without the dangers of a strict water-only month long diet.

I do semi-fasts quite often via Loophole Shakes. Maybe give one a try. Love to hear how you like it if you do! 

Thanks guys for your responses. 🙂

Also appreciate the advice of concern coupled with the well meaning encouragement from Phil. 👍

I’ve decided to quit the test, agreeing with Phil, that it would potentially be risky, since I have never attempted this practice like ever before.  I’ve been watching too many YouTube videos on the practice of 40 day fasts, and just automatically assumed I could do that. But then thought about how everybody’s body and brain  is wired differently and it won’t suit everyone.

I’ve changed my mind after thinking I may have been a little bit too ambitious by setting the bar too high for myself.

So I’ve decided to change my plan to only eating just one healthy meal a day to see how that works out for me.

14 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Have you tried water fasting before?

I’ve only ever tried it for 24 hours, that’s all. I’ve done this regularly throughout my life, as I’ve heard it’s a healthy practice to detox the body now and again.

Never tried for longer than a day.

15 hours ago, Phil said:

I do semi-fasts quite often via Loophole Shakes. Maybe give one a try. Love to hear how you like it if you do! 

Looks like something I would definitely consider trying out,   I’ve not heard of Loophole shakes before, although I have bought a few protein whey drinks in the past, so thanks very much for the link. 👍🙂

The Medical Medium 3-6-9 cleanse is also a great option if you want to achieve those goals safely. Just fruit and veggies for 5 days, last day juices and blended fruit only with the first three days to ease in. 

I think the very restricted time frame eating or one meal a day thing is much more suitable for male bodies or for bodies that consume a lot of high protein, high fat animal products. That doesn't mean it won't work well for you. There are lots of diet influencers claiming  "best" way to be, but if you'd ask your intuition for today you might get a very different response than the current science or popular belief. Many Youtube videos and podcasts are more for entertainment and building a name or brand than wellbeing. For this purpose more extreme measures perform better, for wellbeing the tortoise wins out over the hare. 

Youtube Channel  

2 hours ago, Jane said:

Dying while trying 😉

Haha good one. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.