How and why pychedelics decrease my consciousness now

Posted (edited)

Pychedelics used to increase my consciousness level and now decreases it. Here is why:

During the Pychedelic trip I do not think whatsoever, however when I come down I think to use it again or not to use it. I am attached to it, I do not think anything except pychedelics. After realization of what Enlightenment is, I recognize that whatever we think, therefore attached, that's cause suffering. Such as, I used to think what enlightenment is, which made me suffer due to want to become enlightened, however I do not think about enlightenment now, and it is not exist. Moreover, death. I used to keep thinking how to surrender about death, but now I do not think about death, and it doesn't even come to mind now, whatsoever.

I am just attached the pychedelics, and if I surrender that the "I" will be completely free. 

Much love!

Peace!

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Presently aware, there is no second self which has consciousness, which psychedelics increase or decrease. Much more than how & why - where? Where is the self this is about? 

Attachment also isn’t about a sep self. There is no I, no one at all, attached to anything. It’s in regard to thoughts, beliefs, mistaken identity. 

image.gif.c9642bd85666972f4df40227725d0761.gif

Posted (edited)

Don't think of enlightenment. If you stop thinking it stops existing. This does not mean it's a brain trick. But like Krishnamurti, you simply don't think something exists. 

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

It’s not, “before I was chopping wood & carrying water, and after enlightenment I’m chopping wood & carrying water enlightened”. 

It’s not about work. There wasn’t a separate self in the first place so there surely isn’t one which realized what enlightenment is. 

You’re free to attract whatever the hell you want. 

You’re free to listen to the guidance. 

You’re also free to spiritual bypass via psychedelics. 

But limitation is a belief. 

Posted (edited)

I feel the advice of don't think in enlightenment is kind of a trap. I see where that is coming from, but that can also become a kind of limitation too. It's obvious that thoughts are being considered even where no thoughts are being recommended. It's great advice but it can be taken too far. It can become another orthodoxy. It's so easy to try to kill one orthodoxy with another, but that can be misleading too if held too rigidly. It kind of reminds me of "yours is bad, mine is good." No, it's like - those are just pointers. Spiritual enlightenment is very tricky and I think it's good to be light at the touch rather than heavy handed. Allow and see what happens. I feel like we try to claw at enlightenment and it's like one of those Chinese Finger Traps, the more it is sought for, the more elusive it becomes. It's not an ideology, but it's also not the absence of ideology. That's way too reductionistic. Any teaching is going to be reductionistic on some level. It's words, it's thought. So I take every teaching or recommendation as a pointer. But then that's also kind of reductionistic too. It's like trying to catch air in a net, it ain't gonna work. But if you're not swinging a net, nothing is being said, so no change of any kind is going to be noticed. It's a very subtle touch and go kind of thing. You're not going to learn spiritual enlightenment in a textbook like Advaita Vedanta does it. All that is just a very beautiful pointer, but even then it can become a trap because the mind gets a hold of all that tasty theory. It's like an ebb with the theory and then a flow with emptiness. But via this cycle (and even this is a pointer) a change is had that remains that isn't thought. To even say it's a transformation is saying too much. It's the seeking that which is already there that is the problem whether it's via thoughts or psychedelics. It's like looking all over the place for your glasses and then realizing they're already on your face.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

On 6/4/2024 at 4:54 PM, Phil said:

Presently aware, there is no second self which has consciousness, which psychedelics increase or decrease. Much more than how & why - where? Where is the self this is about? 

Attachment also isn’t about a sep self. There is no I, no one at all, attached to anything. It’s in regard to thoughts, beliefs, mistaken identity. 

image.gif.c9642bd85666972f4df40227725d0761.gif

Of course. Sometimes i get attached the thoughts. 

23 minutes ago, James123 said:

Of course. Sometimes i get attached the thoughts. 

Thought attachment points to the believing of the thought, that there is a sep self which gets attached to (these sep things) thoughts. 

image.thumb.gif.8bd3f7c23dae56797b679dd15f753df1.gif

This show might not have been a hit over there, so… it’s called will & grace brother. 

You’re being This. Relax into that you are. 

“Be still and know that I am God”. 

🥹

image.gif.abf147eb646b96a36ed50958ce722cd2.gif

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

Thought attachment points to the believing of the thought, that there is a sep self which gets attached to (these sep things) thoughts. 

image.thumb.gif.8bd3f7c23dae56797b679dd15f753df1.gif

This show might not have been a hit over there, so… it’s called will & grace brother. 

You’re being This. Relax into that you are. 

“Be still and know that I am God”. 

🥹

image.gif.abf147eb646b96a36ed50958ce722cd2.gif

Thanks my brother. Great explanation and input, again and again. Thank you.