LGBTQ+ Pride Month

@Jonas Long

@Joseph Maynor

Ad Hominem Fallacy :

This fallacy occurs when someone responds to an argument by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, rather than addressing the substance of the argument itself. Here’s a detailed look at the ad hominem fallacy:

Types of Ad Hominem Fallacies

Abusive Ad Hominem:

Description: This involves directly attacking the character of the person making the argument. For example, "You can't trust John's opinion on climate change because he's not very smart."

Example: "Don't listen to her argument on environmental policy; she's just a high school dropout."

Circumstantial Ad Hominem:

Description: This involves suggesting that the person making the argument is biased or has a vested interest in the outcome. For example, "Of course, the politician supports tax cuts for the wealthy; he's rich himself."

Example: "You can't believe what the lawyer says about the case; he's being paid to defend his client."

Tu Quoque (You Too) Ad Hominem:

Description: This involves accusing the person of hypocrisy. For example, "How can you argue for a healthy lifestyle when you smoke?"

Example: "You say we should reduce waste, but I've seen you throw away plastic bottles."

Guilt by Association:

Description: This involves discrediting an argument because of the person's association with someone or something considered undesirable. For example, "His argument against surveillance is invalid because he used to be friends with a criminal."

Example: "Her views on foreign policy are not worth considering because she once attended a meeting with a controversial group."

Why Ad Hominem Fallacies Are Problematic

Irrelevance: These attacks are irrelevant to the argument being made. The personal characteristics or circumstances of the individual do not affect the validity of their argument.

Distracts from the Argument: Ad hominem attacks shift the focus away from the actual issues, making it harder to engage in a rational discussion.

Undermines Rational Debate: Resorting to personal attacks can create a hostile environment, discouraging constructive dialogue and the exchange of ideas.

How to Identify and Respond to Ad Hominem Fallacies

Identify the Fallacy: Recognize when a response targets the person rather than the argument. Look for statements that address personal traits, motives, or affiliations instead of addressing the points raised.

Refocus on the Argument: Redirect the discussion back to the original argument. For example, "Let's focus on the evidence and reasoning behind the claim, rather than personal characteristics."

Ask for Clarification: Politely ask how the personal attack is relevant to the argument. This can help highlight the fallacy and bring the conversation back to the actual issues.

Stay Calm and Respectful: Responding to personal attacks with civility and respect can help maintain a constructive dialogue and demonstrate a commitment to rational debate.

Example

Person A: "I believe that climate change is a significant threat and we need to take action now."

Person B: "Of course you would say that, you're just a left-wing environmentalist."

Response: "Whether I am a left-wing environmentalist or not doesn't change the evidence and arguments about climate change. Let's discuss the scientific data and the policies we can consider."

By focusing on the substance of the argument rather than the individual making it, we can engage in more productive and respectful discussions.

18 minutes ago, Mandy said:

If only there were actually seperate people there could actually be distinct seperate genders. 

This is deep.  Another deep one is the dissolving of the thought that the Self controls the self.  The Watcher doesn't control the movie.  One's ego is not One's own.

💬 🗯️🤍

12 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

No, its not almost all of them look the same 99% are the same maybe 1% are perfect and cant be distinguishable 

This is a hasty generalization, which is another logic fallacy.  The peterson video is an appeal to authority, ano

ther logical fallacy.  

The tone and quickness of your responses indicates a triggeredness and not really taking anything in.  Take some time, forget your prejudices, and educate yourself, if you feel like it.

Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

The tone and quickness of your responses indicates a triggeredness and not really taking anything in.  Take some time, forget your prejudices, and educate yourself, if you feel like it.

lol,  Ad Hominem Fallacy no .6 idk the number 

3 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

This is a hasty generalization, which is another logic fallacy.  The peterson video is an appeal to authority, ano

ther logical fallacy.  

Provide me with evidence don't just stuff that doesn't exist and say I am the one who I needs to get educated LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Edited by Isagi Yoichi

3 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

lol,  Ad Hominem Fallacy no .6 idk the number 

Provide me with evidence don't just stuff that doesn't exist and say I am the one who I needs to get educated LMFAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Watch the video if you care to, there's the evidence.  You shared a video, so I did.  You're also using fallacies, so idk what to tell you about that. 

Just now, Jonas Long said:

Watch the video if you care to, there's the evidence.  You shared a video, so I did.  You're also using fallacies, so idk what to tell you about that. 

No, I mean the generalization u talked about. prove to me that it is not the case 

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

No, I mean the generalization u talked about. prove to me that it is not the case 

Hasty generalization is another logical fallacy, when you say 99% are like something, it's a hasty generalization, obviously.  99% of trans women do not look any certain way, 99% of sis women or men do not look a certain way. 

I'm not demanding evidence, I already accept people's rights to be what they say they are, but since you demand evidence, here's more, super scientific too.  Give it a chance if you have an open mind.

Edited by Jonas Long

Just now, Jonas Long said:

Hasty generalization is another logical fallacy, when you say 99% are like something, it's a hasty generalization, obviously.  

LMAO I said they look the same wtf are u talking about show me 10 examples of a woman who turned male and vice versa 

you are missing what I was talking about entirely I am not talking about gender and sex in the previous argument about the facial structure 

1 minute ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

LMAO I said they look the same wtf are u talking about show me 10 examples of a woman who turned male and vice versa 

you are missing what I was talking about entirely I am not talking about gender and sex in the previous argument about the facial structure 

So, you're talking about eugenics?  Like a nazi would. 

You didn't have time to watch either video, so I'm not going to continue to engage since it's clearly not in good faith. 

4 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Isagi Yoichi What exactly are you trying to express here about the original topic? What exactly isn't real, and what on earth does horny lab rats have to do with it? 

It's not a horny lab rat it's a civilization of rats who were given everything and life was made easier for them they later expressed actions of transgenderism and males fucking each other and there was no reproduction anymore until the civilization died. they killed and ate each other.

they repeated the experiment it kept happening, it's exactly like with humans with wars and males fucking each other 

3 hours ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

you're the ignorant one lol 

3 hours ago, Phil said:

Today is the first day of LGBTQ+ Pride Month and in the vein of Celebrating & Sharing, all comments & stories (the good, the bad & the ugly) are welcomed. I would love to hear of any challenges & see some encouraging advice, as well as any challenges which have revealed the profound reality of sameness & unity. 

As a conversational point, I’ll suggest that like racism… sexism, homophobia, heterosexism and all gender and sexuality-based discrimination and gender & sexual orientation bigotry are projections of ignorance via aversion from emotional guidance and the innocence & true nature of

“You’re the ignorant one” is the ignorance.

35 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

Ad Hominem Fallacy :

This fallacy occurs when someone responds to an argument by attacking the character, motive, or other attribute of the person making the argument, rather than addressing the substance of the argument itself. Here’s a detailed look at the ad hominem fallacy:

❤️🧡💛💚💙💜

1 minute ago, Jonas Long said:

So, you're talking about eugenics?  Like a nazi would. 

You didn't have time to watch either video, so I'm not going to continue to engage since it's clearly not in good faith. 

Ad Hominem Fallacy No.7

the videos are irrelevant I saw the both videos before u show them to me actually lmfaooooooo

I will take a look at the resources later 

Posted (edited)
16 minutes ago, Isagi Yoichi said:

@Phil

@Mandy

Can u address the accusation before proceeding with any other talks thanks 

Relax bro.  This is hard to get when you're the one being triggered, I get it.  This is how it is.  You can Watch yourself being triggered.  It becomes funny.  It's fun.  What movie is good without fun? it wouldn't occur.  It is like chess.  Similar to chess.  But losing a game of chess doesn't do anything to You.  Chess is very cutthroat drama if you think about it.   I love the game of chess for this reason and play and practice as much as I can.  Conflict can be fun if you don't take it personally.  It's like the dog reaching for the chew toy and wanting to compete with you solely for fun.  The clashing of ego is fun, it's drama, a good movie wouldn't exist without it.  How could ego be otherwise?

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍