What Am I Still Missing Regarding Spiritual Enlightenment?

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

That's right.  No one to impress, or to validate you.  Nothing to do but look within and face all that gnarly stuff you are here pontificating all the time to avoid. 

This is why you're valued.  You are a great pointer.  ❤️

varuna-god-of-the-oceans-indian-school.j

Lord-Shiva-gods-of-hinduism-33227337-102

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

@Joseph Maynor the thing you're missing about "enlightenment" is imagining other egos as crocodiles or sharks who want to win or eat you.  There's nothing to fear but your own fear.  You perceive threats and being attacked by others because you know that fear and insecurity and damage is already in you and so you're just waiting and expecting and fearing that "others" are going to remind you of it somehow.  No way out but in.  

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

@Joseph Maynor the thing you're missing about "enlightenment" is imagining other egos as crocodiles or sharks who want to win or eat you.  There's nothing to fear but your own fear.  You perceive threats and being attacked by others because you know that fear and insecurity and damage is already in you and so you're just waiting and expecting and fearing that "others" are going to remind you of it somehow.  No way out but in.  

The thing you're missing about enlightenment is I don't exist.  It's all YOU brotha!  No scapegoats for you.  It's all in yo mind. You're already at Peace.  Eternal Peace to boot!  😆

Trimurti-Brahma-Bishnu-Maheshowor.jpg

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The thing you're missing about enlightenment is I don't exist.  It's all YOU brotha!  No scapegoats for you.  It's all in yo mind.  😆

This fake bravado isn't gonna do it either.  If your post was a sincere question, you've been given stuff to think about it.  Your damage isn't going anywhere, it'll be waiting for you when you get done playing guru.  

Edited by Jonas Long

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

This fake bravado isn't gonna do it either.  If your post was a sincere question, you've been given stuff to think about it.  Your damage isn't going anywhere, it'll be waiting for you when you get done playing guru.  

Maybe you should look in the mirror and realize your reflection ain't Real.  Loosen up Lester.  Your enemy is you not Me.  Always has been bruh.  When you get done playing guru, YOU will realize this.  Don't be a Debbie Downer.  Don't be @Phil's lawyer either.  Where'd He go?  I want to know who the thinker could ever be?  😁🤢

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

3 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Maybe you should look in the mirror and realize your reflection ain't Real.  Loosen up Lester.  Your enemy is you not Me.  Always has been bruh.  When you get done playing guru, YOU will realize this.  Don't be a Debbie Downer.  Don't be @Phil's lawyer either.  Where'd He go?    😁

All spirituality can really do is point you toward where the pain is.  Then you have to feel it.  That's my practice already, I'm just recommending it.  This here is just more thrashing and bleeding and denying the sharks are within. 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

All spirituality can really do is point you toward where the pain is.  Then you have to feel it.  That's my practice already, I'm just recommending it.  This here is just more thrashing and bleeding and denying the sharks are within. 

Examine your thoughts.  You seem to have a tortured mind.  Talk about a thinker!  We have a Thinker for us here.  Who's that darn thinker.  He's a thinker!  Oo0h Oooh! 🤣

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Examine your thoughts.  You seem to have a tortured mind.  Talk about a thinker!  🤣

"God is a concept by which we measure our pain".  Suit yourself, keep looking outside for the sharks, they'll eat you from within, they already are. 

Edited by Jonas Long

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Jonas Long said:

"God is a concept by which we measure our pain".  Suit yourself, keep looking outside for the sharks, they'll eat you from within, they already are. 

I regret ever using the word "God".  I'll admit that.  There's stuff where I said that that I regret.  Not on here, more on the other platform.   It's not that I'm against God, it's just ultimately Unnecessary.  It's like Solipsism in that way.  It's a half-measure that's all but not All strangely enough.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

2 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I regret ever using the word "God".  I'll admit that.  There's stuff where I said that that I regret.  Not on here, more on the other platform.   It's not that I'm against God, it's just ultimately Unnecessary.

Nothing is necessary besides allowing yourself to absolutely break open.  Resistance only makes it more painful.  

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, Phil said:

That would be you which there isn’t. Put another way, missing the punchline. 

Awkward ass position indeed.  You called it.  Creating the punchline.  You're sneaky in how you like to win @Phil.  I don't have anything against winning, it's the nature of Samsara.  Par for the course.  One crocodile bites another and on and on ad infinitum ...  What else is new?  This is not a serious endeavor, quite the contrary,  We can hide the daggers if you will.  There's no threat.  It's just a forum.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

10 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Awkward ass position indeed.  You called it.  Creating the punchline.  You're sneaky in how you like to win @Phil.  I don't have anything against winning, it's the nature of Samsara.  Par for the course.  One crocodile bites another and on and on ad infinitum ...  What else is new?  This is not a serious endeavor, quite the contrary,  We can hide the daggers if you will.  There's no threat.  It's just a forum.

The calls are coming from inside the house. 

@Joseph Maynor

I guess I could find my way to seeing this winning and crocodiles interpretation, but I’m at a loss as to why one would given how deeply off it feels & how profoundly loving, supporting, encouraging and beautiful reality is. (Which is not to say anything is wrong with it, or that anyone is lacking or missing anything etc.) Like why hang out in jealousy or ‘lower’ when there is contentment & ‘higher’. That in & of itself seems weird, let alone the justifying & rationalizing of. 

1 minute ago, Phil said:

@Joseph Maynor

I guess I could find my way to seeing this winning and crocodiles interpretation, but I’m at a loss as to why one would given how deeply off it feels & how profoundly loving, supporting, encouraging and beautiful reality is. (Which is not to say anything is wrong with it, or that anyone is lacking or missing anything etc.) Like way hang out in jealousy or lower when there is contentment & higher. That in & of itself seems weird, let alone the justifying & rationalizing of. 

You're attached to pleasant feeling as a basis for Feeling.

💬 🗯️🤍