What Am I Still Missing Regarding Spiritual Enlightenment?

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

No. There truly, actually, really, really, really isn’t a sep self, nor mind. 

(Cessation.)

I swear by all the gods in existence from Zeus to Rah to Shiva to Allah that I understand this ..

But dude ..there is truly really really really much more to understand than this .

6 minutes ago, Someone here said:

I swear by all the gods in existence from Zeus to Rah to Shiva to Allah that I understand this ..

But dude ..there is truly really really really much more to understand than this .

Parroting. 

Watch how simple it is…. “No thanks” … … … meditation

The me & understanding is a belief loop. Check direct experience and see. Attempt to point to either / both. 

Nothing’s happening. That nothing could be understood, that understanding isn’t the thought understanding, would be ego. The sep self of thought. The “one who understands”. 

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

The me & understanding is a belief loop. Check direct experience and see. 

Dude ..seriously. .wtf ? You just used "my mind " in your previous reply and now you are telling me to not use self referential words ?

You are playing games. 

8 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Phil dont you sometimes get bored of only rambling about how there isnt sep self of thoughts ? Dont you wanna talk about something different?  You know.. eating the same juicy steak everyday for dinner is boring no matter how crispy and fantastic it tastes ..

Same presumption of sep self & sep selves. 

Boredom is an emotion, guidance. 

Boredom is never experienced ‘here’ as it were. 

This is appearance, and therein never the same.

So to speak, bear in mind, Phil didn’t go the way of denial, exclusion, suppression & isolation. In life terms, this is the richest, fullest, funnest life imaginable. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Phil said:

- The knower. 

And not even.  Technically it's not a knowing, it's You Self-realizing.  The mind eats itself when You realize Being.  The I-Thought gets sucked back into Being and dies.  There's no separate self.  There's no Joseph Maynor sadly for me -- the movie called to say it wished things were otherwise.  Everyone seems to be in a great mood today, I love it!  Being = FUN.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

10 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Here's a question for @Phil.  If there is no separate self, who is it that is not understanding or getting spiritual enlightenment?  I can't locate that person.

It's not that. It's simply experience veiled by beliefs/conditiong/resistance patterns. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Here's a question for @Phil.  If there is no separate self, who is it that is not understanding or getting spiritual enlightenment?  I can't locate that person.

Barking up the wrong tree.

Eventually you'll have to face your own damage.  

1 minute ago, Joseph Maynor said:

You love dishing out damage Jonas, I know you do.

No, I just see you doing everything to avoid facing yours.  I didn't give it to you, it was already there.  That's the motivation behind all your posts, it's obvious.