Lack of energy

Kevin

Lately I’ve been feeling exhausted. I used to work out 5-6 days a week and often I’d have 2 workouts most days. Lifting and then Jiu Jitsu. So I used to have a ton of energy and I could always keep going. Now I don’t work out that much. Last week I probably worked out 4 times and at a lower intensity. And yet I’m still exhausted. I haven’t worked out since probably Saturday but I’m feeling super low energy and tired.

I’ve been reading up on the nervous system and apparently your nervous system can be in a state of rest and relaxation or it can be in states of dysfunction involving either shutdown or overstimulation. Also when your nervous system is functioning properly, socialization is supposed to be easy and it happens naturally.

This makes perfect sense actually. For much of my life I experienced social anxiety which I now believe was just a dysregulated nervous

system. There were also times in my life were socializing was effortless and I believe those periods my nervous system was doing good. During those times my energy was super high and I felt healthy.

Lately I have been doing TRE pretty much every day. Some people say doing TRE every day can be bad for your nervous system because it can be taxing on the body and you can overload your nervous system. So maybe part of the reason I’m feeling off is because I need to take a break from that. I guess I’m feeling discouraged though because last week I was feeling really great and I was meditating all the time and doing TRE. But now all I want to do is lay in bed.

Any tips on having more energy and regulating my nervous system would be great.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

What about the framing?

(Lack of energy).

The framing of lack of energy seems challenging in the sense that it’s not helping. However even without the framing it seems like experimentally I would have a lower capacity and motivation rn. Idk though maybe not?

13 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Kevin

Maybe energy is a paradigm obscuring inspiration. 

How to let it go? I’ve been meditating a lot the past week and doing the trauma clearing exercise. I feel exhausted. I was trying to make the purification process go faster but I think I’ve made it go too fast because I’m tired and uncomfortable. And certain painful thoughts are coming up repeatedly. Maybe this is what I want. But idk it feels overwhelming. Or actually it only seems overwhelming because I don’t want it to be happening for some reason.

What's a trauma clearing exercise and what's TRE

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

4 minutes ago, Reena said:

What's a trauma clearing exercise and what's TRE

TRE is basically where you activate your body in a way to make it shake. Basically the shaking works to clear out trauma and stress that’s built up. Mammals are supposed to shake when experiencing trauma but most of us have suppressed the shaking because we think it makes us look weak.

I learned about it on a retreat and I’ve been doing it a lot. Apparently when you first start you’re supposed to go slowly. Starting with 2 or 3 times a week.

I would recommend it. I think it’s really helped me but I think I’ve done it too much too quickly and I need a break

@Kevin thanks for sharing I didn't know any of that. I might use it too. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

5 hours ago, Kevin said:

Lately I’ve been feeling exhausted. I used to work out 5-6 days a week and often I’d have 2 workouts most days. Lifting and then Jiu Jitsu. So I used to have a ton of energy and I could always keep going. Now I don’t work out that much. Last week I probably worked out 4 times and at a lower intensity. And yet I’m still exhausted. I haven’t worked out since probably Saturday but I’m feeling super low energy and tired.

I’ve been reading up on the nervous system and apparently your nervous system can be in a state of rest and relaxation or it can be in states of dysfunction involving either shutdown or overstimulation. Also when your nervous system is functioning properly, socialization is supposed to be easy and it happens naturally.

This makes perfect sense actually. For much of my life I experienced social anxiety which I now believe was just a dysregulated nervous

system. There were also times in my life were socializing was effortless and I believe those periods my nervous system was doing good. During those times my energy was super high and I felt healthy.

Lately I have been doing TRE pretty much every day. Some people say doing TRE every day can be bad for your nervous system because it can be taxing on the body and you can overload your nervous system. So maybe part of the reason I’m feeling off is because I need to take a break from that. I guess I’m feeling discouraged though because last week I was feeling really great and I was meditating all the time and doing TRE. But now all I want to do is lay in bed.

Any tips on having more energy and regulating my nervous system would be great.

If you had a roommate saying this you’d probably kick him out so inspiration could arise. 

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Kevin

To me it seems like there’s something going on that me needs to move past.

Well I guess when you put it like that it’s kind of silly.

it seems confusing because many painful thoughts are let go and not paid attention to. Occasionally painful thoughts come up that seem relevant. And they stick for a bit.

10 minutes ago, Phil said:

If you had a roommate saying this you’d probably kick him out so inspiration could arise. 

It seems like aversion to just ignore all this stuff coming up.