Acknowledgement and expression of emotions doesn't do anything.

Posted (edited)
On 5/24/2024 at 8:39 AM, Blessed2 said:

You can ask me over and over again what emotion on the scale I am experiencing and I will answer every time exactly what emotion I am experiencing. We can do that for a week or a month straight.

I can express by saying "I am experiencing the emotion [x]".

That will not do anything. Addictions such as nicotine, caffeine or food will not stop. There will not be a rising on the emotional scale. Nothing on the dreamboard will be attracted. The change I want will not happen.

It can't happen by will.   You can't will your way out of an addiction.  You have to retrain your brain to not want it anymore but indirectly so that will is redirected - but so that the ego doesn't think it's willing it's way away from it.  In other words the ego just needs to be distracted and tricked.  Then before you know it, there is no will to smoke or drink.  Start going to to the gym- change your diet - make other physical changes that may affect your need for addictive substances. 

Edited by Robed Mystic

40 minutes ago, Phil said:

Same topic. 

Exactly. Acknowledgement and expression of emotions doesn't do anything.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

2 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I can't clean my house. It is too uncomfortable. I can't quit nicotine. It's too uncomfortable. I can't have a job, I'm anxious of social situations and stuff. The list goes on.

I'm here to do exactly what's suggested, which is acknowledgement and expression of emotions. To align thought with feeling as suggested. To attract what is wanted as suggested.

But it seems that suddenly it's no longer about acknowledgement and expression of emotions, but some "unwillingness" or something? What? It's like ya'll now run with the tail between your legs.

I'm here to acknowledge and express emotions. Sincerely. This is not stubbornness or arrogance. I acknowledge and express precisely and honestly as is suggested. Come on, let's go.

If I were in your shoes I’d rewrite that with a theme of self-centered-ness. Utter obsession with the separate self of thought. Then I’d write it once more, without any pronouns. 

49 minutes ago, Phil said:

If I were in your shoes I’d rewrite that with a theme of self-centered-ness. Utter obsession with the separate self of thought. Then I’d write it once more, without any pronouns. 

I can't clean my house. It is too uncomfortable to me and I don't want to do it. I can't quit nicotine. It's too uncomfortable to me and I don't want to do it. I can't have a job, I'm anxious of social situations and stuff. The list of things that should be different in my life goes on.

I'm here to do exactly what's suggested to me, which is acknowledgement and expression of my emotions. To align my thought with my feeling as suggested to me. To attract what I want.

But it seems that suddenly it's no longer about acknowledgement and expression of my emotions, but my "unwillingness" or something? What? It's like ya'll now run with the tail between your legs.

I'm here to acknowledge and express my emotions. Sincerely. This is not my stubbornness or arrogance. I acknowledge and express my emotions precisely and honestly as is suggested to me. Come on, let's go. I want to see if what you suggest to me actually gives you say it does, and what I want.

This house isn't clean as is believed it should be or wanted for it to be. It is believed to be too uncomfortable to clean it up. There is nicotine addiction and it is believed that there shouldn't be. It is believed that quitting would feel too uncomfortable. There isn't a job, like it's believed that there should be. It is believed that social situations cause uncomfortable emotions. The list of things that are wanted to be differently goes on.

This thread is an attempt to align thought with feeling via acknowledgement and expression of emotions, in order to attract what is wanted.

Even though the point of the thread couldn't be more simple and straight-forward, and most precisely what is suggested on this forum, it seems that the suggestion suddenly changed from simple acknowledgement and expression of emotion to some kind of "missing quality" such as willingness. It seems that when light is shed on the suggestions of the forum's message, the message changes or doesn't quite deliver like is said it would.

Emotions are truly and sincerely acknowledged and expressed in this thread, and there is no stubbornness or arrogance at play. Emotions are acknowledged and expressed presicely as is suggested.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

24 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I can't clean my house. It is too uncomfortable to me and I don't want to do it. I can't quit nicotine. It's too uncomfortable to me and I don't want to do it. I can't have a job, I'm anxious of social situations and stuff. The list of things that should be different in my life goes on.

I'm here to do exactly what's suggested to me, which is acknowledgement and expression of my emotions. To align my thought with my feeling as suggested to me. To attract what I want.

But it seems that suddenly it's no longer about acknowledgement and expression of my emotions, but my "unwillingness" or something? What? It's like ya'll now run with the tail between your legs.

I'm here to acknowledge and express my emotions. Sincerely. This is not my stubbornness or arrogance. I acknowledge and express my emotions precisely and honestly as is suggested to me. Come on, let's go. I want to see if what you suggest to me actually gives you say it does, and what I want.

This house isn't clean as is believed it should be or wanted for it to be. It is believed to be too uncomfortable to clean it up. There is nicotine addiction and it is believed that there shouldn't be. It is believed that quitting would feel too uncomfortable. There isn't a job, like it's believed that there should be. It is believed that social situations cause uncomfortable emotions. The list of things that are wanted to be differently goes on.

This thread is an attempt to align thought with feeling via acknowledgement and expression of emotions, in order to attract what is wanted.

Even though the point of the thread couldn't be more simple and straight-forward, and most precisely what is suggested on this forum, it seems that the suggestion suddenly changed from simple acknowledgement and expression of emotion to some kind of "missing quality" such as willingness. It seems that when light is shed on the suggestions of the forum's message, the message changes or doesn't quite deliver like is said it would.

Emotions are truly and sincerely acknowledged and expressed in this thread, and there is no stubbornness or arrogance at play. Emotions are acknowledged and expressed presicely as is suggested.

Bro, just clean your room. 😅

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

@Blessed2

Nice!

Sep self out of the way, emotions being guidance for thoughts & beliefs, and therein alignment… 

1) Are the emotions mentioned below with each thought / belief / sentence agreeable?

2) With the guidance, with the scale, for each, what is a more aligned feeling thought? 

1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

This house isn't clean as is believed it should be or wanted for it to be.

Disappointment and or frustration.

It is believed to be too uncomfortable to clean it up.

Overwhelment and or powerlessness. 

There is nicotine addiction and it is believed that there shouldn't be.

Guilt and or unworthiness. 

It is believed that quitting would feel too uncomfortable.

Fear and or doubt.

There isn't a job, like it's believed that there should be.

Insecurity and or worry.

It is believed that social situations cause uncomfortable emotions.

Insecurity.

The list of things that are wanted to be differently goes on.

Frustration and or overwhelment.

Hopefulness.

Even though the point of the thread couldn't be more simple and straight-forward, and most precisely what is suggested on this forum, it seems that the suggestion suddenly changed from simple acknowledgement and expression of emotion to some kind of "missing quality" such as willingness.

Doubt and or frustration. 

It seems that when light is shed on the suggestions of the forum's message, the message changes or doesn't quite deliver like is said it would.

Emotions are truly and sincerely acknowledged and expressed in this thread, and there is no stubbornness or arrogance at play.

Contentment. 

Emotions are acknowledged and expressed presicely as is suggested.

Empowerment. 

25 minutes ago, Orb said:

Bro, just clean your room. 😅

This entire thread is the attempt to align thought with feeling so that cleaning my room is possible.

I've been coming to forums and reading books and watching videos for years to get to a place where I can manage to clean my room and keep it clean. I meditate every day to get to that place. I took pills for 6 years to get to that place. I tried psychedelics to get to that place, and went through a psychotic episode.

I've been trying to clean my room since I was a kid and my mom used to get angry cause my room was so messy and she would throw all my stuff, empty all closets and tables and everything into a big pile on the floor and force me to clean it all up. Didn't seem to work, and I'm probably even more messy than I was as a kid.

I often experience suicidal ideation because I can't manage to keep my house in order like a normal human.

With this thread I am attempting to do exactly what is suggested to let go discordant interpretations and align thought with feeling. I am doing exactly what I've been told I am supposed to do.

6 minutes ago, Phil said:

This house isn't clean as is believed it should be or wanted for it to be.

Sure. And pessimism.

A bit more aligned feeling thought would be that it's not as messy as it could be in worse case scenario.

9 minutes ago, Phil said:

It is believed to be too uncomfortable to clean it up.

Overwhelment and or powerlessness. 

Sure. And despair and discouragement.

No more aligned interpretation comes to mind.

11 minutes ago, Phil said:

There is nicotine addiction and it is believed that there shouldn't be.

Guilt and or unworthiness. 

Yes, guilt, unworthiness and insecurity.

14 minutes ago, Phil said:

It is believed that quitting would feel too uncomfortable.

Fear and or doubt.

Powerlessness, despair, fear, grief, doubt.

17 minutes ago, Phil said:

There isn't a job, like it's believed that there should be.

Insecurity and or worry.

Yes.

A more aligned interpretation would be that at least I'm trying, taking little steps.

18 minutes ago, Phil said:

It is believed that social situations cause uncomfortable emotions.

Insecurity.

Yes, and fear and worry.

19 minutes ago, Phil said:

The list of things that are wanted to be differently goes on.

Frustration and or overwhelment.

Yes, and pessimism and despair and fear.

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

Hopefulness.

Yes.

23 minutes ago, Phil said:

Even though the point of the thread couldn't be more simple and straight-forward, and most precisely what is suggested on this forum, it seems that the suggestion suddenly changed from simple acknowledgement and expression of emotion to some kind of "missing quality" such as willingness.

Doubt and or frustration. 

Yes, and also powerlessness, despair and fear. And disappointment.

25 minutes ago, Phil said:

It seems that when light is shed on the suggestions of the forum's message, the message changes or doesn't quite deliver like is said it would.

Yes.

27 minutes ago, Phil said:

Emotions are truly and sincerely acknowledged and expressed in this thread, and there is no stubbornness or arrogance at play.

Contentment. 

Yes, and hopefulness.

27 minutes ago, Phil said:

Emotions are acknowledged and expressed presicely as is suggested.

Empowerment. 

No. Hopefulness.

Posted (edited)
29 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

This entire thread is the attempt to align thought with feeling so that cleaning my room is possible.

I've been coming to forums and reading books and watching videos for years to get to a place where I can manage to clean my room and keep it clean. I meditate every day to get to that place. I took pills for 6 years to get to that place. I tried psychedelics to get to that place, and went through a psychotic episode.

I've been trying to clean my room since I was a kid and my mom used to get angry cause my room was so messy and she would throw all my stuff, empty all closets and tables and everything into a big pile on the floor and force me to clean it all up. Didn't seem to work, and I'm probably even more messy than I was as a kid.

I often experience suicidal ideation because I can't manage to keep my house in order like a normal human.

With this thread I am attempting to do exactly what is suggested to let go discordant interpretations and align thought with feeling. I am doing exactly what I've been told I am supposed to do.

Have you tried following your heart rather than the mind?   Why must one always subscribe to what others say is what one is supposed to do?  Seems to me this would be very liberating.   Why must your room be a certain way?  It should be how you want it to be.  You don't have to conform to society.  Maybe its in letting society comform to you where peace may lie.

Edited by Robed Mystic

34 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I have had similar experiences in childhood and I'm sorry about what you went through man. But just get up and clean your room. Far more effort is being done in trying to find a way to clean your room effortlessly rather than just cleaning your room. It doesn't have to be pleasurable. Just get it done is my advice.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

1) A bit more aligned feeling thought would be that it's not as messy as it could be in worse case scenario.

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

2) A more aligned interpretation would be that at least I'm trying, taking little steps.

The thoughts for which no more aligned thought came to mind for, point directly to the separate self of thought, the innocently mistaken identity. 

Far more relevantly - the more aligned thoughts (the two above, 1 & 2) illuminate the way. 

1) Awareness of catastrophizing. Might sound like, “I can’t even clean my room, life is pointless”. Being aware of thoughts, that these are thoughts presently experienced is ample. 

2) Mindfulness; presence, being present via - one smallest task at a time.

The core self referential belief is inadequacy, and the accompanying guidance (which is saying you are not inadequate) is powerlessness. 

The hurdle is persistent self judgment based on past experience, specifically unmet expectations, and the accompanying guidance is pessimism (which is saying past experience does not define you or what is possible for you). 

Most key is appreciating momentum. “Great success” is a facade, a belief, the actuality is one tiny step / task at a time, presently, mindfully. 

Much, much more so… the illuminated way is of you. Not some tool, forum, or other. The Way is within you. As thought is aligned with feeling, the illumination is more so, and more so, and more so, and you feel a little better, and a little better, and a little better (momentum). 

1 hour ago, Robed Mystic said:

Have you tried following your heart rather than the mind? 

Lol if I did that, I'd probably be an unemployed alcoholic for the rest of my life.

I don't like what I am when I 'follow my heart'. And neither does anyone else.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

The thoughts for which no more aligned thought came to mind for, point directly to the separate self of thought, the innocently mistaken identity. 

Absolutely nothing will happen if this is done. Addictions won't go, room will not be clean, nothing.

All those could be gone tomorrow, but they will not be. It'll be the same for a loooong time.

This thread, self-inquiry, expression, acknowledgement, whatever, none of that is going to turn this ship.

That there could even be a change to any of that is honestly a ridiculous idea. The oil tanker just isn't going to stop.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

The core self referential belief is inadequacy, and the accompanying guidance (which is saying you are not inadequate) is powerlessness. 

Yes, I am experiencing the emotion powerlessness.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

The hurdle is persistent self judgment based on past experience, specifically unmet expectations, and the accompanying guidance is pessimism (which is saying past experience does not define you or what is possible for you).

I am experiencing the emotion pessimism.

Posted (edited)
31 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Lol if I did that, I'd probably be an unemployed alcoholic for the rest of my life.

Probably but possibly not.  But i think you wouldn't.   You're not now.  What I'm saying is just find a balance between heart and mind and then there wouldn't be such a need for everything. It would just flow naturally. 

Edited by Robed Mystic

19 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I don't understand why there is any shame, remorse or sense of failing here. Would you like a tour of my house this morning? Seriously, I'll send you one.  😂 I've never been a neat "person", teachers made fun of me for the state of my desk as a kid. I've always prioritized going outside, having fun or creating stuff.  Yesterday I went to my sister in law's house two hours away for a family birthday party and swimming at the lake. The day before I painted the house all day. The day before that I was sick. Today I have to work on my business but I have time to clean things up here and there.

Life happens. Everything gets messy really fast but I LOVE cleaning it up. Sometimes getting momentum going sucks, but once it does I LOVE it. Then it gets messy again. It's like the spring, summer, fall winter cycle. It's not saying anything about you and certainly isn't saying that you're failing about anything. If you want a clean desk, just put on thing it's its place. Allow momentum to build. Allow the good feeling of putting one thing in its place. It says nothing about you where it is. 

18 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I have no idea what happens when I follow my heart. How do you know that you don't like what you are when you do? Is it possible that the thought "I don't like who I am" is just the thing out of place sitting on your metaphorical desk right now? Can you have a conversation with it, "thank you for keeping dirt and germs off my granola bar, which was very tasty, now you are released from your task." What does not liking yourself protect you from? What if it's already done?

I mentioned the bathroom cleaning because when I'm overwhelmed with the house being messy, I'll start in the bathroom which is in my house this tiny little room that's really easy to get clean quite fast. Then I can close the door, and there's just satisfaction, "clean bathroom, yay!" The bathroom is just a starting point, and I can always go back to it again when the house is a chaotic mess again.

Youtube Channel  

19 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

Have you tried following your heart rather than the mind

18 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

That would be “following the mind”. Specifically, believing rationalizations & justifications based on there being a separate self and separate selves. 

The separate self of thoughts is the thought “I’m incapable”.

The thought attachment aspect is like Self believing the thought… “oh, I’m incapable”. 

Still no clean house.

34 minutes ago, Phil said:

What’s overlooked is that cleaning the room is already possible.

If it was possible, it would be clean now, or I would be cleaning right now.

For the house to be clean, thought would have to be aligned with feeling. More simply, I'd want to clean. But I am not wanting to clean and there is no intention to clean today. Therefore it is not possible & will not be happening. I'm open to want to clean though. That would be neat. Like having your favourite hobby to be the thing that's there waiting every day forever basically.

It's day 3 and I'm still here to acknowledge and express though. In case that's still what's supposed to be the way to attract what is wanted. Though it is kind of fascinating actually cause it's really starting to seem like this emperor (acknowledgement and expression of emotions) is having no clothes either. It's like, hey I'm doing exactly that, yet there is not even a whif of what is said it would deliver.

I mean could it be more simple and straight-forward than this thread?