Acknowledgement and expression of emotions doesn't do anything.

You can ask me over and over again what emotion on the scale I am experiencing and I will answer every time exactly what emotion I am experiencing. We can do that for a week or a month straight.

I can express by saying "I am experiencing the emotion [x]".

That will not do anything. Addictions such as nicotine, caffeine or food will not stop. There will not be a rising on the emotional scale. Nothing on the dreamboard will be attracted. The change I want will not happen.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

The emotional scale is quite funny because it seems like Love is on top and you gotta express emotions to get on top only to realize that Unconditional Love IS what is feeling emotion.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Posted (edited)

I'm experimenting with how the dream (Ego/Maya, etc) operates when I'm detached from it.  It's a kind of reverse psychology approach.  Instead of trying to control, I'm doing the opposite and resting in Awareness.  It's a huge experiment.  Like, if I stop fooling with it, maybe it will right itself on its own.  Being seated in Awareness is Love and Bliss.  The body-mind might be like an angry teenager where it has to decide to do it on its own without you telling it to do something or trying to twist its arm to do something.  Again, a very reverse psychology approach.  It's yet to be determined if this is effective.  I'm leery at this point as to how much control over the dream I have.  I'm also leery about the effectiveness of my attempts to control it.  So, maybe letting it be without interference is the right answer in a detached manner, I don't know.  I think it's always good to hold the intention as well, somewhat loosely but consistently.  Anyway, this is my approach right now.  I'm definitely not chasing emotional states.  I think that leads to suffering because you're attaching to pleasure and when things aren't pleasant you double-down into trying to control things.  That leads to Awareness being seated in the body-mind instead of being seated in Itself.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

I'm here to sincerely acknowledge, express and hear insights. And I'm all out of hearing insights.

Come on now, I'm waiting. Let's acknowledge and express and see if it delivers what it's said to deliver.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

12 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Blessed2

Thanks for keeping it simple. 🙂

What about powerlessness?

Yes, I'm experiencing the emotion powerlessness.

32 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Blessed2

What is the topic? 

That's not really acknowledgement nor expression of what's felt.

But I'll answer. I can't make the change I want happen. I can't really even imagine it happening. However much I try, none of the suggested methods or any other methods actually make anything change.

Very simply, what I want isn't coming and I can't make it happen.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

What is the topic / thought, which these emotions are felt in regard to?

I. 😂 Probably.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

@Blessed2

😂

Thought: Unicorn.

Guidance: Powerlessness. Insecurity. 

Maybe. 

But nicotine and caffeine and food and alcohol goes on. No change.

1 minute ago, Phil said:

To compensate for the discordant self referential thoughts. 

Fear? Yes. Grief? Yes. Powerlessness? Yes. Despair? Yes.

Guilt? Yes. Insecurity? Yes. Unworthiness? Yes.

Emotions are acknowledged. Emotions are expressed.

2 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Fear? Yes. Grief? Yes. Powerlessness? Yes. Despair? Yes.

Guilt? Yes. Insecurity? Yes. Unworthiness? Yes.

Emotions are acknowledged. Emotions are expressed.

Real-time clarification as to the separate self of thoughts and reality. ♥️

Jealousy feels significantly better. 

33 minutes ago, Phil said:

image.gif.7a55c050df9f83d657ca903d662e3403.gif

The IS was not on purpose, it autocorrected and went all caps lol

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture