I mean look at it really ..wide your gaze and look around you ..this stuff that you perceive is obviously being experienced by you ..its happening within awareness..within your awareness. 

Close your eyes ..everything disappeared. Open them  again ..they  reapear .etc 

Go to sleep..the  whole universe goes poof and collapse as if it never even existed for at least 8 hours (but from your POV it was a blink of an eye .)

I mean how the hell am I wrong here ?

You guys dream every single night ..you experience a fantastic array of various colorful dreams similar if not identical to the waking state ...yet once you wake up everything in the dream is revealed to be a creation of your own mind/awareness/subconscious mind etc or however the fuck you wanna think about it .

"My awareness"? 

Nah bro.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Posted (edited)

You're getting at the key question in spirituality which is what is the mine and what is not mine.  And then what is the nature of that which is mine and what is the nature of that which is not mine.

Secondly I would say it's odd that no one knows a definitive answer to these questions, or do you/they?  How do we know for sure?

One of the reasons I like Advaita Vedanta is because it tackles these questions in a very provocative way that I've never seen done before; namely, any attributes applied to the Self are false because the Self has no attributes.  Attributes are anything that one can put a name to, i.e., the body is an attribute.  Anything that is attributed to the Self is an attribute.  So that weeds out more than most people would like.  E.g., the Self doesn't attach to anything including happiness, knowledge, action, what has been attained, what has yet to be attained.  And the Self is formless too, you can figure that one out.  The Self is beyond thought.  Other attributes are like pleasure and pain.  

This one is going to scare a lot of you on here -- the Self is beyond feeling.  The Self is not a feeler because feeling is an attribute.  It puts the Self in a subject-object relation with feeling.  

That's why these crocodile images are so powerful: (when I saw these images, I was like these are deep -- the Self is beyond ego and can't be hurt)

Egos make sure they win, there's just different games they do this in (different games they play in). Egos are crocodiles for sure. Crocodiles are egos.

main-qimg-daaf24ada4e35e1e01cf620b0ea07e

varuna-god-of-the-oceans-indian-school.j

Varuna.jpg

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

30 minutes ago, Phil said:

It was the arrogance and underlying inferiority, insecurity & fear that was hard to pull off. 

Even more so, the trauma. Which no one took part in at no point in time.

33 minutes ago, Phil said:

Idk how you do it. 

Infinite creativity. Improv.

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Secondly I would say it's odd that no one knows a definitive answer to these questions, or do you/they?  How do we know for sure?

What about OP? There is your definitive answer. 

What exists right here right now by whoever it is that is conscious in this world right this very moment is all that exists. 

Its self evident. 

The objective external world that science talks about is quite literally impossible if they knew what they are studying which is their own awareness instead of an objective world. 

Edited by Someone here

17 hours ago, Someone here said:

I mean look at it really ..wide your gaze and look around you ..this stuff that you perceive is obviously being experienced by you ..its happening within awareness..within your awareness. 

Close your eyes ..everything disappeared. Open them  again ..they  reapear .etc 

Go to sleep..the  whole universe goes poof and collapse as if it never even existed for at least 8 hours (but from your POV it was a blink of an eye .)

I mean how the hell am I wrong here ?

You guys dream every single night ..you experience a fantastic array of various colorful dreams similar if not identical to the waking state ...yet once you wake up everything in the dream is revealed to be a creation of your own mind/awareness/subconscious mind etc or however the fuck you wanna think about it .

19 minutes ago, Someone here said:

@Phil Any guidance please? 

Critique of the post wise, it’s solipsistic, conjecture, revolves around the separate self of thoughts & what it knows / knowing. Self Inquiry isn’t about being ‘the learner’ or ‘achiever’ or ‘knower’ etc, Self Inquiry is what is the feeling of being me.  

Advice wise, immediately discontinue usage of spiritual content of the teacher-student, higher lower subject-object, obtaining, becoming enlightened, levels, “I have what you need”, etc framings so you, awareness, are no longer undermining / obscuring yourself with beliefs. If it resonates, and or if it is convoluted yet suspected that it never resonated in the first place. 

Adopt the practice & employ the methods. 

Begin to rely on the inner, real, not of this world guidance in terms of aligning thought with feeling. What can’t be outsourced or delegated, can’t be outsourced or delegated. What is is, what is. No more denial. In that manor, stop pretending to the contrary & enjoy what naturally unfolds in your life as it were. The contrary is continuing on with what ‘isn’t working’, isn’t it so? 5 years  you said, yeah?

Notice momentum, appreciate momentum, change the orientation.