1 hour ago, limitless lucidity said:

Isn't the THE TEN OX-HERDING STAGES OF ZEN based on a separate self? 

The Belief that there is a one who goes through stages is an illusion

It's a slippery slope for sure. There are some egomaniacs out there who obsess over stages and identify with being the highest stage of whatever consciousness or ox model. 

BUT, in my experience, there are definitely "stages" on this path for sure. While it's easy to make the conclusion of oh well there's no separate self so there's no one to go through stages of awakening/realization. This conclusion is purely conceptual. For example, has it REALLY been seen that there is no self? Or are we using the "there's no separate self" line to bypass doing the work? 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Orb said:

It's a slippery slope for sure. There are some egomaniacs out there who obsess over stages and identify with being the highest stage of whatever consciousness or ox model. 

BUT, in my experience, there are definitely "stages" on this path for sure. While it's easy to make the conclusion of oh well there's no separate self so there's no one to go through stages of awakening/realization. This conclusion is purely conceptual. For example, has it REALLY been seen that there is no self? Or are we using the "there's no separate self" line to bypass doing the work? 

I agree with you.  I look at it like there are different places for integration on the path.  It's not a linear thing although over time progress accrues if one keeps at it. 

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Work??

LMAO

Yes....work. 

I've experienced what you're experiencing before, there was a time when the word "work" made me feel uncomfortable on the path. It can be very offputting to hear of that on the path at some point.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

@limitless lucidity if it makes you feel better....the work is effortless once you do it. 

7 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I agree with you.  I look at it like there are different places for integration on the path.  It's not a linear thing although over time progress accrues if one keeps at it.

Strangely enough ime it's perfectly linear for me at least. It's strangely accurate lol. Like a wink from myself. 

2 hours ago, limitless lucidity said:

Faulty analogy Fallacy 

Anecdotal Fallacy

Spiritually bypassing fallacy

Harry Potter could go on for a spiritual path and progress along the steps of zen or spiral dynamics. Voldemort could stay where Voldemort is and keep the insane egocentric violent mindset.

But the truth keeps on being the truth. Both are but characters and thus equally unreal.

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Orb said:

LMAO nice way to suppress your ignorance is everyone on this forum like that? 

The level of ignorance is insane. don't worry " I've experienced what you're experiencing before there was a time when my ignorance made me feel like I didn't know wtf I was talking about "It just takes "work" not to be ignorant.

I want to make a note for future posts, those people don't comment on any of my posts or mention me: Orb, ConsciousDreamer666, and Joseph Maynor.

Thanks.

Edited by limitless lucidity

24 minutes ago, limitless lucidity said:

The level of ignorance is insane. don't worry " I've experienced what you're experiencing before there was a time when my ignorance made me feel like I didn't know wtf I was talking about "It just takes "work" not to be ignorant.

I want to make a note for future posts, those people don't comment on any of my posts or mention me: Orb, ConsciousDreamer666, and Joseph Maynor.

Thanks.

Sorry brotha...you gotta put in the work. 🤷🏽‍♂️

1 hour ago, Orb said:

That "spiritual bypassing" is the way.

The ego is the assumption that truth would be too good to be true:

12 minutes ago, Orb said:

Sorry brotha...you gotta put in the work.

Why "sorry"? What are you apologizing for?

I am the playful and ever-present Source, joyfully embracing every thought and emotion as part of my perfect, unfolding co-creative dream.

8 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

That "spiritual bypassing" is the way.

The ego is the assumption that truth would be too good to be true:

It is not the way. It's not enough to understand the idea that the separate self is an illusion. There's deeper equnimity and emotional work to be done. 

From a certain lens this can seem off-putting or like a form of "this isn't enough, I gotta do more work to be happy", if this is what you think I'm saying it is not at all the case.

25 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Why "sorry"? What are you apologizing for?

I used sorry kinda like "I hate to break it to you". 

11 hours ago, limitless lucidity said:

Isn't the THE TEN OX-HERDING STAGES OF ZEN based on a separate self? 

The Belief that there is a one who goes through stages is an illusion

Exactly!

Thanks.

The illusion of ignorance. 

Posted (edited)

Wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and many enter through it. But small is the gate and narrow the way that leads to life, and only a few find it.

23 minutes ago, Orb said:

"I hate to break it to you". 

So you can sense it's bad news too?

Why would anyone hate or apologize for offering good news?

Edited by Blessed2

5 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

So you can sense it's bad news too?

Why would anyone hate or apologize for offering good news?

I'm being cheeky, it's great news, although for the ego....