When you miss a step, walking down a stairway

Posted (edited)
14 hours ago, Phil said:

The interesting thing about noticing projection is there realization there isn’t someone projected on (or targeted), nor is there even one which knows isn’t. 

Absolutely, there isn't. Relatively, very much so.

14 hours ago, Phil said:

It’s very if interested, but it’s more about noticing deflection & projection, which naturally reveals the self of thoughts. 

Oh it is noticed. And it seems to be relevant. Authentic. True. 

I am the Light, yes, and there is a ton of shit on my plate, simultaneously.

The last thing an awakened being would do, in my opinion, is pretend to be all enlightened and blissed out, whilst being caught in fire.

I... sometimes like to call out those who do that. It makes me feel good. Or less shit, perhaps.

14 hours ago, Phil said:

If we were standing together and this head said to you ‘this body is in the past’, it might strike you as odd. If this head said to you, ‘ I know this body is in the past!’, it might surpass odd and begin to be funny. Funny as in silly, because it’d be really obvious that the body the head is referring to is present and isn’t separate, and the past is just a thought believed. The more you said ‘but the body is right here!’, and the more I said ‘no, the body is in a past’, the funnier it would seem to you, right?

I hear you, and it's funny, but I'm not sure if I see how it's related to what I'm curious about...

When you walk down a stairway, lost in thought or not, there is some kind of certainty to it. You do not question your next step. You do not think about how to place your foot. You're just doing it. 

Until you miss that step... Some might even call it a 'mini heart - attack'. Cessation, perhaps. 

All the control that it seemed like you had is gone in a blink of an eye. You slip into the land of uncertainty. It's groundless. Nothing to hold onto.

It is a feeling, an experience.... yet it is also somehow the complete absence of those. 

It seems like a moment of non - existence, except that it's not, really. It's home.

I recall turning into 'dust particles' whilst peaking on a pretty big dose of psychedelics. I also recall liquid and crystalline 'states' - if you will. Those were not feelings, only. There's something really fascinating and mind - blowing going on there, and I don't know what the heck it is😄

Edited by ivankiss

35 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Absolutely, there isn't. Relatively, very much so.

If “relatively there is” is true, then obviously “absolutely there isn’t” is not true.

What’s being said but apparently rejected is absolutely there isn’t, and ‘relatively there is’, is a belief. A personal story as it were, on behalf of a fictitious knower (which knows there is a duality of absolute & relative). Or, an understander, who understands there is duality. 

Oh it is noticed. And it seems to be relevant. Authentic. True. 

I am the Light, yes, and there is a ton of shit on my plate, simultaneously.

The last thing an awakened being would do, in my opinion, is pretend to be all enlightened and blissed out, whilst being caught in fire.

I... sometimes like to call out those who do that. It makes me feel good. Or less shit, perhaps.

Light is nondual.

There aren’t awakened beings. Being is nondual. 

That there is an other pretending, being called out, is a personal belief. 

I hear you, and it's funny, but I'm not sure if I see how it's related to what I'm curious about...

The head is analogous to thoughts and the body is analogous to feeling. Asking what this feeling / experience of a past is / was, is the belief feeling could be in a past. 

When you walk down a stairway, lost in thought or not, there is some kind of certainty to it. You do not question your next step. You do not think about how to place your foot. You're just doing it. 

The doer is a belief as well. Not wrong, bad, etc, but misidentification. 

Until you miss that step... Some might even call it a 'mini hear - attack'. Cessation, perhaps. 

Cessation is of all these beliefs. 

Which again, are not the slightest bad, wrong, etc, as that would just be more beliefs / judgements based on the separate self / duality. 

All the control that it seemed like you had is gone in a blink of an eye. You slip into the land of uncertainty. It's groundless. Nothing to hold onto.

Also a personal story based on misidentification. 

It is a feeling, an experience.... yet it is also somehow the complete absence of those. 

It seems like a moment of non - existence, except that it's not, really. It's home.

I recall turning into 'dust particles' whilst peaking on a pretty big dose of psychedelics. I also recall liquid and crystalline 'states' - if you will. Those were not feelings, only. There's something really fascinating and mind - blowing going on there, and I don't know what the heck it is😄

But it seems there is someone who knows there is an it and it is something. 

YouTube  Website  Sessions

22 minutes ago, Phil said:

If “relatively there is” is true, then obviously “absolutely there isn’t” is not true.

To see two and claim that there is only one is falsehood. 

26 minutes ago, Phil said:

Light is nondual.

There aren’t awakened beings. Being is nondual. 

That there is an other pretending, being called out, is a personal belief. 

Oneness is not sameness.

Language or words are just that. Never Truth. 'There are no awakened beings' is no more or less true than saying that an awakened being zen slapped the hell out of a pretentious wannabe spiritual clown.

Both are thoughts. Both can be seen as true or false.

35 minutes ago, Phil said:

The head is analogous to thoughts and the body is analogous to feeling. Asking what this feeling / experience of a past is / was, is the belief feeling could be in a past. 

Gotcha. Thanks.

36 minutes ago, Phil said:

The doer is a belief as well. Not wrong, bad, etc, but misidentification. 

Cessation is of all these beliefs. 

Which again, are not the slightest bad, wrong, etc, as that would just be more beliefs / judgements based on the separate self / duality. 

Where the hell are all these beliefs anyways?

I've never seen one.

All there ever is in 'direct experience' is thought, feeling and these 5 senses. 

Could it be that no one actually believes nothing, and it's all just happening exactly as it should, and there's nothing anyone can do about it? 

This doubt, this questioning turned inwardly, is what's preventing me to simply be and let all be, exactly as it is.

43 minutes ago, Phil said:

Also a personal story based on misidentification. 

There is no story if there is no identity.

'Someone else having a personal story based on misidentification' included.

45 minutes ago, Phil said:

But it seems there is someone who knows there is an it and it is something. 

Again, cannot shake the notion that we're just attacking language here, putting 'the right spiritual words' into each - others mouths.

Would there be more love and light if all I's, me's, mine's, you's, etc. were eliminated from vocabulary? No. Just less words.

1 hour ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Is Being conscious?

Being & consciousness are synonymous. 

1 hour ago, ivankiss said:

To see two and claim that there is only one is falsehood. 

Two’s a thought, not perception.

Oneness is not sameness.

If there is something which isn’t the same, there’s two. The second thing is that which isn’t the same. 

Oneness is sameness, as there isn’t “this other thing” which isn’t the same. 

Oneness is a claim of what is. 

Nonduality, or not two, is not a claim of what is. 

Like how the dispelling of a belief, such as “Oneness”, isn’t a replacing of the belief with another belief. 

Language or words are just that. Never Truth.

Words would be “the second thing”… which is not Truth. Not two would include  - not words. So the truth, without the belief / contingency of an absolute & a relative, oneness, etc, is there aren’t - words. 

'There are no awakened beings' is no more or less true than saying that an awakened being zen slapped the hell out of a pretentious wannabe spiritual clown.

Both are thoughts. Both can be seen as true or false.

For “there are awakened beings” to be true, there would have to be… awakened beings… and a knower that knowers there are… awakened beings. As there aren’t awakened beings, per ‘your own’ (so to speak) direct experience, reveals that there actually aren’t… awakened beings. 

Gotcha. Thanks.

Where the hell are all these beliefs anyways?

Beliefs, like oneness, an absolute & a relative, awakened beings, a knower… aren’t somewhere. THIS is somewhere. The somewhere beliefs would be, would be a belief about beliefs. 

I've never seen one.

The a priori presumption is someone is seeing. 

All there ever is in 'direct experience' is thought, feeling and these 5 senses. 

If feeling is in / of direct experience, experienced, what then is feeling… the allegedly experiential, feeling? 

What / who knows, feeling is experienced? What / who knows about, feeling?

Prior analogy wise, this is like the head making the claim that there is a body, for the body.

Could it be that no one actually believes nothing, and it's all just happening exactly as it should, and there's nothing anyone can do about it? 

Nothing which could be believed or not done is an object of thought. A conceptualization of nothing.

THIS is nothing. Not a thing. As in there are not two seen or in/of perception. 

This doubt, this questioning turned inwardly, is what's preventing me to simply be and let all be, exactly as it is.

The self for which there is assertion is a thought / also an object of thought, objectification… not a self. 

There is no story if there is no identity.

Identity is a (thought) story. 

THIS is without identity.

As there are not two, no awakened being’s, no absolute & relative, etc, there isn’t one to derive from the other - identity.

What / who would, could derive that there is, identity?

And… how? 

'Someone else having a personal story based on misidentification' included.

Again, cannot shake the notion that we're just attacking language here, putting 'the right spiritual words' into each - others mouths.

Would there be more love and light if all I's, me's, mine's, you's, etc. were eliminated from vocabulary? No. Just less words.

As was said, self-realization is paradoxically perhaps, at least initially, seemingly… if interested. 

‘’Someone else having a personal story based on misidentification’ isn’t what was said in the first place and is subtly different than - ‘These are all thoughts, personal experiences, belongs the self, fantasies. Nothing to do with path.’ 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Two’s a thought, not perception.

It was meant more figuratively than literally. 

'I see the light in you that I am' doesn't necessarily mean there are light beams shooting from your eyes and that's what I'm seeing.

Same goes for 'you see two but want to sell me a story of there being only one'. 

It's a lie trying to tell a truth. And it makes me fucking furious. Rightfully so.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

If there is something which isn’t the same, there’s two. The second thing is that which isn’t the same. 

Oneness is sameness, as there isn’t “this other thing” which isn’t the same. 

Joy and pain might be two ends of the same spectrum, so to speak, but they are nowhere nearly the same. I guess the character is to blame, again.

Yes it is all being. And it can take on all kinds of qualities.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Oneness is a claim of what is. 

Nonduality, or not two, is not a claim of what is. 

Like how the dispelling of a belief, such as “Oneness”, isn’t a replacing of the belief with another belief. 

Words would be “the second thing”… which is not Truth. Not two would include  - not words. So the truth, without the belief / contingency of an absolute & a relative, oneness, etc, is there aren’t - words. 

For “there are awakened beings” to be true, there would have to be… awakened beings… and a knower that knowers there are… awakened beings. As there aren’t awakened beings, per ‘your own’ (so to speak) direct experience, reveals that there actually aren’t… awakened beings. 

Something that does not exist cannot be negated. 

Like saying 'there is no such thing as nothing'.  

Very wtf 😅 

If taken all the way... to speak at all is to lie. To think at all is to lie. To perceive, as well. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Beliefs, like oneness, an absolute & a relative, awakened beings, a knower… aren’t somewhere. THIS is somewhere. The somewhere beliefs would be, would be a belief about beliefs. 

If this is all there is, and there is nothing going on 'behind the scenes'... that there are beliefs is just a thought.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

The a priori presumption is someone is seeing. 

Figure of speech, again.

No beliefs to be found in any way, shape or form, 'in direct experience'. 

1 hour ago, Phil said:

If feeling is in / of direct experience, experienced, what then is feeling… the allegedly experiential, feeling? 

What / who knows, feeling is experienced? What / who knows about, feeling?

Prior analogy wise, this is like the head making the claim that there is a body, for the body.

Nothing which could be believed or not done is an object of thought. A conceptualization of nothing.

THIS is nothing. Not a thing. As in there are not two seen or in/of perception. 

The self for which there is assertion is a thought / also an object of thought, objectification… not a self. 

Feeling is simply felt. It does not have to be about anything or anyone, but it is often easier to cope if there is a story attached to it. An explanation. 

To place labels such as 'anger, fear, sadness, joy, etc' onto feeling, is already the beginning of a story. 

Only in thought can one conclude that there is or isn't a thinker, a knower, a perciever.

'In nothing', in 'pure beingness', it is impossible to conclude anything at all. There is being only.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Identity is a (thought) story. 

THIS is without identity.

As there are not two, no awakened being’s, no absolute & relative, etc, there isn’t one to derive from the other - identity.

What / who would, could derive that there is, identity?

And… how? 

There is no identity and no two if there is no thought. A thought arises... and there you go. Duality. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

As was said, self-realization is paradoxically perhaps, at least initially, seemingly… if interested. 

'Interested' would be an understatement 😄

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Someone else having a personal story based on misidentification’ isn’t what was said in the first place and is subtly different than - ‘These are all thoughts, personal experiences, belongs the self, fantasies. Nothing to do with path.’ 

Again, words might sound right, but they are not grounded in truth.

Simply put, dude's bullshitting.

'I am fucking fed up with all these spiritual dumbfucks parroting shit they heard from deluded gurus, trying to make themselves seem all love n light' = being real

'I love you brother, it's all one, there is no separation, you are God' = being full of shit

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

'I see the light in you that I am' doesn't necessarily mean there are light beams shooting from your eyes and that's what I'm seeing.

Same goes for 'you see two but want to sell me a story of there being only one'. 

It's a lie trying to tell a truth. And it makes me fucking furious. Rightfully so.

Joy and pain might be two ends of the same spectrum, so to speak, but they are nowhere nearly the same. I guess the character is to blame, again.

Something that does not exist cannot be negated. 

Like saying 'there is no such thing as nothing'.  

Very wtf 😅 

If taken all the way... to speak at all is to lie. To think at all is to lie. To perceive, as well. 

If this is all there is, and there is nothing going on 'behind the scenes'... that there are beliefs is just a thought.

Figure of speech, again.

No beliefs to be found in any way, shape or form, 'in direct experience'. 

Feeling is simply felt. It does not have to be about anything or anyone, but it is often easier to cope if there is a story attached to it. An explanation. 

To place labels such as 'anger, fear, sadness, joy, etc' onto feeling, is already the beginning of a story. 

Only in thought can one conclude that there is or isn't a thinker, a knower, a perciever.

'In nothing', in 'pure beingness', it is impossible to conclude anything at all. There is being only.

There is no identity and no two if there is no thought. A thought arises... and there you go. Duality. 

'Interested' would be an understatement 😄

'I am fucking fed up with all these spiritual dumbfucks parroting shit they heard from deluded gurus, trying to make themselves seem all love n light' = being real

'I love you brother, it's all one, there is no separation, you are God' = being full of shit

These are all thoughts, including my sentences. Lol. All is a game just a fucking game. Lol

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

I don't know about you all, but I've been walking around with thoughts such as 'there is no self, no other', etc. stuck on loop in my mind... and it's some of the worst times I've ever had. 

Glad I survived that madness. Someone else might have not.

3 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

I don't know about you all, but I've been walking around with thoughts such as 'there is no self, no other', etc. stuck on loop in my mind... and it's some of the worst times I've ever had. 

All is just a game brother. You are already what you are, you will realize sooner or later. No worries. You have a great soul. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

13 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Are you at a place now where you pretty much think all the lingo is nonsense?  

💬 🗯️🤍

32 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

No it & me, no fury. 👓 

34 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

34 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

The “character” to blame is the separate self of thought. (The good news is) blame’s an emotion, guidance for the very thoughts, and there is no charactor / no one to blame.  (No it & me, no blamer / blamed). 🤍

41 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

‘Feeling is felt’ implies, by someone. A feeler maybe. 

Emotions aren’t labels or things, emotions are felt. Sadness is a concept, how the concepts feels is an emotion. 

The Truth isn’t a conclusion (one comes to). 

Thinker, knower and perceiver are thoughts. 

The absence of these thoughts is not a conclusion. 

Conclusion is a thought. 

A belief is not neccesarily replaced by another belief. 

45 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Nonduality (again if interested) simply ‘states’ not two. Nonduality & duality would be two. 

46 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Is the light of a flashlight not grounded in… light?

48 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

OP seemed clear. Beliefs triggered, sep self defended, insults, accusations ensued, etc, but clear nonetheless. 

Introspection is revealing of Truth. 

Maybe articulate beyond ‘full of shit’ inspectively. Consider commenting on the comments / what’s said, rather than about the person as it were. 

24 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Here's a cool story for ya:

A man walks around thinking there is no identity, no life or death, and ends up falling of a cliff. The end.

The ego, separate self of thoughts, the thinker… is primarily hindsight thoughts of claiming on behalf of a self. Thoughts appear presently, and a thought appears in hindsight about there not being thoughts appearing, but rather about a finite self thinking. What is, is already the case. 

19 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

More beliefs isn’t suggested. It’s a “twisting” of what’s being said. Also, very funny. 

58 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Are you at a place now where you pretty much think all the lingo is nonsense?  

It could be said that I am trying to peel off any remaining layers of the spiritual ego in me, and that comes with kinda being allergic to spiritual clowns parroting nonsense. 

57 minutes ago, Phil said:

The Truth isn’t a conclusion 

Yet look with what certainty conclusions about selves, no selves, others, no others etc. are being thrown around. 

Why not say 'hey, relax, breathe'...? Why not say 'hey, go listen to some good music instead, or watch a good movie, or go for a walk'...? 

A simple 'just try to get a bit out of your head' can be far more effective.

Why it has to be: 'you're lost in misidentification, there is no one here, there is no this no that'...?

Something tells me it's because there's no food for spiritual egos there, that's why.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

A belief is not neccesarily replaced by another belief. 

Which is a trap all of us fall into, at one point or another.

Bunch of spiritual clowns believing they're God, omnipotent, untouchable, unfuckable.

And another bunch believing there's nothing, no one, no other, nowhere.

None of them actually breathing consciously now. Sound asleep.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

More beliefs isn’t suggested. It’s a “twisting” of what’s being said. 

It is unavoidable.

A 'newbie' comes across this info, these ideas... they will turn them into belief.

They will believe they're God.

They will believe there is no self, no other.

They will believe it's all Love.

And that's not what being (conscious) is.

Nowhere nearly.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Also, very funny. 

I don't exactly remember how this story goes, but it's fucking hilarious! One of the best I ever heard... now more relevant then ever, it seems.

A disciple and an enlightened master are driving in a car. The disciple is behind the wheel. Something unexpected happens, maybe someone cuts them off nasty, or something along those lines. The enlightened master reaches over, hunks a few times and yells out the window. The disciple is dumbfounded. He cannot believe what he just witnessed. 'Aren't we supposed to not judge, show patience and acceptance to others...?' And the master says:

'This is what you do when someone is driving like a dick.'

3 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Yet look with what certainty conclusions about selves, no selves, others, no others etc. are being thrown around. 

Why not say 'hey, relax, breathe'...? Why not say 'hey, go listen to some good music instead, or watch a good movie, or go for a walk'...? 

A simple 'just try to get a bit out of your head' can be far more effective.

Why it has to be: 'you're lost in misidentification, there is no one here, there is no this no that'...?

Something tells me it's because there's no food for spiritual egos there, that's why.

It’s the same as saying look with what certainty conclusions about unicorns, no unicorns, other unicorns, no other unicorns are being thrown around. Check direct experience amply, there aren’t really unicorns already. This isn’t a conclusion a unicorn comes to. 

4 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Which is a trap all of us fall into, at one point or another.

Bunch of spiritual clowns believing they're God, omnipotent, untouchable, unfuckable.

And another bunch believing there's nothing, no one, no other, nowhere.

None of them actually breathing consciously now. Sound asleep.

It is unavoidable.

A 'newbie' comes across this info, these ideas... they will turn them into belief.

They will believe they're God.

They will believe there is no self, no other.

They will believe it's all Love.

And that's not what being (conscious) is.

Nowhere nearly.

That someone else is, could or will be believing is a belief directly experienced.

Posted (edited)
13 hours ago, ivankiss said:

A disciple and an enlightened master are driving in a car. The disciple is behind the wheel. Something unexpected happens, maybe someone cuts them off nasty, or something along those lines. The enlightened master reaches over, hunks a few times and yells out the window. The disciple is dumbfounded. He cannot believe what he just witnessed. 'Aren't we supposed to not judge, show patience and acceptance to others...?' And the master says:

'This is what you do when someone is driving like a dick.'

I like how Advaita Vedanta points out that the Self doesn't control anything in Maya including ego.  That spiritually enlightened master is resting in the Self but what He is Witnessing is what's going on in the movie so to speak.  People err when they think that somehow when You become enlightened, that You can control the ego or any sense object and become a certain kind of way.  That is not what is said in Advaita Vedanta.  What the enlightened master could have said is I'm not in this car.   The Self is not a doer, not attached to action, not a results seeker, and not anything that can be perceived with the senses, and not the senses themselves either.  The Self is not a knower either, this is where people also fall into a trap.  One cool thing to say is the Self is Eternal Dharma.  So knowledge is of the mind, which is false and unreal.  But Eternal Dharma, which is the only Knowledge, just is the Self which is You and detached nondual Witness consciousness.  So yeah, there's no you, but there is a YOU.  And that You is basically Immortal, Omniscient, Omnipresent, and True.  Maya is like a massive mirage that is false, illusory, basically a form of Samsara or suffering without spiritual enlightenment.  Advaita Vedanta is kinda like Buddhism with a place for God, although I don't like using the word God.  The Self goes all the way back to the Upanishads and is the term used by Shankara and Maharshi too.  I was applying this yesterday when I responded to @Phil's restaurant hypothetical by saying "I don't walk into restaurants".  But then again the Self is not a speaker.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

14 hours ago, ivankiss said:

is normal, you can not think this through or you go crazy

@Phil from where did you get the insight that there is no separate selves or no separation at all?  Did you experience it first hand in maybe a psychedelic trip or deep meditation or is it just hearsay from nonduality books and spiritual teachers who are the trend now Ib the west teaching Yoga and Meditation and nonduality?  Basically watering down eastern philosophy for western audiences?