When you miss a step, walking down a stairway

Posted (edited)

Know the feel, right?

Happened to me just moments ago, while drifting away and into sleep. A sudden interruption. So unmistakably familiar. It almost feels like... home. Strangely so.

It triggered a memory of falling into that pool before. Except that it wasn't brief. It lasted for what it seemed like an eternity. Infinite regression comes to mind.

Absolutely fascinating. So subtle. So captivating.

Edited by ivankiss

Kensho? The glimpse? Seeing the Ox?

Hell yeah

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

13 hours ago, ivankiss said:

Know the feel, right?

Happened to me just moments ago, while drifting away and into sleep. A sudden interruption. So unmistakably familiar. It almost feels like... home. Strangely so.

It triggered a memory of falling into that pool before. Except that it wasn't brief. It lasted for what it seemed like an eternity. Infinite regression comes to mind.

Absolutely fascinating. So subtle. So captivating.

These are all thoughts, personal experiences, belongs the self, fantasies. Nothing to do with path. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

3 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

Cool. I find you quite annoying and I do not value your opinion at all. That's love too 😘

Be in Love! Being annoyed comes from suffering. 

@James123 Speaking of truth does not mean you're being truthful. That realization is yet do dawn, I see.

If you were to say to me 'all is one', I'd say you're full of shit, again. Why? Because you do not stand in that Truth, right now. It's obvious. You just like to make yourself look like you do. 

Quite lame. And a bit sad.

4 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@James123 Speaking of truth does not mean you're being truthful. That realization is yet do dawn, I see.

If you were to say to me 'all is one', I'd say you're full of shit, again. Why? Because you do not stand in that Truth, right now. It's obvious. You just like to make yourself look like you do. 

Quite lame. And a bit sad.

İ am in love, i love you.

9 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

What?! 😁 Dude's clearly BSing, someone has to let him know 😅

Cool. İt really helped me a lot brother. Thank you!!!! Does anyone in the so called body???

@ivankiss

‘You're full of shit and you know it. I find you quite annoying and I do not value your opinion at all. That's love too. Speaking of truth does not mean you're being truthful. That realization is yet do dawn, I see. If you were to say to me 'all is one', I'd say you're full of shit, again. Why? Because you do not stand in that Truth, right now. It's obvious. You just like to make yourself look like you do. Quite lame. And a bit sad.’

Deflection & projection is like a habit with a loop aspect. The ‘loop’ can be broken by saying nothing / sitting with it, and also self-recognition as it pertains to self-referential thoughts. What’s revealed is the illusion of the you referred to (8 times). That ‘you’ is actually yourself, consciousness, awareness, aware of thoughts, perception & sensation. 

It’s just a less or non conceptual, manipulative, deceptive, deflective, projective, justifying & rationalizing environment is all. Can be a zen slap initially, triggering a doubling down of sorts. The reality of the ‘situation’ is we are more than in the same boat. 

@Phil I know when I'm projecting and judging the crap out of someone, no worries 😁 Perhaps there is a definition that says it's beneficial, to me and the one being targeted.

But I hear you. Silence could have been a better choice.

But back to the topic... can you share some thoughts about this particular phenomenon that I mentioned? Why is it so damn cool and why does it feel like Home/truth?

Also reminded me of crystalline experiences from back in the day lol.  Jumping into a pool of freezing water...

9 minutes ago, ivankiss said:

@Phil I know when I'm projecting and judging the crap out of someone, no worries 😁 Perhaps there is a definition that says it's beneficial, to me and the one being targeted.

But back to the topic... can you share some thoughts about this particular phenomenon that I mentioned? Why is it so damn cool and why does it feel like Home/truth?

Also reminded me of crystalline experiences from back in the day lol.  Jumping into a pool of freezing water...

You saw the Ox. That's what happened. Now grab your rope and tie it up. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

28 minutes ago, Orb said:

You saw the Ox. That's what happened. Now grab your rope and tie it up. 

I hear you, and you're right, but that does not satisfy my hunger 😄 I'd like to get more specific/technical about it.

Like... I also know crystalline consciousness is God... but that's all. I have no clue what the heck it actually is, how it comes to be, why does it occur, etc. It's a giant mystery, to me. But one of the coolest things I can think of. And scariest lol.

@ivankiss i hear you, words will never satisfy your hunger "tying up the ox" means continued practice, meditation daily or any practice that involves Feeling over thinking, self observation, etc.

Also, what's crystalline consciousness?  

22 minutes ago, Orb said:

i hear you, words will never satisfy your hunger "tying up the ox" means continued practice, meditation daily or any practice that involves Feeling over thinking, self observation, etc.

You speak the true - true. Thanks!

23 minutes ago, Orb said:

Also, what's crystalline consciousness?  

Exactly! 😅

16 hours ago, ivankiss said:

The interesting thing about noticing projection is the realization there isn’t someone projected on (or targeted), nor is there even one which knows isn’t. 

It’s very if interested, but it’s more about noticing deflection & projection, which naturally reveals the self of thoughts. 

If we were standing together and this head said to you ‘this body is in the past’, it might strike you as odd. If this head said to you, ‘ I know this body is in the past!’, it might surpass odd and begin to be funny. Funny as in silly, because it’d be really obvious that the body the head is referring to is present and isn’t separate, and the past is just a thought believed. The more you said ‘but the body is right here!’, and the more I said ‘no, the body is in a past’, the funnier it would seem to you, right?