After Awakening can we ever go back to living the matrix lifestyle?

Posted (edited)

Serious question because I don’t think we can. It’s never going to be the same.

As the wise sage said : No one can survive their own awakening. In other words: No one in their right mind would want this. 

And yet it can be both uphoric and terrifying at the same time.

The old wise saying: Before and After enlightenment ..chop wood and carry water doesn’t seem to apply to me anyway… life is attachment and suffering no matter what you do.

For example: If attachment is suffering then are we to stop wanting children, we cannot say we are not attached to them. Also, having children, isn’t that just inviting more suffering into the world? 

Is there any escape from attachment and suffering?  I don’t think there is, to be honest.

Edited by Jane

6 hours ago, Jane said:

Serious question because I don’t think we can. It’s never going to be the same.

As the wise sage said : No one can survive their own awakening. In other words: No one in their right mind would want this. 

And yet it can be both uphoric and terrifying at the same time.

The old wise saying: Before and After enlightenment ..chop wood and carry water doesn’t seem to apply to me anyway… life is attachment and suffering no matter what you do.

For example: If attachment is suffering then are we to stop wanting children, we cannot say we are not attached to them. Also, having children, isn’t that just inviting more suffering into the world? 

Is there any escape from attachment and suffering?  I don’t think there is, to be honest.

Life is not attachment and suffering actually, Life is infinite potentiality arising/passing and neither at the same time, and this is Unconditional Love.

Although when the resistance falls away, suddenly this scary chaotic confusing "matrix" begins to quiet down, and things are simpler. 

There's real consequences to things, that's for sure, there's no escape from your obligations or mistakes/consequences for them. There's a lot of wisdom in accepting this without trying to bypass our way out of life's challenges. 

Truly nobody would want this, I agree, because this will not give you what you want.

The language may sound negative but the actuality is quite beautiful and close and intimate. 

Sounds pretty scary right ego? Not getting what you want, having to accept that THIS moment is all you could ever want already here now. 

Then strangely enough, things simplify, life's circumstances begin to become favorable sometimes. 

Sometimes there's blessings and they are enjoyed, and sometimes things come out of no where and we respond to the consequences. 

Like my cars axle needing to be replaced which will cost about 1000 bucks lol. 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Attatchment for a child is suffering, such as worrying constantly about it. The attatchment is only to discordant thoughts, never to people, objects or circumstances. Love feels like love. There is no continuum of time, there's no condition that can be imposed on the unconditional.  

Youtube Channel  

Posted (edited)

Yes.  But not entirely.  You can't lose the attainment you already have.  This is when it starts getting really interesting and it confuses people who are younger on the path or who only want to teach one stage of the path.  So I would say yes and no.  But my spirituality accounts for reintegration of the human for example, but it's a "Marriage between the human and the Divine".  It's not a schmooshing together of the Divine and the human like I see people try to do; rather it's a letting both be themselves and be in a sustainable relation.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍

Well, you're right, nothing is ever the same. You can't enter the same river twice. 

The last ox herding picture is Return to the Marketplace. 

I decline the rat race but I understand other people's suffering who are in it. If I'm in a DMV type situation, I just try not to take it all too seriously. 

“If trees could scream, would we be so cavalier about cutting them down? We might, if they screamed all the time, for no good reason.” ― The Buddha