Is projection a 'psychological need'?

Posted (edited)

I recently met with a psychologist and she mentioned that social connections such as friendships etc. are actually a psychological need for humans. A need like food and shelter.

Which sort of makes sense. I guess this is a consensus between scientists.

I wouldn't be surprised if there was a scientific study which states that percieved loneliness shortens life span significantly.

Yet "other person" is never actually directly experienced, just like "me" isn't.

"Other person" or "people" is projection, yes?

So this begs the question: is projection a psychological need?

When the thought that I am a separate individual self is believed, is projection actually necessary to as a coping mechanism?

When there is the belief that guilt is real, does projection of guilt actually become sort of necessary?

So rather than trying to make projection stop, it would be better to use the projection and turn around to it's source. To cut the head off the snake, rather than the tail.

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

Then it begs the question- is Separatedness a psychological need? 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

The study of isn’t quite the same as the direct experience of. The study of is the direct experience of the study.

(Psychology is “the scientific study of the human mind and its functions, especially those affecting behavior in a given context.”)

There’s an apparent experience of the study of, yet ‘the human mind’ has never (and will never) actually be experienced. 

The lens-sphere is not a “human mind”. Human mind, as well as God’s Mind, are interpretations, thoughts, which appear in, of & as, the lens-sphere. 

Consider the concept ‘social anxiety’. If pessimism, boredom & contentment are acknowledged, felt… is there still (any experience of) “social anxiety”?

Can what is only available ‘inside’ (alignment) be attained or obtained ‘outside’ (so to speak). 

Is it a preference being denied?

Yes it is.

It isn't necessary, but it just happens lol. 

Also, social bonds feel good because of a chemical called oxytocin that's released. Oxytocin is known to reduce stress and improve mood. Don't ask me why it's designed like this I didn't make the universe. I'm just the messenger 🤷🏽‍♂️

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

“You called em crazy - God I hate the way I called em crazy too. You’re so convincing - how do you lie without flinching!?”

OR

“I am just a worthless lyer. I am just an imbicile. I will only complicate you, trust in me and fall as well. I will find a center in you. I will chew it up and leave. I will work to elevate you; just enough to bring you down.”

Tool

Expression is a drawing upon the source. Emptying is filling up. 

Two cents… keeping going. Empty the barrels, and move out, and live alone. 

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Phil said:

Expression is a drawing upon the source. Emptying is filling up. 

Two cents… keeping going. Empty the barrels, and move out, and live alone. 

If there is only one thought at a time, how come expressing only once, seeing a therapist only once, writing one post in an expression journal isn't enough?

How come writing "I am experiencing the emotion anger" actually doesn't do anything, empty anything, actually give any sense of relief?

Isn't it so that what you resist, persists? If I try to express to empty and feel better, what happens is that the expression and journaling itself becomes resistance. It becomes a discordant spiral where I write the same things over and over, I try to find the right words to write, I try to succeed and experience the feeling of release.

It's like trying to cry by forcing it. Doesn't work. What happens is not crying and release, but the knot just tightens more and more. The expression just doesn't work, it becomes part of the spiral. Sometimes the pressure just becomes so intense that it seems like there is nothing to release it, except physically harming myself by hitting myself in the head or face, hitting or kicking a wall to feel something.

But them even hitting my own face or hitting a wall also becomes a part of the spiral. Same though loop. Whatever way you try to release it, only tightens it. Cause you're trying, and trying is like a curve ball that makes everything worse.

This thought loop / spiral is one of the worst things I know. It has made me do such stupid things. It's also scary because when it takes hold, there just isn't a way out. It just seems like a total brick wall you just can't get through or under or over and the pressure just builds like an exponential curve. 

How come that nothing ever actually works? Like for example, a good car you can pretty much trust. You put the keys into the keyhole, twist, and it turns on (except maybe if you have an italian or french car). But when it comes to emotions, well-being, happiness, success, making life work, it's not like that.

Edited by Blessed2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blessed2 said:

How come writing "I am experiencing the emotion anger" actually doesn't do anything, empty anything, actually give any sense of relief?

Just wanted to add on this: "I am experiencing the emotion anger" on its own isn't gonna resolve anything, BUT it is a crucial step to acknowledging emotion felt. 

When we experience emotions commonly believed to be unpleasant, we tend to get into all kinds of discordant narratives that don't help at all. 

So, allowing a thought to arise saying " i am experiencing the emotion anger" is super helpful because it allows you to see through any false narratives and go straight to the root, which is just and I want to emphasize JUST....an emotion. 

In order to Feel emotion in the midst of a thought storm, we must first acknowledge (conceptually) that it's just an emotion felt, and not because you're a loser, stupid, etc. (Unhelpful narratives)

Edited by Orb

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

Posted (edited)
40 minutes ago, Orb said:

So, allowing a thought to arise saying " i am experiencing the emotion anger" is super helpful because it allows you to see through any false narratives and go straight to the root, which is just and I want to emphasize JUST....an emotion. 

In order to Feel emotion in the midst of a thought storm, we must first acknowledge (conceptually) that it's just an emotion felt, and not because you're a loser, stupid, etc. (Unhelpful narratives)

"Acknowledgement of emotions" or "feeling fully" honestly sounds to me like just nonsense.

Ya'll are presenting it as some kind of choice, doing, activity.

"We must first..." etc.

Who acknowledges? Who feels fully?

How is this not just a hamster wheel?

If you'd say "walk to the fridge, open it and take out a sandwich", I could just walk to the fridge, open it and take out a sandwich. That is actual, direct suggestion or advice.

"Feel fully" or "acknowledge emotions" is not. That doesn't actually say anything.

How is it possible to not feel fully? Am I somehow already not feeling? Is there degrees to feeling feeling?

And how is it possible to not acknowledge emotions?

What is the problem here? If there really is a suggestion or advice similar to "walk to the fridge, open the door and take a sandwich out", how come I am having trouble with that?

If I'm not seeing the fridge, point me exactly where the fridge is. If I'm trying to open the door or twisting the handle the wrong way, then show me what way to push. If I don't see the sandwich, then point it to me. That's actual advice. That's functional. That gives me the sandwich.

If the advice or suggestions shared here would be functional, wouldn't literally every single person already have the sandwich?

It's just suspicious that there is ALWAYS a "but". Something you have to do. Something you may fail to do.

"You can be, do, or have whatever you want. BUuUUUT...."

It's the same thing with almost every self-help book, ever. There's AAAAALLLLWAAAYYYSSS something between you and the sandwhich. There's always something you're doing wrong. It's always your fault.

It's just suspicious. As if it's a machine that's meant to never really work.

Edited by Blessed2

@Blessed2 of course it's nonsense 😂. I was actually thinking that as i was typing my previous message. The thing is language can never give you the real thing, it can only point. 

There's no one to feel an emotion, there's only an emotion arising, letting go of resistance to the emotion (by no longer averting into thought narratives) is another way of saying "feeling the emotion". 

Of course then the mind can say aha but there's no one to let go! And so on....

For those who have ears let them hear 👂

Find the resonating message inside these posts, drop the reverse-lawyer 😂. He's not trying to keep you out of jail, he's trying to keep in you in bandage. 

Posted (edited)

This is just spiritual "just be a man"-ism.

"Feeling is being suppressed"

"Prefrence is being denied"

"Emotions are not being acknowledged"

Why?

"Just wake up every morning at 5AM, take a cold shower, go to the gym, never eat any unhealthy food, never watch TV, never give up to temptation, never let fear limit you, just don't be weak" blah blah.

The problem isn't that I'm not doing those things. The problem is that I can't do those things. If I could, I would have been doing it for ten years.

It's the same with acknowledging emotions.

How is emotions not acknowledged at first and then is?

You're just telling me to go fight a bunch of supercriminals, without defining or offering or pointing to Chemical X.

https://youtu.be/QcWQuJBX-qY?feature=shared

And there cannot be any confusion about Chemical X. You add it to the mixture and that's it. There isn't a "BUuuUuuT". There isn't a "you're not acknowledging emotions". Those are the supercriminals.

Edited by Blessed2