2 hours ago, James123 said:

That's it.  Because we are an illusion in the first place.

Yes, every one who speaks of nonduality is wrong. Including what I'm saying now. 

52 minutes ago, ThePoint said:

Who gives a shit though?

😂😂

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

Realize you're the mirror not what's reflected in the mirror.  Then let the reflection in the mirror be without thinking it hurts the mirror.  You don't need to react to what's in the mirror if you realize you're the mirror itself.  Let talk happen, just realize it's not the Self.  The Self doesn't need to kill talk to be the Self.

4 hours ago, James123 said:

That's it.  Because we are an illusion in the first place.

Yes, because anything said is basically just sound heard as words.

Quite remarkable really, this illusion. 

Sound, where is that?  🤔

29 minutes ago, Jane said:

Yes, because anything said is basically just sound heard as words.

Quite remarkable really, this illusion. 

Sound, where is that?  🤔

It is unbelievable. What is a word or sound?

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

16 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

"You" can write and still realize that's not the Self.  This is an issue of identifying with the ego vs. identifying with the Self.  You're mixing these.

Anything we say is an illusion. What you or I write don't matter. Same s..t different color.

43 minutes ago, James123 said:

Anything we say is an illusion. What you or I write don't matter. Same s..t different color.

What you and I are is the Self (assuming you're like Me).  This has to catch for advaita vedanta to work.  Atman is Brahman.  Maya doesn't exist, but it's not harmful to the Self.  How could it be?  How could what appears in the mirror threaten the mirror itself?  Getting this I think is useful.  It has to be "realized".   It's not an intellectual grasping.  You know what I'm talking about.  You don't have to sweat what's happening in the mirror, because if you are, you're identifying on some level with ego.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

9 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

What you and I are is the Self (assuming you're like Me).  This has to catch for advaita vedanta to work.  Atman is Brahman.  Maya doesn't exist, but it's not harmful to the Self.  How could it be?  How could what appears in the mirror threaten the mirror itself?  Getting this I think is useful.  It has to be "realized".   It's not an intellectual grasping.  You know what I'm talking about.  You don't have to sweat what's happening in the mirror, because if you are, you're identifying on some level with ego.

Even if one is identify itself with ego, what will be change? What is the difference between enlightenment and average human?