I was thinking about what constitutes really great sex, and what might stand in the way of it?

Some thoughts that comes to mind:

Openness. Being receptive and open to whatever happens.

Feeling the body completely.

Patience and presence. For me i've always been thinking a lot about wanting the girl to orgasm. Thinking that might actually be counterproductive. I imagine what you send out just by enjoying the sex yourself is way more attractive than thinking of any goal like that.

Something that could stand in the way is being self-conscious about your own body. Sometimes i've had thought if i was manly enough, big enough, especially with taller girls, and those thoughts always respond in feeling insecurity. 

How do you emotionally connect with someone? I guess thats where the best sex come from. Or the sex i am talking about 🙂 

Edited by WhiteOwl

For me it's the emotional connection. Looking into his eyes and feeling his soul and spirit. And then sex is just another opportunity to bond with him. Sex makes the bonding process fuller and deeper.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

12 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

And how does one go about building that.

Sounds right otherwise:)

I think having a high degree of respect for your partner really counts in to how you're going to relate to them in an intimate setting. When your partner respects you on a deeper level, they would want to feel your emotion, your vibe and energy in the bed and try to align to it. It needs building up intimacy and it's a slow process. It cannot be sped up. Not to focus too much on the pleasure component, although they say sex is about pleasure, to consciously choose to not make it about it. The mindset at the beginning of sex matters. It should be about bonding and connection, about love and affection. One thing I truly enjoyed in a sexual conversation was a feeling of safety (because I never tried real sex,  I had my virginity vow). So when my ex partner told me that he would want to dig nails in my skin, I said a firm no and he said okay and respected my choice. It takes little things like that to show to your partner that you care about their needs whether it's safety or any desire they have. Careful not to shame someone's desires. It's the little things that count, not elaborate sex toys or huge romantic candles. When your partner feels they are being heard and understood, that's the best kind of sex and the best bonding time. Hope you got the overall gist. 

Edited by Reena

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.