On 4/12/2024 at 12:32 AM, WhiteOwl said:

What is the point of science when its all energy and there is no-duality?

Energy is a thought itself. There is no such thing as energy, non duality or science. That's what non duality is. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

On 4/13/2024 at 1:20 PM, Rose said:

How do you find meaning if it’s all just thoughts? What is the purpose of this experience for all of us?

A brain cancer patient identity wise as a separate self is just the thought.

(Not “it’s all” just thoughts.) 

There just isn’t anything or anyone separate of this experience. 

So there is no one which could know a purpose of this experience. 

For that which is being this experience, the purpose is of course being this expereince. 

Self-inherent. So simple & obvious it could seem profound. 

It’s like, what’s the point of lucid dreaming? 

The experience / dream. 

Simple, obvious, self-inherent no?

As you’re already dreaming, creating, what you want’s unfolding… meaning & purpose would be cumbersome & inhibiting, no?

Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Phil said:

There just isn’t anything or anyone separate of this experience. 

So there is no one which could know a purpose of this experience. 

What would you say to someone who study the brain to help brain-cancer patients. How is any of this "helpful" in that regard?

"There is no brain, there are no cells, there is nobody who can know the purpose of this experience".. Would probably make me extremely unpopular to be around and have people leave if i shared that perspective.

I would like to be able to talk about these matters as a "helpful" thing (just words, trying to communicate, don't nitpick everything here), but i would really struggle to make sense of it.

That there are no people makes sense, but i want to uplift "people" not put them down as this is what it seems like.

Do you see what i mean?

Edited by WhiteOwl

Posted (edited)
33 minutes ago, Phil said:

As you’re already dreaming, creating, what you want’s unfolding… meaning & purpose would be cumbersome & inhibiting, no?

So they are creating the experience of helping a cancer patient so to speak. Takes some of the "doing good" away from it though. Sounds like all doctors are just doing something completely meaningless just for their own sake

And then again, there are no doctors or patients. But this just seems not like something i would want to go into with "anyone"

Edited by WhiteOwl

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

What would you say to someone who study the brain to help brain-cancer patients. How is any of this "helpful" in that regard?

"There is no brain, there are no cells, there is nobody who can know the purpose of this experience".. Would probably make me extremely unpopular to be around and have people leave if i shared that perspective.

I would like to be able to talk about these matters as a "helpful" thing (just words, trying to communicate, don't nitpick everything here), but i would really struggle to make sense of it.

That there are no people makes sense, but i want to uplift "people" not put them down as this is what it seems like.

Do you see what i mean?

Why not just talk about how great helping cancer patients is?

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

So they are creating the experience of helping a cancer patient so to speak. Takes some of the "doing good" away from it though. Sounds like all doctors are just doing something completely meaningless just for their own sake

And then again, there are no doctors or patients. But this just seems not like something i would want to go into with "anyone"

Obviously lol. 

7 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

this just seems not like something i would want to go into with "anyone"

Definitely no need to worry about that happening. 

Thoughts appear as the lens-sphere…

… about the world-sphere.

Just like thoughts appear at the movies…

… about the movie.

Is there an entity or entities in the movie?

Obviously not, right?

That would be thought attachment, belief, delusion, an illusion of ignorance. 

No one ever walked out of a movie theater freaking out about what happened to the entity or entities in the movie, yes? 😂 

Is it really so weird that no one in the movie is pointing out there is no one in the movie? 🤷‍♂️ 

Why would it be weird, given there is no one in the movie!?

Is there science in a movie!?

Obviously not, right?

So why would it be the least bit weird or odd at all, for no one in a movie to point out there is not actually science in a movie!? 😂 

Is that which isn’t a movie demolishing anything at all in a movie?! 🤷‍♂️ 😂 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Phil said:

So why would it be the least bit weird or odd at all, for no one in a movie to point out there is not actually science in a movie!? 😂 

Makes sense, but.. This sounds like i can just swap channels and watch a new movie whenever i like. Lets say i kill someone and go to prison (In the movie). I don't want to watch a movie of a guy in a cell for a lifetime duration. You telling me i can just play another movie then?

In the same way, this movie is playing. If i piss people off, it might have consequences, and yes nobody is ultimately hurt because there is noone. But there is still only this thing to care about. 1 movie not a whole catalouge to swap between

Edited by WhiteOwl