I'd like to hear your thoughts / any advice

Blessed2

@Blessed2 I watched the trailer, but didn’t watch the movie. 

Perhaps my comment is irrelevant, but I remember watching Eckhart Tolle’s video where he was asked what does the universe want to experience/kinda of why are we here question…

And he said it’s two things - being and doing. Perhaps some people can just be content with just the being, others may need to be doing. I think it’s a balance between the two. 

4 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

How can you find meaning in life like that?

Maybe you can't. 

Well who else is going to clean the toilets? Perhaps he is happy he is doing the job that nobody else wants to do - he takes one for the team and sees himself as a hero. 

‘Life’ is already meaning, a con-cept; an exception ‘for me’, which is a con. Me-ning vs be-ing. 

Interesting factoids…

The revolution that transformed Brazil into a republic was so uneventful that the few witnesses present didn’t even know it happened and the dethroned Emperor (Pedro II) didn’t even care because he hated being the emperor. 

The Scottish national animal is the unicorn because it was deemed the enemy of the lion, the English national animal. 

Fame is a relatively new concept in human history, and fame as it is today is completely unprecedented, and also probably won't be a thing forever, and we'll probably all be a lot better off when it isn't.  It's basically a collective mental illness.  Warhols prediction about 15 minutes of fame for everyone is basically coming true, and once it does it will make the concept irrelevant.

3 hours ago, Phil said:

The revolution that transformed Brazil into a republic was so uneventful that the few witnesses present didn’t even know it happened and the dethroned Emperor (Pedro II) didn’t even care because he hated being the emperor. 

😂😂 That's so funny.

There must be an effortless way.