Please suggest a video topic

Rose

For some time I wanted to film a video and post it on YouTube.

I really enjoy self development work, and am really terrified of “public speaking” at work.

I think making YouTube videos could help me overcome it as well as help me sort out the information I have in my head.

I have no clue where to start with or what would be a good first video topic. Also I don’t have a good camera, or a microphone or anything like that. I do have a 15 year old Nikon DSLR  camera though.. perhaps I could try using it instead of the iPhone. 

What first topic would you suggest?

If self development work is resonating, let that be the first topic. Drill down into the nuts & bolts of it a bit as well as sharing from experience. Highlight what you love about it and maybe what beliefs it dispelled. How it helped you ‘get out of your own way’. 

Imo the key is just starting. Make a video knowing it’s just a getting started video that you aren’t even going to post or share. Maybe do a few that way. It’ll feel more comfortable, less of a ‘big deal’ etc. 

Another idea is making a video about… making a first video. Points might be any nervousness, concern for what people might think, etc, and how this was addressed by… making a video (expressing) about it. 

Another video idea… public speaking... ‘tricks of the trade’. 

I just use an iphone btw. 

I have an older DSLR and that thing is way more trouble for videos than it's worth. Phones are great. I want a reliable microphone but every one I've tried so far has glitched out and hurt the sound quality more than helped. Maybe someone else has some suggestions for that? 

I'd write down a bunch of ideas as soon as they come to mind without thinking or judging them and then look at your list and see which there's a spark of excitement behind. Once you've selected one give it some time and let it build, let more ideas join the subject and you'll have plenty of great stuff to talk about, and the video will practically make itself. 

Youtube Channel  

On 4/7/2024 at 12:45 PM, Mandy said:

I'd write down a bunch of ideas as soon as they come to mind without thinking or judging them and then look at your list and see which there's a spark of excitement behind. Once you've selected one give it some time and let it build, let more ideas join the subject and you'll have plenty of great stuff to talk about, and the video will practically make itself. 

Thank you, that is a great suggestion, been writing down my ideas so far 🥰

On 4/7/2024 at 11:57 AM, Phil said:

Another video idea… public speaking... ‘tricks of the trade’. 

Haha, this one might need to wait a few years since public speaking gives me a massive panic attack that I can only eliminate using beta blockers… which after years of embarrassing myself at work.. and looking and looking for a solution.. seems to be the only thing that works..