Emotional guidance and OCD

Nadosa

Posted (edited)

Those two weeks have been intense.

I was faced with straight up full blown psychotic people who were basically ready to kill me and I had to lock them and wrestle them down to the ground. 

I've realized that emotions bottled up, mixed doubt, overwhelment and insecurity. I have had no training in how to really professionally handle aggressive patients. 

I have realized, that no matter how you talk, even as a person they once had trusted (for example the doc), they don't really "see" them anymore in acute situations, they look through you and are basically really in need of medication. If they tell you they have a chip implanted in their head, that our necks would get slit, well...what is there left to do?

Otherwise, all other patients are so damn interesting, and kinda playing along in their "movies" and reality and just being accepting, allowing, they kinda trust you more than anyone else. 

I love the team, the atmosphere and being able to help patients in very very dark times. I've been able to collect so many experiences, perspectives, listen to emotions while talking, training eye contact, focusing on listening and really feel what it is that patients NEED, which is oftentimes just an open 👂.

Edited by Nadosa

However tbh, the body shows physical signs when discord is experienced or stress.

For 2-3 weeks now the right eye lid twitches and doesn't really stop anymore. That's basically consequence of rumination and not getting enough sleep. 

Taking time to breathe and taking time to defocus from contextualizing of emotions is so important. Rarely, there are times where I really feel happy and free. Mostly I experience uncertainty, overwhelment and pessimism. It's often experienced as being super kind and gentle to everybody, being the good guy with happy mood. But at home I oftentimes experience the exact opposite.