General all purpose way of beating addiction

I mostly have food related addictions which are pretty strong. What is an general all purpose way of beating addictions.

I tend to eat a lot sometimes.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

General all purpose way of beating addictions?  Stop doing it.  With addictions you don't have to do anything, the key is to be able to stop doing something.   You will have the addiction until you stop, period.  Sometimes if you're lucky you will stop on your own, but this only works sometimes.  Other times you have to bite the bullet and stop usually because you have some form of extrinsic motivation impacting you like some aspect of your health or life is falling apart.  But you don't have to wait for that -- you can just stop right now if you want to.  People don't want to stop, they don't want to take responsibility.  You have to draw a line in the sand and say no more to yourself, which is usually incredibly difficult to do because most people are not high in self-control.  But the answer is remarkably simple: stop doing it.  You don't need to do anything, it's a stop doing.  So addictions are not the hardest problem to solve because you don't actually need to really do anything.  Once I realized this it helped me a lot with understanding addiction and the way out of it.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

I'm losing weight quickly.   I'm vibrating at passion on the emotional guidance scale most days these days.   I am consumed by my projects.  By a larger purpose and calling.   There is an ebb and flow to it.  I don't really "make my way up the emotional guidance scale".  Although I do lay the grid consistently.  My purpose and passion and call from humanity comes and goes.  Non attachment.  

One more thing I'll add is take advantage of all circumstances to beat the addiction.  I have a cold or flu right now and I haven't eaten in 3 days.  This is good because I want to get my diet under control.  I can drink one beer for all day and feel satisfied.  So I'm getting the beer drinking under control too.  I'm wiping out the addictions.  The key is when I get well I can't go back to what I was doing before.

Edited by Joseph Maynor