Hesitation, Procrastination, “Stuckness”, Inactivity & The Power of Meditation

Phil

4 hours ago, noomii said:

That is useful advice for any thought appearing.

What bothers me most are all the thoughts about time and that there is a time limit.
I think I don't have time for noticing emotions & thoughts to allow an "answer" to unfold and to go slow/not force things when I don't know what to do, when I'm expected to be productive.

I could be mindful of all of these thoughts one by one or to meditate more. But then there's a thought saying "That is too much, it is too much effort, it doesn't feel good".

It seems like I can push myself too hard and that I should be gentle, but I also remember you saying something about that it's not possible to push yourself too hard?

I guess it doesn't matter what I do because there's no right or wrong. But I believe there is and I'm trying to avoid mistakes.

Noticing self referential thoughts isn’t about right & wrong, or good & bad. It’s only about how thoughts feel. 

Question the thoughts, and consider… often there is a belief that a thought doesn’t resonate (‘feel good’) since it’s true. 

I suggest it’s because the thought(s) isn’t true. 

If willing to consider that, propose the opposite thought (for each, any or all of the thoughts shared above), and feel how the opposite thought feels, as far as if it resonates and or feels more freeing & empowering. 

As always, happy to help. 

It might be clarifying to question if there is a thinker, as in ‘I think…’, and, ‘I think I…’ or if there is an experience of thoughts. 

Thoughts like effort might be skewed in terms of interpretation in this way. As in, being mindful might be the default, yet only presently, which is perfectly ample, as a past or future aren’t actually experienced. 

It might also be clarifying & relieving to question the expectations and shoulds. 

Who is expecting / whose expectations are these? 

Who is saying ‘you should’ this or that?

Maybe this is a mental weight, without any actual validity…?

Yes… it’s no possible to push yourself, because that would require two of you. One to push the other. Likewise, be gentle if it resonates, and if it resonates, be gentle because it resonates. Not because you should be. 

Also feel ‘avoiding mistakes’, which is focus on unwanted… vs how focus on the opposite feels. 

And question if right, wrong, shoulds and mistakes are opinions, or if you or perhaps someone else actually experiences right, wrong, shoulds and mistakes as other-than, thoughts. It might resonate to consider that even if everyone in the world thinks a certain way, identifies as a thinker, believes thoughts about right & wrong, shoulds, expectations, mistakes, etc - that doesn’t in any way equate to that you have to. 

On 1/18/2024 at 8:32 PM, Phil said:

Noticing self referential thoughts isn’t about right & wrong, or good & bad. It’s only about how thoughts feel. 

Question the thoughts, and consider… often there is a belief that a thought doesn’t resonate (‘feel good’) since it’s true. 

I suggest it’s because the thought(s) isn’t true. 

If willing to consider that, propose the opposite thought (for each, any or all of the thoughts shared above), and feel how the opposite thought feels, as far as if it resonates and or feels more freeing & empowering. 

As always, happy to help. 

It might be clarifying to question if there is a thinker, as in ‘I think…’, and, ‘I think I…’ or if there is an experience of thoughts. 

Thoughts like effort might be skewed in terms of interpretation in this way. As in, being mindful might be the default, yet only presently, which is perfectly ample, as a past or future aren’t actually experienced. 

It might also be clarifying & relieving to question the expectations and shoulds. 

Who is expecting / whose expectations are these? 

Who is saying ‘you should’ this or that?

Maybe this is a mental weight, without any actual validity…?

Yes… it’s no possible to push yourself, because that would require two of you. One to push the other. Likewise, be gentle if it resonates, and if it resonates, be gentle because it resonates. Not because you should be. 

Also feel ‘avoiding mistakes’, which is focus on unwanted… vs how focus on the opposite feels. 

And question if right, wrong, shoulds and mistakes are opinions, or if you or perhaps someone else actually experiences right, wrong, shoulds and mistakes as other-than, thoughts. It might resonate to consider that even if everyone in the world thinks a certain way, identifies as a thinker, believes thoughts about right & wrong, shoulds, expectations, mistakes, etc - that doesn’t in any way equate to that you have to. 

Thank you. 🙂

I noticed when sharing the previous messages with you I wasn't very clear with what I was asking for. I apologize if I was unclear in some way. I already have the guidence within.

Still feeling doubt, but I'm allowing it and I'm focused on aligning myself before taking action.