There is nothing wrong with your desires

Just felt like sharing this...

I noticed that I had been holding some judgements about my desires... And that the judgement has been projected so that it seems like it's coming from someone else.

Judgements like

- This desire is nor spiritual enough, it's dirty or egoic.

- This desire is embarassing.

And one of the biggest one...

- This desire is just an attempt to get happiness from outside experience or object and therefore it is un-spiritual, ignorant, stupid, inauthentic or false.

These kind of judgements had been projected as if coming from others, mainly gurus, or even god. As if gurus and god gave one bit of a shit about it. As if they were judging and assuming these things about my desires. That's just an assumption, from my part.

My desires are valid. This thought feels good. The thought they are not valid, feels off.

Unconditionality.

You know it by how it feels.

There must be an effortless way.

14 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

- This desire is just an attempt to get happiness from outside experience or object and therefore it is un-spiritual, ignorant, stupid, inauthentic or false.

The emotional guidance in regard to this assumption / judgement is very interesting.

There's something 'hidden beneath' that assumption. Not sure what, but it might be the pre-assumption that ego-self is real. That there is some kind of reality to any of this stuff. But the emotional guidance is SHOUTING.

As if the desire was real, and the object of the desire is real. Might be that.

Edited by Blessed2

On 12/25/2023 at 7:00 PM, Blessed2 said:

This honestly seems like aversion from feeling. What a curveball. Sooo interesting.

YES, I DO WANT TO WIN THE LOTTERY.

20231227_042743.thumb.gif.8a3b29618263739d9921a8d405ee7160.gif

I just pulled a card from a deck and it's an ACIM quote. It says: "There is a place in you where nothing is impossible. There is a place in you where the strenght of God abides."

A place in me where nothing is impossible. Hmm.

What comes to mind is how ACIM emphasizes over and over that my will is God's will and vice versa... That God's will is happiness for me.

This belief / assumption seems to convey that my will is separate from God's will.

It's profoundly discordant... An image where I have desires... And a separate god has thoughts or judgements about my desires, and his own desires 'for' me.

What is not discordant... How Phil once said, that Source is my number one fan.

I tend to think in terms of yes and no instead of yes [exclusive or] no.  It's not desires are good [exclusive or] desires are bad.  It's desires are good and desires are bad.  It's nuanced.  It's sometimes, not a bright-line permanent static declaration.  Sometimes desires are good.  Sometimes desires are bad.  This isn't some kind of a flaw or fence-leaning, this is a more nuanced, paradoxical, way of thinking instead of that linear black-and-white exclusive either-or.  Sometimes the black and white mentality works and sometimes it doesn't, so the nuanced, paradoxical mentality isn't always the best too.  It just depends.  Wisdom doesn't need to think everything through in advance.  These thoughts and judgments we make take a second seat to higher processes occurring in wisdom.  You can't take wisdom off the hook or bypass it using the mind in every instance.  Judgment is much more complex than a lot of people realize.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

Just felt like sharing this...

I noticed that I had been holding some judgements about my desires... And that the judgement has been projected so that it seems like it's coming from someone else.

Judgements like

- This desire is nor spiritual enough, it's dirty or egoic.

- This desire is embarassing.

And one of the biggest one...

These kind of judgements had been projected as if coming from others, mainly gurus, or even god. As if gurus and god gave one bit of a shit about it. As if they were judging and assuming these things about my desires. That's just an assumption, from my part.

My desires are valid. This thought feels good. The thought they are not valid, feels off.

Unconditionality.

You know it by how it feels.

that's probably guilt because that's how parents or society programmed us.

sometimes I feel the same too, you feel like you don't deserve success abundance and label it egoic 

for coding & software engineering services message me on discord

1 hour ago, Omar Osama said:

that's probably guilt because that's how parents or society programmed us.

sometimes I feel the same too, you feel like you don't deserve success abundance and label it egoic 

👍 Yup.

I'd go even further and say that we actually already had that "programming" before we *came here", and projected an outside source of that programming, such as parents and society.