Resistance Coming up with Christian Stuff

Orb

I live in a culture steeped in Christianity. 

It isn't problematic for the most part. But sometimes my mom shows me videos on youtube of revivals and people preaching and I get triggered for some reason. 

Like she showed me a video of this evangelical healing people in NYC and there was resistance in my body while watching it. 

Am I in need of deliverance?

Why is there is resistance feeling when I hear sermons/revivals/preaching stuff?

♾️

19 minutes ago, Mandy said:

What's the beauty of contrast? 

Do you want to like it?

Good question. Contrast shows preferences and allows for more of what's wanted. 

I want to be able to see those videos with my mom without that reaction of being triggered.

♾️

@Orb

Relax, feel and allow the guidance while thinking this through.

If ‘you lose connection’ such as ‘getting sucked into thoughts’ or ‘overwhelmed by emotion’… just pause, breathe a little more deeply & slowly. Relax. Be where you are. When ready, ‘connect’ again. Feel, welcome & allow the guidance. 

If you’re inclined to, ask more questions about this based on whatever arises. The questions will likely be felt as more triggering, but clouds will be dispelled and clarity unfettered, which is liberating, enlightening and insightful. 

Evangelical healing is fraud. Yes or no, and why or why not?

Reiki, specifically ‘long distance’ Reiki is fraud. Yes or no, and why or why not?

That psychedelics are ‘healers’ or have ‘healing powers’  or ‘properties’ is fraudulent. Yes or no, and why or why not?

Coping mechanisms like seeking peak states or experiences, objectifying and or suppressive substances are aversion. Yes or no, and why or why not?

One living with one’s parent(s) carries an objective implication. Yes or no, and why or why not?

Therapy isn’t powerful and spiritual. Yes or no, and why or why not?

More is accomplished when one is more productive by working more quickly even if at the expense of ‘disconnection’ with feeling. Yes or no, and why or why not. 

@Phil did you want me to answer all those questions listed? 

A thought that comes up is my mom trying to indoctrinate my kids since she's very persistent. 

Another one is feeling like I'm trapped in this culture since my current job and other business connections are related to the church. There's a concern with being found out.

Another one is that during those videos there's a thought arising about what if I'm defending something still.

♾️

I've been thinking of re-joining the church lately, cause it could bd fun to be a part of some charity work. But what's been holding me back is this thought that I don't share the same beliefs, that I wouldn't really be welcomed because I see it so differently. Like I know I won't be buying into the Christian beliefs, ever. Would it be okay for me to still be a part of the community?

But something feels discordant. So I get what you mean.

It might be that I'm actually the one "preaching". Maybe I'm the dogmatic one. Which is why it seems like I'm not compatible.

Maybe my house of cards (beliefs and assumptions) is just so futile.

It feels pretty good to just be honest in that I'm obviously holding beliefs and I'm obviously looking to preach and for others to listen to me.

There must be an effortless way.

As a kid I hated country music but it was inescapable. I hated the people who listened to it. I hated the culture of it. I constantly complained but it was everywhere, because we only have a couple good clear stations. In highschool I ended up on the bus that served the entire area for an hour in the morning and sometimes an hour and half in the afternoon, so over 2 hours total daily. All that the driver who was such a sweet and simple guy, and had so few teeth left in his mouth, ever played was country music. It was total immersion and it drove me nuts. I used to bring a CD player but it ate threw batteries and I'd end up without it a lot. By the end of my junior year, I started to like a few of the older country songs, and then more and then it didn't bother me anymore. I would even chose to listen to a country radio station sometimes. Right after this happened I had the idea that I could have my mom ask the principal of the school the next town over if I could ride their bus, they said yes, and I cut my bus ride down to 35 minutes each way, and that bus played the one pop/rock station. 

It wasn't about the music it was about identification and stubbornness. 

Youtube Channel  

14 hours ago, Orb said:

I live in a culture steeped in Christianity. 

It isn't problematic for the most part. But sometimes my mom shows me videos on youtube of revivals and people preaching and I get triggered for some reason. 

Like she showed me a video of this evangelical healing people in NYC and there was resistance in my body while watching it. 

Am I in need of deliverance?

Why is there is resistance feeling when I hear sermons/revivals/preaching stuff?

Genetic instincts resist social intellectual power of suggesting nobody is what their ancestral position is adapting in space now unless there has been a history of bad things happen to those not complying to people pretending life isn't self evident by facts created speculating what else makes evolving happen beyond reproductions reproducing their next generation limited to adapting in the moment here.

@Phil Oh man im learning so much from the lens and world spheres lol. Just feeling into the magic of it. 

The Lens feels like bliss and openness especially when it's appearing as aligned thoughts. The aligned thoughts reflect the clarity of the lens. In other words, it's all in the beliefs. 

The world sphere shows "me" that letting go / guidance is all there is and also it's infinite intelligence. Like so intelligent I don't have to think about it. 

I notice a rewiring. like the lens and world are seen to be two appearances operating differently but they are harmonizing.

Edited by Orb

♾️

@Mandy

10 hours ago, Mandy said:

As a kid I hated country music but it was inescapable. I hated the people who listened to it. I hated the culture of it. I constantly complained but it was everywhere, because we only have a couple good clear stations. In highschool I ended up on the bus that served the entire area for an hour in the morning and sometimes an hour and half in the afternoon, so over 2 hours total daily. All that the driver who was such a sweet and simple guy, and had so few teeth left in his mouth, ever played was country music. It was total immersion and it drove me nuts. I used to bring a CD player but it ate threw batteries and I'd end up without it a lot. By the end of my junior year, I started to like a few of the older country songs, and then more and then it didn't bother me anymore. I would even chose to listen to a country radio station sometimes. Right after this happened I had the idea that I could have my mom ask the principal of the school the next town over if I could ride their bus, they said yes, and I cut my bus ride down to 35 minutes each way, and that bus played the one pop/rock station. 

This is really good! Remaining in cooperation with it and just enjoying the hell out of it and what's wanted will appear more. 

Time does fly when you're having fun 🙂

♾️

13 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

I've been thinking of re-joining the church lately, cause it could bd fun to be a part of some charity work. But what's been holding me back is this thought that I don't share the same beliefs, that I wouldn't really be welcomed because I see it so differently. Like I know I won't be buying into the Christian beliefs, ever. Would it be okay for me to still be a part of the community?

But something feels discordant. So I get what you mean.

It might be that I'm actually the one "preaching". Maybe I'm the dogmatic one. Which is why it seems like I'm not compatible.

Maybe my house of cards (beliefs and assumptions) is just so futile.

It feels pretty good to just be honest in that I'm obviously holding beliefs and I'm obviously looking to preach and for others to listen to me.

YES DUDE. This resonated well. It's all in the beliefs!

♾️

My mom shared stuff again but this time allowed the lens to be unfettered. Triggeredness came up. 

Then this aligned thought came up: you're doing great, don't worry about sensation, it is already working perfectly. 

And stuff settled down!!!!!

It all makes sense. Aligned thoughts allow the lens to remain unfettered. 

♾️

18 hours ago, Orb said:

My mom shared stuff again but this time allowed the lens to be unfettered. Triggeredness came up. 

Then this aligned thought came up: you're doing great, don't worry about sensation, it is already working perfectly. 

And stuff settled down!!!!!

It all makes sense. Aligned thoughts allow the lens to remain unfettered. 

And what is that of significance of living life,what you get with clear lens?

On 11/30/2023 at 4:33 AM, Mandy said:

As a kid I hated country music but it was inescapable. 

Lol.  It took me a long time to appreciate Country & Western.  Definitely my late 30's when I saw it performed live in a good setting.

Edited by Joseph Maynor