Memory problems

Kevin

So I’ve been experiencing memory problems. It has become much more difficult to remember things in the past. Especially the further back I go. At first I was worried. but then I noticed that I had a hard time remembering a traumatic 5meodmt trip and although I could recall the trip if I sat down and thought about it, the painful feelings surrounding the memory were gone.

Also this memory thing becomes even more obvious when I microdose mushrooms.

Originally I was making this thread to see if this is normal along the path. I was thinking that if your own life story becomes less important then it might be harder to remember.

But halfway through writing this post I suddenly got paranoid that somehow I have early onset dementia. My dad has dementia and suddenly I noticed similarities between my dads dementia and my own memory problems.

I looked into it and dementia is very unlikely in someone my age but it is possible now I’m freaking out about that a little bit.

I'm a little worried because I have a hard time holding tasks in mind. Lately I’ll go into another room to grab something but then I forget what I’m grabbing. Or my stepmom bought a new car so the last four times I’ve gone over to my dads place when I walk through the garage I think “oh I should ask them about the new car.” All four times I forget the new car as soon as I walk into the door. And then when I walk past it on the way out I remember. I’m gonna see a dr about it but I’m hoping I’m being paranoid.

for those of you who have woken up so to speak. Does your memory become worse?

There's no dementia. Don't be paranoid 

I have memory issues. It's called STRESS. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

@Kevin

I would go to the doctors like you said, but more for a physical and not because I think you are experiencing dementia or that there is anything physically concerning going on. Memory loss is a phase 2 withdrawal symptom.

Don’t buy into the temptation to hang out with anyone who uses, and if you experience ideation call a hotline immediately. Also know that while the symptoms are difficult & challenging, it will indeed pass. Definitely don’t use again. Not relapsing is paramount as there is high risk for overdosing in phase 3. A rehabilitation center would be most ideal. 

Phase 1: Crash. 

Most users experience a crash within a few hours to a few days after they stop using crack. Symptoms in this stage include increased appetite, exhaustion, irritability, need for sleep, and restlessness.

Phase 2: Withdrawal. 

After this period has subsided, you may enter the second phase of withdrawal, which can last up to 10 weeks.3 During this stage, you may experience crack cocaine withdrawal effects such as increased cravings, irritability, sleepiness, and problems with concentration.

Phase 3: Extinction. 

The third phase of the crack cocaine withdrawal timeline is known as “extinction.” Former users may experience intermittent cravings that are largely dependent on social situations and triggers, such as people with whom you previously used or being in environments where crack cocaine is available.

Other Potential Symptoms:

Cardiovascular problems. 

You may experience chest pain, elevated blood pressure, or an increased heart rate.

Pulmonary disorders. 

You may experience difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, or coughing up blood for up to 48 hours after your last use (especially common when cocaine is used in freebase form, such as crack).

Neurological problems.

Many users experience headaches during the withdrawal phase. Some may even suffer from seizures.

Cravings and overdose. 

Cravings can lead to overdose, especially if you relapse after a period of abstinence.

Depression. 

You may experience an inability to feel pleasure during withdrawal. You may also have a risk of developing clinical depression, which is characterized by symptoms such as a loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed, angry outbursts, feeling frequently sad or tearful, sleep and appetite problems, difficulty with memory, problems with thinking, and a lack of energy. 

Suicide. 

Feelings of depression can become so intense that some people experience suicidal ideation, meaning they have thoughts about harming themselves. In some cases, people may take action on those thoughts.

https://withdrawal.net/cocaine/crack-symptoms-effects-stages/

Anticipate  experiencing doubt, disappointment and overwhelment so you minimize ‘spiraling’, or ‘blowing it up life size’ / ‘bigger picture’. 

Stay present, ground in breathing and feeling sensation. This is a time to recover and rest as much as possible. I would utilize distractions to pass the time, like lighthearted movies, comedies, etc. This is not a time to make decisions, think, solve or figure anything out. Much love brother, you will be fine. Take better care of your body that you ever have before. Self-love for the win. 

Hand it all over to Source. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/just-let-source-take-out-the-garbage

This will do wonders for the body, mind, outlook and mood. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/the-loophole-shake

Paranoia is really about feeling. When emotions (guidance) gets ‘louder’, the mind believes the discord is being caused by someone or something else. Don’t feed into that narrative as this is not the case. Be as willing and open minded as possible in considering that what you are feeling, so to speak, is what you are thinking. more so, that there is no ‘separate self’ at fault, or doing anything (wrong). There is an experience of thoughts, emotions and sensation. Feel into the openness and spaciousness. 

If & when it gets tough, think and or say, ‘there will be light at the end of this tunnel’, and feel deeply into how much that resonates. 

39 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Kevin

I would go to the doctors like you said, but more for a physical and not because I think you are experiencing dementia or that there is anything physically concerning going on. Memory loss is a phase 2 withdrawal symptom.

Don’t buy into the temptation to hang out with anyone who uses, and if you experience ideation call a hotline immediately. Also know that while the symptoms are difficult & challenging, it will indeed pass. Definitely don’t use again. Not relapsing is paramount as there is high risk for overdosing in phase 3. A rehabilitation center would be most ideal. 

Phase 1: Crash. 

Most users experience a crash within a few hours to a few days after they stop using crack. Symptoms in this stage include increased appetite, exhaustion, irritability, need for sleep, and restlessness.

Phase 2: Withdrawal. 

After this period has subsided, you may enter the second phase of withdrawal, which can last up to 10 weeks.3 During this stage, you may experience crack cocaine withdrawal effects such as increased cravings, irritability, sleepiness, and problems with concentration.

Phase 3: Extinction. 

The third phase of the crack cocaine withdrawal timeline is known as “extinction.” Former users may experience intermittent cravings that are largely dependent on social situations and triggers, such as people with whom you previously used or being in environments where crack cocaine is available.

Other Potential Symptoms:

Cardiovascular problems. 

You may experience chest pain, elevated blood pressure, or an increased heart rate.

Pulmonary disorders. 

You may experience difficulty breathing, shortness of breath, or coughing up blood for up to 48 hours after your last use (especially common when cocaine is used in freebase form, such as crack).

Neurological problems.

Many users experience headaches during the withdrawal phase. Some may even suffer from seizures.

Cravings and overdose. 

Cravings can lead to overdose, especially if you relapse after a period of abstinence.

Depression. 

You may experience an inability to feel pleasure during withdrawal. You may also have a risk of developing clinical depression, which is characterized by symptoms such as a loss of interest in activities you once enjoyed, angry outbursts, feeling frequently sad or tearful, sleep and appetite problems, difficulty with memory, problems with thinking, and a lack of energy. 

Suicide. 

Feelings of depression can become so intense that some people experience suicidal ideation, meaning they have thoughts about harming themselves. In some cases, people may take action on those thoughts.

https://withdrawal.net/cocaine/crack-symptoms-effects-stages/

Anticipate  experiencing doubt, disappointment and overwhelment so you minimize ‘spiraling’, or ‘blowing it up life size’ / ‘bigger picture’. 

Stay present, ground in breathing and feeling sensation. This is a time to recover and rest as much as possible. I would utilize distractions to pass the time, like lighthearted movies, comedies, etc. This is not a time to make decisions, think, solve or figure anything out. Much love brother, you will be fine. Take better care of your body that you ever have before. Self-love for the win. 

Hand it all over to Source. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/just-let-source-take-out-the-garbage

This will do wonders for the body, mind, outlook and mood. 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/the-loophole-shake

Paranoia is really about feeling. When emotions (guidance) gets ‘louder’, the mind believes the discord is being caused by someone or something else. Don’t feed into that narrative as this is not the case. Be as willing and open minded as possible in considering that what you are feeling, so to speak, is what you are thinking. more so, that there is no ‘separate self’ at fault, or doing anything (wrong). There is an experience of thoughts, emotions and sensation. Feel into the openness and spaciousness. 

If & when it gets tough, think and or say, ‘there will be light at the end of this tunnel’, and feel deeply into how much that resonates. 

Thanks yeah most likely it’s related to crack.

I got worried because I noticed some similarities to my dads dementia and then I was thinking about waking up. It seems to me that when waking up, when trauma gets released. Then memories around that trauma will not have the same emotional charge. I was thinking that the difference between early dementia and waking up is that when waking up you stop caring about those memory’s of yourself and your past. with dementia though, you lose those memories and you don’t know that you lost them.

I’m probably being paranoid though. On the drug side of things I’m feeling better. Cravings aren’t bad. I need more sober time but things have slowly improved. I’ve been mcrodosing mushrooms which helps with my mood but makes my memory worse.

Everybody has memory problems.  What puzzles me sometimes is I know what I want to say but I can't recall the word or name.  Sometimes it takes me a minute to get the word/name.  I'm cool with that.  You have to work with what you have.  I look at it like I'm just exposed to so much more information than a lot of people are.  I assume like anything else that memory has a certain limited capacity: your RAM so to speak, which is the memory that you can easily recall.   But there's many things I know well, I just can't recall it/them right away, and I'm ok with this.  It sucks but what are you gonna do?  You gotta work with the bandwidth you have regarding memory recall.  But I would be careful not to overly-catastrophize it unless I had to.  It's an issue that everybody deals with.  A lot of people don't have as many ideas so their memory is naturally better.  The more nuanced your ideas and the more ideas, the harder it is to store all of that.  I assume it works like that to some extent.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

💬 🗯️🤍