What are "healthy" self-referential beliefs?

Previously i've felt a huge change in feeling when doing affirmations. I actually recorded a tape repeating affirmations about myself about being worthy, happy, charismatic. It really impacted me at the time before falling off.

I am thinking about doing it again, but im wondering if all those "positive" self-referential beliefs might be a double edged sword. Is it a preferable to think you are intelligent, confident etc, or will it also bring with it some unwanted attitudes etc, or does that come from other beliefs.

Does anyone have experience or something to share around this?

Edited by WhiteOwl

7 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

Previously i've felt a huge change in feeling when doing affirmations.

Was the change in feeling, or was the change in thoughts / thinking… and that’s what was felt?

I actually recorded a tape repeating affirmations about myself about being worthy, happy, charismatic. It really impacted me at the time before falling off.

Likewise maybe those thoughts resonated. 

I am thinking about doing it again, but im wondering if all those "positive" self-referential beliefs might be a double edged sword. Is it a preferable to think you are intelligent, confident etc, or will it also bring with it some unwanted attitudes etc, or does that come from other beliefs.

Does anyone have experience or something to share around this?

There are no healthy self referential beliefs for three great reasons. A belief by definition not true, the body is the truth, and the self thought about doesn’t exist. 

But more so, healthy & unhealthy are thoughts just like positive & negative. These terms are dualistic & judgmental. 

Discordant & aligned on the other hand, point to how a thought, thinking, belief, etc feels. 

If you seem to be in a dreamlike situation where duality or materialism aren’t holding up, try writing what’s wanted and resonates most on a dreamboard and watching what happens. 

It doesn't matter what subject is the apparent object of your appreciation. There's nothing off limits, nothing appreciated that isn't you appreciating yourself. What is particularly interesting about the subject of ourselves though? You can't see your face and live. The mirror image isn't really you. If the intention is to overcome, it would be more efficient to remember there is nothing that you need overcome. 

Youtube Channel  

1 hour ago, WhiteOwl said:

I think thats a good way to put it yes.

I think as long as you are self-aware and aware of what narcissism looks like, there is nothing to worry. You can still practice your positive self referential thoughts. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

On 11/22/2023 at 9:10 AM, WhiteOwl said:

Previously i've felt a huge change in feeling when doing affirmations. I actually recorded a tape repeating affirmations about myself about being worthy, happy, charismatic. It really impacted me at the time before falling off.

What time, other than now, the present, is actually experienced?

When do thoughts about a past arise?

On 11/22/2023 at 9:10 AM, WhiteOwl said:

Where is the thinker presently?