The brain, intelligence and health

WhiteOwl

So i've been told that intelligence and knowledge is not something you posses, but more something that is accessed. It makes sense to some degree, but i can't see how knowledge about buddhism would ever just come to me never having read anything. I mean it did for some obviously, but i find it a bit confusing. Why would you read anything instead of just emptying out.

I always felt fear that too much substance use alcohol/drugs etc would harm the ability to think or have clever conversation. I have seen that happen. But if intelligence and knowledge is not something you can have i guess there is nothing to lose ever and you can do as many substances as possible without worry.

Why does it feel like they block connection to source (the substances). Is source coming from inside the body? That would also mean that the more healthy the body is the more intelligence there is access to. 

I feel this was a bit messy but maybe someone can get what i am trying to say?

When you learn or read information you don't actually gain information, you simply practice focus on it. It's a channel, a stream... not an accumulation or gain for someone. You practice being in that stream. It's not a transfer of thought but a practice of communion. 

What is the focus being practiced that leads to the desire to use substances or alcohol? It is possible that the drugs and alcohol use comes from the believe that it already is not possible to have clever relaxed conversations without these substances, and so it manifests in the inability even when sober?

Youtube Channel  

So the Buddha has been told that intelligence and knowledge is not something you posses, but more something that is accessed. It makes sense to some degree, but i can't see how knowledge about buddhism would ever just come to me never having read anything. I mean it did for some obviously, but i find it a bit confusing. Why would you read anything instead of just emptying out.

I always felt fear that too much substance use alcohol/drugs etc would harm the ability to think or have clever conversation. I have seen that happen. But if intelligence and knowledge is not something you can have i guess there is nothing to lose ever and you can do as many substances as possible without worry.

Why does it feel like they block connection to source (the substances). Is source coming from inside the body? That would also mean that the more healthy the body is the more intelligence there is access to. 

30 minutes ago, Phil said:

So the Buddha has been told that intelligence and knowledge is not something you posses, but more something that is accessed. It makes sense to some degree, but i can't see how knowledge about buddhism would ever just come to me never having read anything. I mean it did for some obviously, but i find it a bit confusing. Why would you read anything instead of just emptying out.

I always felt fear that too much substance use alcohol/drugs etc would harm the ability to think or have clever conversation. I have seen that happen. But if intelligence and knowledge is not something you can have i guess there is nothing to lose ever and you can do as many substances as possible without worry.

Why does it feel like they block connection to source (the substances). Is source coming from inside the body? That would also mean that the more healthy the body is the more intelligence there is access to. 

Deja vu...

4 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

So i've been told that intelligence and knowledge is not something you posses, but more something that is accessed.

Appearance isn’t something, a thing or things.  It’s the same as watching a movie.  There isn’t anything “inside of”  a movie,  it’s the light of the screen. 

It makes sense to some degree, but i can't see how knowledge about buddhism would ever just come to me never having read anything.

You are the Buddha - the screen.  
Buddhism is the movie.

Buddism is you telling you that you are, you. The Buddha - the screen. 

I mean it did for some obviously, but i find it a bit confusing. Why would you read anything instead of just emptying out.

The Buddha is infinite, and infinite inherently cannot know finite. As the Buddha appears as somewhere and someway, the Buddha veils itself of itself, with itself, as itself. 

I always felt fear that too much substance use alcohol/drugs etc would harm the ability to think or have clever conversation. I have seen that happen. But if intelligence and knowledge is not something you can have i guess there is nothing to lose ever and you can do as many substances as possible without worry.

Appearing does not equate to becoming. The Buddha does not actually become a separate finite self in time which fears or for which there is feeling or fear. The forgetting, or overlooking of itself, does not equate to becoming or creating an opposite of itself. 

Why does it feel like they block connection to source (the substances).

What is ‘it’?

Is ‘it’ a ‘they’?

Why wouldn’t substances created to suppress… suppress?

Is source coming from inside the body? That would also mean that the more healthy the body is the more intelligence there is access to. 

Appearing as. 

On 11/13/2023 at 3:24 PM, Mandy said:

What is the focus being practiced that leads to the desire to use substances or alcohol? It is possible that the drugs and alcohol use comes from the believe that it already is not possible to have clever relaxed conversations without these substances, and so it manifests in the inability even when sober?

It helps at least. But i guess it comes down to beliefs since just holding a beer in my hand can feel relaxing. Thoughts like "I dont know what to say" comes to mind. "I am insecure". "Alcohol makes me more carefree". 

Something to look at thank you.

On 11/13/2023 at 7:52 PM, Phil said:
On 11/13/2023 at 3:03 PM, WhiteOwl said:

Is source coming from inside the body? That would also mean that the more healthy the body is the more intelligence there is access to. 

Appearing as. 

Source is appearing as the body. Source is appearing as everything. So eating healthy you appear as that?

2 hours ago, WhiteOwl said:

It helps at least. But i guess it comes down to beliefs since just holding a beer in my hand can feel relaxing. Thoughts like "I dont know what to say" comes to mind. "I am insecure". "Alcohol makes me more carefree". 

Something to look at thank you.

Source is appearing as the body. Source is appearing as everything. So eating healthy you appear as that?

As perception & the thoughts “body”, “everything”, “eating healthy”.

The thoughts don’t define perception. 

In the absence of thought activity about there being a brain, body, everything, eating healthy, etc… there is a blank space of potentiality in & of which dimensionless imagery can appear when tarot cards are (so to speak of course) looked at. 

Listening to someone else about health isn’t quite receiving the messages about the guidance. It seems to be more about the latter. 

On 11/13/2023 at 9:03 AM, WhiteOwl said:

So i've been told that intelligence and knowledge is not something you posses, but more something that is accessed. It makes sense to some degree, but i can't see how knowledge about buddhism would ever just come to me never having read anything. I mean it did for some obviously, but i find it a bit confusing. Why would you read anything instead of just emptying out.

Why does it feel like they block connection to source (the substances). Is source coming from inside the body? That would also mean that the more healthy the body is the more intelligence there is access to. 

I empathize with your brain's quest to understand life outside your body.  To do that you have to understand how your body arrived here and it isn't rocket science or a mystery either.

Every lifetime has its own unique point of origin, conception to replace one's established ancestral lineage since inception of their ancestral lineage. Overlapping generation gaps sustaining the numbers occupying time here. Each ancestor gets their own time evolving naturally present.

So what changes from natural position to social situations. How history got to this point in time evolving people never same ancestors twice to the total sum adapting in this atmosphere now.

You obviously have been educated to how many choices you can do obeying the either or neither nor pick a side to believe rest of your time adapting in space here.

Things you cannot change, your chromosomes since conceived, the ancestral lineage you arrived in, you cannot change how evolving works in plain sight.

so how do you keep a humanity working when everyone believes life isn't self evident. Compromise with those that can eliminate you for none compliance. Survival of the species is done with civility as civic minds have a tendency to remove things that keep them from controlling tomorrows today.

So intelligence and knowledge, intellect and instincts desire to be more than all you been since replacing your previous  generation gaps since inception of your ancestral lineage.

Good luck balancing between completely honesty about yourself and absolutely corrupted how evolving happens in plain sight. Peace comes within understanding how every reality is stacked against you in a court of law and living never exceeds being alive now.

Sarcasm is my release value. Solitude is my salvation.

Edited by solereproduction

So i've been told that intelligence and knowledge is not something you posses, but more something that is accessed.

Can an ice cube which is not water… access water?

It makes sense to some degree, but i can't see how knowledge about buddhism would ever just come to me never having read anything. I mean it did for some obviously, but i find it a bit confusing. Why would you read anything instead of just emptying out.

Could an ice cube find water in a freezer made of water?

Which sounds healthier… water, as if a well, being.

Or water believing it’s an ice cube, and trying to feel or arrive at or access its own wetness, by adding ‘stuff in the freezer’ to ‘the ice cube’?

8 hours ago, Phil said:

Which sounds healthier… water, as if a well, being.

Or water believing it’s an ice cube, and trying to feel or arrive at or access its own wetness, by adding ‘stuff in the freezer’ to ‘the ice cube’?

Somehow makes a lot of sense. Took a while. "I must be stupid". It resonates now. Having awareness of the "body" or the "me" this moment. A lot of tension and purging happening.