Why do people want others to join their religion, why do they want to spread it? So people are more moral, to help them? Or because they belong to a cult?

As much as I like differences in culture and traditions, I'm becoming more and more anti religion.

Edited by Devin

23 minutes ago, Devin said:

Why do people want others to join their religion, why do they want to spread it? So people are more moral, to help them? Or because they belong to a cult?

As much as I like differences in culture and traditions, I'm becoming more and more anti religion.

It's fear projected outward. 

Many religious people deep down have a fear that they aren't gonna achieve whatever ideal is in their belief system (heaven/nirvana). 

So they go "outward" and tell people they have to be saved, they have to repent and go to heaven.

It's like trying to convince others to believe in God because deep down you don't. 

Getting others to believe in order to reinforce your own belief system.

Edited by Orb

♾️

13 minutes ago, Orb said:

It's fear projected outward. 

Many religious people deep down have a fear that they aren't gonna achieve whatever ideal is in their belief system (heaven/nirvana). 

So they go "outward" and tell people they have to be saved, they have to repent and go to heaven.

It's like trying to convince others to believe in God because deep down you don't. 

I could see that in a street missionary, or the annoying coworker or cousin, but how about politicians, it's control right? Look at the crusades, Muslim conquests, ...

It's really appearing quite sick to me. Only divisive and not unifying in the least despite the implied claim, look at even the denominations amongst Christians, divisive, divisive, devisive.

Edited by Devin

18 minutes ago, Devin said:

I could see that in a street missionary, or the annoying coworker or cousin, but how about politicians, it's control right? Look at the crusades, Muslim conquests, ...

It's really appearing quite sick to me. Only divisive and not unifying in the least despite the implied claim, look at even the denominations amongst Christians, divisive, divisive, devisive.

It's the same exact thing. Why go on all these crusades? Deep down its an attempt to quell the inner fear that comes with thought identification. 

"If I just make everyone believe what I believe I won't feel this fear anymore."

♾️

Ideologies and dogmas like that are such houses of cards that other ways of conduct are very threatening to them. Basically, coexisting is quite impossible without losing their "integrity".

There seems to be two ways that they are protected. One is agressively spreading the ideology, turning others into your worldview. The other one is "closing in", isolation from other influences.

There must be an effortless way.

21 hours ago, Devin said:

You've got a good point, this is about way more than just religion, although religion and politics are clear examples. 

It could be a primal survival instinct of wanting other people to be like 'us' so we feel safer and there's less threat from 'them'.  The world feels safer when our pack, our tribe is stronger than theirs

22 hours ago, Devin said:

Only divisive and not unifying in the least despite the implied claim, look at even the denominations amongst Christians, divisive, divisive, devisive.

Remember the wolf in sheep's clothing during end times. Don't trust a false prophet. 

Religion is what saved humanity for centuries. Religion is being scapegoated. 

By the great Enemy. 

We were warned. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.