On 2/20/2024 at 7:49 PM, Joseph Maynor said:

This is what happened to me when I did 5-MeO-DMT.  I am Consciousness.

Yeah it was a good experience but now I forgot about it and I'm interested in other things in life. Awakening is cool but it doesn't bring anything to the table.

Edited by Alexander

19 minutes ago, Alexander said:

Yeah it was a good experience but now I forgot about it and I'm interested in other things in life. Awakening is cool but it doesn't bring anything to the table.

It makes you selfless prophet. Unbelievable feeling it is. Life turns out to be heaven. 

Edited by James123

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

On 10/26/2023 at 10:43 PM, Alexander said:

I was sleeping tonight and had this realization in my dream.Being or how you want to call it is real infinity and I know it sounds crazy but everything in my life is just reflection of me.

What a dream WTF I woke up.

Welcome to yourself.  You are Infinity.  You are God.

1 hour ago, Alexander said:

It brings a lot to the table.  If you are in the matrix right now would waking up from the Matrix and then going back in be different from never being sure as to whether you were in a matrix or not?  Or would it be different from not even being aware at all that you were in a simulation?

@Robed Mystic

Infinite can not be in (anything), as infinite actually is, infinite. Therein ‘being aware that you were in a simulation’ is a two fold belief. 

I am & infinite are synonymous. ‘I am infinite’ is on behalf of the separate self of thought. Similarly, I am God, you are God. (I am & God are synonymous). 

Likewise, ‘I am’ is an experience only for the illusory separate self of thought. 

16 minutes ago, Phil said:

@Robed Mystic

Infinite can not be in (anything), as infinite actually is, infinite. Therein ‘being aware that you were in a simulation’ is a two fold belief. 

I am & infinite are synonymous. ‘I am infinite’ is on behalf of the separate self of thought. Similarly, I am God, you are God. (I am & God are synonymous). 

Likewise, ‘I am’ is an experience only for the illusory separate self of thought. 

This doesn't negate that awakening does not bring something to the table.   It does, and you know it does.

20 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

It brings a lot to the table.  

I agree 100%.  People have all kinds of weird denials about spiritual enlightenment.  This is just part of the experience of the path too.  

Something I wrote a while back:

What are the pros and cons of saying you are spiritually enlightened?  Well first of all we have to get past the sneaky people who say no but act yes.  Those people secretly think they're enlightened but they don't want to come out and say it.  It depends on what you mean by spiritually enlightened.  The danger is you think you've topped out which can actually stunt you on the path.  If we restrict spiritual enlightenment to an experiential shift in how one thinks of the self, then we can say people do become spiritually enlightened when they have this experience for the first time where the way they think of the self will never be the same.  The trap people have is they put things in their shadow in order to think they have the truth or that they've reached the final destination.  Yes and no.  But there's a part of you that might empty your cup and allow yourself to be moved instead of trying to land a permanent anchor.  It's a paradox.  It could very well be and you probably already know that your beliefs can crumble like a house of cards too.  So, paradoxically one is both enlightened and not enlightened too.  You can come to explore the self, but then the ego or whatever you want to call it develops too, it's there too doing its thing.  I tend to think that one shouldn't put the ego in the shadow even though they've transcended the ego somewhat.

Edited by Joseph Maynor

48 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

I agree 100%.  People have all kinds of weird denials about spiritual enlightenment.  This is just part of the experience of the path too.  

Something I wrote a while back:

What are the pros and cons of saying you are spiritually enlightened?  Well first of all we have to get past the sneaky people who say no but act yes.  Those people secretly think they're enlightened but they don't want to come out and say it.  It depends on what you mean by spiritually enlightened.  The danger is you think you've topped out which can actually stunt you on the path.  If we restrict spiritual enlightenment to an experiential shift in how one thinks of the self, then we can say people do become spiritually enlightened when they have this experience for the first time where the way they think of the self will never be the same.  The trap people have is they put things in their shadow in order to think they have the truth or that they've reached the final destination.  Yes and no.  But there's a part of you that might empty your cup and allow yourself to be moved instead of trying to land a permanent anchor.  It's a paradox.  It could very well be and you probably already know that your beliefs can crumble like a house of cards too.  So, paradoxically one is both enlightened and not enlightened too.  You can come to explore the self, but then the ego or whatever you want to call it develops too, it's there too doing its thing.  I tend to think that one shouldn't put the ego in the shadow even though they've transcended the ego somewhat.

"The danger is you think you've topped out which can actually stunt you on the path.  "

Enlightnenment is not about the path.  It is about transcending the path.  There isn't ego development with enlightenemnt.  There is ego death.

It is just Pure Truth. 

So there is no going beyonng God realization.  There is jumping back into the dream and continuing your journey.  But only that. But your journey is not the same as enlightenment. 

Edited by Robed Mystic

2 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

This doesn't negate that awakening does not bring something to the table.   It does, and you know it does.

Knower - knows - known is the materialist’s paradigm, the believing of thoughts, and is not awakening. Awakening does not bring some thing to the table. Awakening dispels the belief in things & knowing. 

2 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

This doesn't negate that awakening does not bring something to the table.   It does, and I know it does.

What introspection looks like. Just two cents, but introspect until it is clear there is not the me which knows and the it which is known. Or, find a forum on self-realization with a more suitable standard. 

53 minutes ago, Phil said:

Knower - knows - known is the materialist’s paradigm, the believing of thoughts, and is not awakening. Awakening does not bring some thing to the table. Awakening dispels the belief in things & knowing. 

What introspection looks like. Just two cents, but introspect until it is clear there is not the me which knows and the it which is known. Or, find a forum on self-realization with a more suitable standard. 

That is your opinion.  I thank you for your wise words on reality   Do take note that this  is a relative point of view.  You donh't have an authority on awkaening , but nor do I.   i just wnated you take notice of your hypcrosy.

3 hours ago, Robed Mystic said:

That is your opinion.  I thank you for your wise words on reality   Do take note that this  is a relative point of view.  You donh't have an authority on awkaening , but nor do I.   i just wnated you take notice of your hypcrosy.

Introspection is inward. It’s the examination of one’s own mental & emotional processes. What’s been said isn’t being heard through paradigms of teachers & students, separation, separate selves and purporting. Awakening is precisely not opinion, and awakening is that there is no “relative point of view” or authority. Oneness may seem to be, and contain hypocrisy, idk, but awakening, enlightenment, nonduality (this) however does not.  

9 minutes ago, Robed Mystic said:

but all 6 will have some similiarity.  The sixth might differ slightly from the fifth, but only by pereception.
Blue is blue.

Those minor differences can look huge when they're emphasized.  

This is why I go the opposite direction.  I assume we all disagree and am surprised when I find a similarity.

I did look for similarity before, but I've totally flipped on that recently.

Edited by Joseph Maynor