Lions Mane, Reishi, Chaga or other mushroom supplements?

I've used chaga before and it was ok. I like including mushrooms in my diet, mostly shiitakes and oysters, not so much the regularly eaten bella button types. These are the chantrelles I foraged just through walking my dog in the past few days. Never thought I'd be foraging mushrooms, but if you truly do your research and take the time to learn to identify, chantrelles are pretty safe to forage compared with other kinds. They have no mushroom smell or flavor, it's like fruit or apricots weirdly enough. 

Screenshot_20230917_094508_Gallery.jpg

Youtube Channel  

I've been drinking a lot of Chaga (Inonotus obliquus) there's a lot growing where I live so I have harvested my own. I haven't noticed a big difference when drinking it, maybe a subtle difference. Maybe it has given me a lot more than I have noticed.

I used Lions Mane supplement for a few months, I don't really remember clearly how it felt I think it was mostly a subtle difference.

I have tried Reishi tea only once so I can't say much about it.

Microdosing psilocybin have helped me the most with feeling better.

I've been microdosing Amanita Muscaria too which made me feel more relaxed, but I didn't like how it felt or maybe it was not the right time when I used it.

You might have a different experience with the mushrooms. 🙂

35 minutes ago, Devin said:

Chicken of the woods and Morels have always been popular around here, very prolific. We just cook them in butter, tasty.

I'm not sure about how to identify chicken of the woods yet but I don't think we have morels here. lol, we have no morals. 😂 Would love to try them someday though. 

Youtube Channel  

20 minutes ago, Mandy said:

I'm not sure about how to identify chicken of the woods yet but I don't think we have morels here. lol, we have no morals. 😂 Would love to try them someday though. 

Morels grow almost like a crop, they have that underground network thing like aspen trees, there's a short period where they pop up, usually after the first big rain period in spring after it's warmed up a bit, but they pop up in the same areas every year and it can be like thin fields of them usually in the woods but also in prairies actually. They don't have some earth shattering flavor but great texture cooked in butter, great comfort food type taste, sort of meaty.

1 hour ago, Devin said:

Morels grow almost like a crop, they have that underground network thing like aspen trees, there's a short period where they pop up, usually after the first big rain period in spring after it's warmed up a bit, but they pop up in the same areas every year and it can be like thin fields of them usually in the woods but also in prairies actually. They don't have some earth shattering flavor but great texture cooked in butter, great comfort food type taste, sort of meaty.

They sound good, I think they are more common in the Midwest and elsewhere than here, but it's possible to find them some places.  The mycelium networks mushrooms have with trees are so fascinating. 

1 hour ago, noomii said:

Also Chaga is yummy together with cinnamon bark. A bit sweet and vanilla like! When adding a lot of chaga the taste gets more bitter. 🧡

That really sounds good, I'll have to try it. I've only had it by itself and it's kind of meh.  

Youtube Channel  

On 9/17/2023 at 3:31 AM, DMT Elf said:

Maybe it does a bit, but it's not hugely noticeable. It's nothing like tripping, lol.

Right. I think i will start with just one of them to really get to know the feel of it. Also i read its very important to buy a quality product, otherwise its a waste. 

On 9/17/2023 at 3:53 PM, Mandy said:

These are the chantrelles I foraged just through walking my dog in the past few days. Never thought I'd be foraging mushrooms

Foraging mushrooms is the best. Very popular here in Denmark. Found many chanterelles this summer due to so much rain. You can also find the most potent magic mushroom, Liberty Cap. When it gets a bit colder though.

6 hours ago, Phil said:

I’ve tried a lot and found micro dosing to be superior. Have you tried that yet?

Micrososing shrooms? Only a few times. Always took too much and ended up just feeling mildly uncomfortable, not able to focus on work. Could try again doing a lot less. 
when and how much did you take?

Edited by WhiteOwl

On 9/22/2023 at 11:53 AM, WhiteOwl said:

Micrososing shrooms? Only a few times. Always took too much and ended up just feeling mildly uncomfortable, not able to focus on work. Could try again doing a lot less. 
when and how much did you take?

I'd take it on a day when I don't work and can focus on anything that feels good.
Set an intention.

Acknowledge & allow what comes up emotionally.