I Wanna Sing!

All of a sudden I really wanna sing!!!!! It's exciting to think about. I was listening to Don't stop me now by Queen and was like damn I wish I could be screaming this song out loud right now even if my voice is trash lol. 

Any tips? 

Can I practice in my room home alone? What if my neighbors hear me lol

♾️

16 hours ago, Orb said:

All of a sudden I really wanna sing!!!!! It's exciting to think about. I was listening to Don't stop me now by Queen and was like damn I wish I could be screaming this song out loud right now even if my voice is trash lol. 

Omg I sometimes feel this too. Also, that's a great song!

Sometimes I dream of being an artist. Singing, writing songs. That's such a happy dream. But I'm no good and don't actually dream of it enough to practice.

Drumming is great too. I dream of that too. Ever seen the movie Whiplash?

Edited by Blessed2

There must be an effortless way.

10 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Omg I sometimes feel this too. Also, that's a great song!

Sometimes I dream of being an artist. Singing, writing songs. That's such a happy dream. But I'm no good and don't actually dream of it enough to practice.

Drumming is great too. I dream of that too. Ever seen the movie Whiplash?

Yes I've seen whiplash, amazing movie. JK Simmons is awesome 

And he'll yeah its a great song, Freddie Mercury is a legend. 

♾️

4 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

@Orb What kind of music do you like? Bands, artists?

It's hard to say anything specific since I appreciate a whole range of music, I'd say the only genre I've never been into is country music. 

I can switch from listening to the Beatles to listening to R Kelly 😆

♾️

Relax your jaw when singing, do warmup exercises like "sirens" where you start as low as you can sing and try to slide up as gradually as possible to as high as you can go, hitting every in between sounds you can hit.  There's breathing exercises too, like breathing into your diagram for a count of 5 and breathing out for as long as you can(try to double your count on the out breath the first time, and increasing it each time).  Also, do "horse lips" 

Edited by Jonas Long