“Being” seems boring vs thinking/suffering seems fun

One thing that came out during my recent trip, I seem to think that being in the moment is boring, so I entertain myself with thoughts which lead to suffering.

Has anyone else overcome this? How to find joy in being? I mean this may sound weird… but what are the benefits of being? 

Edited by Rose

@Rose being is completely letting go, therefore bliss and flowness. You can not understand what being is you just have to just be. Assumption/thinking about being is leads the boringness and solipsism. This is very tricky and most people falls into. Be careful do not be stuck in this. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

It's just momentum, and the resulting phenomenon of comfort in familiarity. If you slept on a rocky ground every night growing up for 17 years, and someone gave you a memory foam mattress and bedframe, you might wake up in the night so uncomfortable you choose to go sleep on the rocky ground. After a while you'd like and become more accustomed to the bed if that was your intention. Sometimes when offered a bed people sleeping on the hard ground scorn it, and scorn those who sleep in beds and won't accept it at all. 🤷‍♂️ 

You already find joy in being inherently, it's the thoughts about it you're not all that thrilled with. Catch yourself being and intend instead of trying to force yourself to be. I promise you you're already that and in order for life force to flow through you, there's far more allowance than disallowance going on with you. Momentum is already very much in your favor.

Youtube Channel  

“Being” seems boring vs thinking/suffering seems fun.

Where is the one which is not being, which is separate of being and therein which is thinking… and thinks this about or knows this about… being? 

Where is that one

Perhaps there is a belief that without the separate self of thought, the thinker, this fun wouldn’t be. 

When you leave the house you likely take your car keys, maybe sunglasses etc with you… but the fun, maybe that’s still believed to be where you’re going. Believed to be where, in accordance with direct experience - you’ve never actually been… “there”. 

11 hours ago, Rose said:

One thing that came out during my recent trip, I seem to think that being in the moment is boring, so I entertain myself with thoughts which lead to suffering.

Suffering is the yet seen separate self of thoughts. The separate self is never actually present. Always the activity of thoughts about time, a myself, overlooking the actuality of emotions (like boredom), and therein that the suffering is in, of, is the thoughts as well. 

11 hours ago, Rose said:

Has anyone else overcome this?

Rather than mentally holding a problem, something in need of being solved or overcome and looking to others, question or inspect the assumptions directly and discover why they feel to you as they do.

Note boredom is felt, is an experience of an emotion, is how these thoughts about being feel.

Rather than assuming being is boring, which is believing the thoughts & that the separate self of thought is right about being… feel the emotion and receive the guidance as to how the thoughts feel. 

What if fun is infinite & there’s no such things as rooms, screens, Phils & Roses? 

What if life is supposed to be fun? What if that is the point, and meaning, purpose, value & worth are the veiling activity of thought?

What if you are what fun is… yet some thoughts believed seem to cloud the sun? 

11 hours ago, Rose said:

How to find joy in being?

Unfettering. Discarding the concepts of a finder and of being by noticing the concepts are, concepts.

Notice the fun is not at a destination.

Joy & fun are the true nature. 

Just not for you. 

11 hours ago, Rose said:

I mean this may sound weird… but what are the benefits of being? 

That “you”. 

The separate self is of thought. Benefits, is a thought. 

‘What are the thought for a thought’ does indeed sound a little weird. 

On 9/2/2023 at 11:21 PM, Rose said:

Has anyone else overcome this? How to find joy in being? I mean this may sound weird… but what are the benefits of being? 

Exhaust the thoughts  that cause the suffering.   You will realize that it is futile.  And so you will then and only then realize the Being and dwelling in Being is true happiness. 

Is thinking over being?  I don't know but I'll tell a story.  This is what I experienced the opposite of when I did 5-MeO-DMT.  Being precedes thinking.  The Self was Consciousness or Awareness and the thoughts were within Consciousness.  The ego appeared to be an error and seen as misidentified identity.  I'm not saying this trip is correct but it was a shift in perspective for me.  I realized when I was in the peak of the trip that thinking is very overrated.  what was present is being the Consciousness in itself which, appeared to be me in the peak of the trip.

Edited by Joseph Maynor