Because you're resistant, maybe, and you don't really want to do it. Time always seems to drag when that's the case.

If that's the case, bring attention to that resistance - feel the tightness and tension in the body, and allow it to release. Notice any other sensations and emotions that arise as you do this, and just keep allowing the body to breathe and relax.

Meditation is the relaxation of all effort and focus, it is the resting within your beingness, it is a let-go, not an effort or task.

Exercise or Chanting beforehand helps you relax and let-go easier. Blessings ~

Edited by Pluto

If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

On 1/28/2024 at 9:31 PM, Isagi Yoichi said:

so why does time seem to pass slower and faster sometimes during meditation?

Forget all these start to meditate 30 min for now. And you will find your answer yourself.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

When you can easily meditate all day long you'll find the opposite end of this problem.  Time is a very pliable kind of thing.  You can stretch out an hour into an eternity or shrink an entire day down into 5 minutes.  Psychological time and actual time are two totally different things.  For me because I meditate a lot, time contracts a lot for me.  To elongate time try to do new things.  To contract time do the same thing all the time.  Watch a cold pot come to a boil and see how long in terms of psychological time that feels.  Wait for a bus for 20 minutes and feel how long that 20 minutes feels.  It feels like forever.  When you order at a restaurant and you're sitting there waiting for your food, that can feel like an eternity.

Edited by Joseph Maynor