Not Sure who to Believe, Both Sides are Very Convincing

I've listened to the left, I've listened to the right. Both utopias offered sound beautiful, I'm not sure which one to buy lol. 

Maybe just allowing happiness to be is all? 

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

A Comment on the 8th Ox Herding Picture

@Mandy it's not that simple when it comes to the organization of billions of people with unique cultures, religions, principles/values, interests. 

A lot more thought has to go into how we organize ourselves than just what we want. 

How do we get billions of people to unify in wanting the same society? 

At the end of the day I don't care about politics because the natural order is always prior to thought but this is just entertainment for us.

"Mediocrity is gone. Mind is clear of limitation. I seek no state of enlightenment. Neither do I remain where no enlightenment exists. Since I linger in neither condition, eyes cannot see me. If hundreds of birds strew my path with flowers, such praise would be meaningless."

It's good that we want different things as they are manifest. It's perfect that we want different things. It's only in the assumption that we shouldn't that we get into trouble, in the thingingness of it, at our core we want the same ____ you can't call it a thing and it isn't want if it's already what we are. 

Youtube Channel  

@Mandy in that case, it doesn't seem like any of the ideals like "world peace" will be accomplished and I'm fine with that. 

It's always gonna be a mess, but at the same time it's the natural order, the way.

@Mandy I don't know, only you can decide for yourself, what do you want? 😉

@Mandy focus on what you want.

52 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

What does this mean, practically speaking?

To "buy" a political side means to vote for them, talk in favor of them etc?

Yes, vote for policies that align with that particular political view.

I choose democracy, not a side, we're all(most of us all) on the same team. Even if you chose a side, you could further split that side into different sides as well. 

I don't think it's healthy for democracy to split into sides, we're all just Americans. I disagree with both sides on different issues, and am only a member of a party when there's an important issue to me, and it could be either party today or tomorrow. They're parties not religions or gangs.

Edited by Devin

29 minutes ago, Devin said:

I choose democracy, not a side, we're all(most of us all) on the same team. Even if you chose a side, you could further split that side into different sides as well. 

I don't think it's healthy for democracy to split into sides, we're all just Americans. I disagree with both sides on different issues, and am only a member of a party when there's an important issue to me, and it could be either party today or tomorrow. They're parties not religions or gangs.

I'm in a similar position actually, I often consider that maybe on a societal level we will achieve a blend of left/right wing values.

1 hour ago, Orb said:

I'm in a similar position actually, I often consider that maybe on a societal level we will achieve a blend of left/right wing values.

The only sides I see are the fringe minorities on both sides. Most people seem to fall in the middle, or the way I see it; left and right are just the fringes of American values.

2 minutes ago, Devin said:

The only sides I see are the fringe minorities on both sides. Most people seem to fall in the middle, or the way I see it; left and right are just the fringes of American values.

Where im living in its mostly christian conservatives. I don't agree with all their views but they also have certain values that are respectable. 

18 hours ago, Orb said:

Where im living in its mostly christian conservatives. I don't agree with all their views but they also have certain values that are respectable. 

I don't think there's anywhere I or most people would agree with everyone on most things, but I think that's okay.

I live in the Midwest and disagree with all of the far right political ideologies. I think if I were to do it over again I would have moved to somewhere like Switzerland in my mid twenties, somewhere with tradition but more loving, it's still possible I'll move there. But it's fine, find decent friends and do your own thing, get involved in community in where and when you comfortably can.

Edited by Devin

I think you notice yourself growing when you are comfortable with holding opposing viewpoints in your head as valid to a certain degree and don’t feel the need to cling to any one of them at any point in time. You use them according to a situation. Flexibility and multi perspectivism is a true sign of growth.