Something about LOA Doesn't Feel Right...

Orb

I can't shake off this slight discord with LOA. There's something religious about it, something rigid about it. 

It seems like one of those things that instills hope and then you try and it doesn't work so then you tell yourself you just gotta keep on trying. 

It also leads to holding expectations that things should go the way you want them to go. 

Idk. The wise sages all throughout history have never spoken about manifestation, maybe Jesus was the only one, but his language was so loopy.

♾️

It also conflicts with my interest in self realization. 

On one hand there's complete equanimity and peace regardless of what sensation is appearing as

On the other there's the pursuing of experiences and wanting things. 

But if there's complete equanimity regardless of what appears, then why would a desire to "manifest" even arise? 

♾️

6 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

There is no world.

Huh?

5 minutes ago, Mandy said:

What is realization? 

The complete end of illusion of self hood. This is far deeper than I first thought, I'm noticing the self illusion is deep rooted even in most spiritual schools. There's still traces of a self who has agency, there's still subtle implications that there's actually an identity whether it's Love or the Self. 

I find this is the same for LOA unfortunately. 

I'm finding that No-Self is far rarer than I thought, it's not just the conceptual understanding that there isn't a self and instead thoughts, it's the complete cessation of self referential thought. 

♾️

1 minute ago, Mandy said:

@Orb Sounds like quite the special achievement. I meant in more general terms, what does it mean to realize something? 

It's not an achievement, it's a complete letting go. And I can't comprehend how LOA even makes sense after that. 

To realize something according to dictionary definition means to bring something into concrete existence. But I don't use the word in that way.

♾️

3 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Another way to look at it... Do you actually know anything about a law of attraction or self-realization?

Yes. I'm aware that knowing is not actual, but if we want to have a conversation isn't brain-melting, I will concede and say yes.

♾️

Okay, here's my fundamental issue with the LOA dogma. 

The suggested practices feel like effort, and not like relief. 

"Pick a better feeling thought" feels like effort. 

"Focus on what's wanted" feels like effort. 

Letting go of resistance feels more aligned. 

Relaxing the body feels more aligned. 

Can you feel into the subtlety? How some suggested practices feel like slight additions of effort and others feel more like just letting go and relaxing?

♾️

6 minutes ago, Orb said:

The suggested practices feel like effort, and not like relief. 

"Pick a better feeling thought" feels like effort. 

"Focus on what's wanted" feels like effort. 

Letting go of resistance feels more aligned. 

Relaxing the body feels more aligned. 

100% agree.

15 minutes ago, Orb said:

Yes. I'm aware that knowing is not actual, but if we want to have a conversation isn't brain-melting, I will concede and say yes.

Can you point to that knowing or "being aware of" with your finger? Where is it? What does it look like? Do you think Abraham Hicks, Mandy or Phil knows something about LoA?

How does that feel in regard to the discord with LoA etc?

How about that there is no world? How does that feel?

Does it feel like freedom and potentiality? Liberation?

There must be an effortless way.

10 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

Can you point to that knowing or "being aware of" with your finger? Where is it? What does it look like? Do you think Abraham Hicks, Mandy or Phil knows something about LoA?

No, knowing isn't actual, Awareness isn't aware. No no one knows about LoA. 

I think it's really just the name, LoA sounds very early 2000s lol. 

Law of Attraction sounds very materialistic, as if it's a law or thing that a self can utilize to improve one's life. I get the message the words point to but yea. 

Honestly, the idea of there being a world already doesn't make sense, it's just as nonsensical as the belief that there's a self in perception. The world belief is really the self belief projected outward. 

I think I'm sensitive, because any subtle thought that implies effort just "burns" so much I can't stand it, even the thought of picking a better feeling thought or whatever. 

In fact, I feel the greatest when there's absolutely no interest in what thoughts are arising, when there's no interest in thoughts there's an instant untangling out of thought and back into sensation.

♾️

3 hours ago, Orb said:

To realize something according to dictionary definition means to bring something into concrete existence. But I don't use the word in that way.

Concrete existence implies that concrete is made of material, is outside consciousness. "THE HARDER IT IS THE MORE REAL IT IS." Sounds like someone's fantasy, except when you realize hard means difficult. LOA is only just about letting go the difficult. But forgetting the materialist paradigm what does "realize" mean? 

You're complaining in one thread that LOA sounds materialistic, yet in another you're mentioning lots of suffering with the subject of money. Something doesn't add up. 

Is it truly possible for a thing or idea to be materialistic if nothing, no thing or idea ever becomes made of material? Or is what's meant by talking of materialism (outside of one's own discordant judgement) just pointing to that ignore-ance/suffering is unnecessary? 

Youtube Channel  

9 hours ago, Orb said:

I think I'm sensitive, because any subtle thought that implies effort just "burns" so much I can't stand it, even the thought of picking a better feeling thought or whatever. 

Yeah same here. I don't think you're more or less sensitive though. Everyone feels the same burn. Maybe you're just open/allowing enough to notice the discord.

I mean we're God's children. Not lesser than God. It's only natural for a thought about effort to feel discordant. We're 100% worthy. From this place effort seems more like a punishment or something. Of course the children of God are given everything, without a toll.

"There is no world" also kinda points to that LoA never happens. No thoughts ever arise. Nothing is ever manifested. Not to say LoA isn't real. It's not unreal, neither real. Just total potentiality of no world and no thought and no thinker. This might feel a bit or a lot more aligned.

38 minutes ago, Mandy said:

@Blessed2 So what you're saying is, if there's no world, there's no physical me, going out in the world, efforting to get physical things?

15 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

Like "YOLO" but more hot and creamy. Very sexy.

Potentiality.

Other than that, I have no idea what I'm saying.

So if I don't move around within a world efforting to get what I need, rather, awareness is attractive, so all things come to "it" so to speak, isn't that kinda saying the same thing as YOLA, sexy no world? Evoking the same feeling of liberation and freedom of creation? But only using the world attraction instead? 

Youtube Channel  

17 hours ago, Orb said:

I can't shake off this slight discord with LOA. There's something religious about it, something rigid about it. 

The discord felt is the belief that loa is religious or rigid. 

17 hours ago, Orb said:

It seems like one of those things that instills hope and then you try and it doesn't work so then you tell yourself you just gotta keep on trying. 

Trying to create reality is only hopeless because it’s already the case. Like trying to breathe and noticing it’s hopeless because it’s already happening. 

17 hours ago, Orb said:

It also leads to holding expectations that things should go the way you want them to go. 

Vibration isn’t actually separate things in time.

(You aren’t a separate thing in time).

17 hours ago, Orb said:

Idk. The wise sages all throughout history have never spoken about manifestation, maybe Jesus was the only one, but his language was so loopy.

Wether there is an experience of they did, or didn’t… you’re attracting that experience. 

Anyone apparently making reference to that you are creating reality is included ‘in’ the very reality you are creating. 

18 hours ago, Orb said:

It also conflicts with my interest in self realization. 

The ‘one who has an interest in self realization’ is the ‘separate self’ of thought. Separate, as in, has an interest. 

Self is aware of the thoughts about a second self which has an interest in self realization. 

18 hours ago, Orb said:

On one hand there's complete equanimity and peace regardless of what sensation is appearing as

Sensation is (vibrational) appearance and therefore is not appearing as anything. 

18 hours ago, Orb said:

On the other there's the pursuing of experiences and wanting things. 

Loa is law of attraction

18 hours ago, Orb said:

But if there's complete equanimity regardless of what appears, then why would a desire to "manifest" even arise? 

Because there’s complete equanimity already

The separate self’ is of thought, and is not a separate self which has, obtained or obtains equanimity. 

The activity of thought about there being a separate self is an appearance of what is already (eternally) perfect equanimity. 

Similarly, patience & understanding are never experienced; impatience and misunderstanding are experiential (apparent). 

https://www.actualityofbeing.com/equanimity