Letting go and suppression

Blessed2

What is the difference between letting go and suppression?

I was just reading a book and there was a thought that felt off, uncomfortable.

And I remembered / noticed that I cannot let it go by trying to let it go.

Like @Phil recently said somewhere, letting go is focusing on something else.

I could focus on something else by watching a movie for example.

Or I could get drunk and scroll through social media. And then maybe smoke a cigarette.

This would be be what's called "suppression", yes?

But how is that really different from let's say, focusing on breathing, seeing, hearing?

Is it different?

🤔

There must be an effortless way.

If someone is bleeding to death, it calls for very different action than if someone is experiencing a lot of stress in their life. There are times when distraction is healing, when it's absolutely called for and there are times when it's kicking the can down the road or worse. You know by how it feels. Get out ahead of the momentum when you can, if you can't it's gonna play out anyway. 

What was the thought? Curiosity always wins because it never seeks to avoid but never gets pulled in the undertow. 

Christmas follows Halloween. 🙂 

Youtube Channel  

3 hours ago, Mandy said:

What was the thought?

Perfectly fitting for the subject. 😁 The hopelessness of seeking what already is. Trying to find enlightenment. "That's a thought. Oh, but that's a thought too!" You start walking in circles. You just can't "get there".

Utterly hopeless. Immensely discordant. Powerlessness, despair, fear, even panic.

There is no resolution to it. The only "way" is to let go, focus on something else.

2 hours ago, Mandy said:

but why would it be desired to get there when you came for the journey? 

I don't really know, but right now I'd say because my life doesn't seem to be working, I'm not succeeding, and I experience insecurity, unworthiness ans guilt about it. There is a belief that enlightenment would fix this issue.

2 hours ago, Phil said:

Why wouldn’t infinite self experience judgement, insecurity, unworthiness & guilt… upon being a universe / forgetting its own infinitude & unconditionality?

Of course you would / are. 

I guess since it's infinite it has to experience every possible experience. Otherwise it wouldn't be infinite. 

2 hours ago, Phil said:

@Someone here

The notion “otherwise infinite wouldn’t be infinite” is egocentric. It’s like the belief ‘infinite needs man to know itself’. 

My point was if consciousness/reality/existence etc is infinite ..it means it has no limit..so what would stop it from appearing as any possible form? If it only appeared as let's say 200 different universes ..then that would mean it's limited and finite . It has to create /manifest an infinite amount of forms.