Quantum Computers will Change Everything

They're super powerful computers, I'm watching a youtube video on it right now. It's exciting to see the evolution of technology. 

I'm super into science stuff but don't read about it much, oh my god it'd be fun to read about quantum physics and other science stuff! 

Are you excited too? 

♾️

I watched the video I shared here and didn't understand most of it 😂😂😂

I crack myself up. It sounds cool though, I wanna understand the significance of this. 

Do you guys see it? I think it'll be able to calculate more things at once?

♾️

2 minutes ago, DMT Elf said:

Based on my understanding on this topic, (which could be wrong. I'm definitely not an expert) quantum computers might change the way we need to encrypt information. I took a class on the math involved with information security, and I learned a lot about the algorithms used to encrypt information. My understanding was essentially that what makes encryption secure is that there are so many possible cypher keys that it would take even a super computer years or decades to run through them all, but based on the way a quantum computer works, it could do the same thing much more efficiently. So, it's possible that if they became more mainstream, we would need to totally reinvent cybersecurity.

If anyone in more knowledgeable about this subject, please feel free to correct or ad to what I'm saying.

This is correct for the most part. I'm sure they'll find a way to upgrade cyber security. Otherwise it would be madness. 

♾️

10 hours ago, DMT Elf said:

Ah, I see. That second video you posted basically said the same thing.

Yep.

Update: I learned that with quantum computing, researchers will be able to research with digital versions of whatever they're researching which is pretty cool. 

So for a biologist he can study with the computer and not a live specimen, a physicist can actively study digital atoms that operate in real time. 

Again, I'm not well versed in this but trying to understand still.

♾️

2 minutes ago, spiritual dreams said:

For most things, conventional computers will still be superior. Quantum computing is only useful for certain cases where the algorithm can take advantage of superposition. That being said, the field is still in its infancy so I could be wrong.

It is in its infancy. But it 100% will revolutionize the way scientific research is done, calculations that were nearly impossible to compute will be easy on quantum computers. 

The real evolution is in the whole field of science. A "bridge" between computer science and physics has been built essentially. 

♾️

11 minutes ago, spiritual dreams said:

There has always been a huge bridge between computer science and physics. Simulations on conventional computers are a huge part of a physicists arsenal. But yeah quantum computers will be insanely useful for physics

Yea it's awesome, I also learned from Michio Kaku on the JRE podcast that they will essentially be the physical counterpart to A.I.. 

Like think of A.I as the mind and quantum computers as the body. 

He mentioned how QC's can fact check chat gpt very efficiently.

♾️

On 5/4/2023 at 12:56 AM, Orb said:

He mentioned how QC's can fact check chat gpt very efficiently.

Crazy to think how everything comes down to the super complexity patterns carefully created with billions of nano-size transistors, and communicate in an incredibly fast speed with pulses and breaks of electrical voltages, passing through complex physical hardware, traveling all around the world.