It largely depends on your interests and the kind of people you want to make friends with.

I would generally attend courses, seminars, workshops, etc. if I'm interested in meeting serious/smart people in particular. Otherwise, parties, clubs, theaters, etc. for the more artistic types.

Have faith.

@Zeroguy

Have you ever heard of Meetup.com?

Meetup is a service used to organize groups that host in-person and virtual events for people with similar interests.

My sister has done several in-person events and several years ago I did one myself. You search the site for local groups that seem interesting to you and see what events they are hosting. It gives details and any costs involved with a host that actually does the coordinating of the event. 

They have meetup all around the world to my understanding.

You're a thought. Do you think a thought is going to occupy 'no thought'.

The 'changeless' can be realized only when the 
ever-changing thought-flow stops.

Try on social media. Send random requests. Some people might be rude but then you'll also find some people who are ready to connect. 

Then you can send requests to friends of friends. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

On 3/30/2022 at 7:21 PM, Cupcake said:

Try on social media. Send random requests. Some people might be rude but then you'll also find some people who are ready to connect. 

Then you can send requests to friends of friends. 

The other thing you can do is explore friend making off the Internet.  Limit your time online and go out and talk to the people in your community.  I make lots of friends just striking up conversations with people wherever I go.  I'm wary of online friends.  I don't even know who these avatars are most of the time.  I think if you're online too much and your world is sort of encircled by that, a compassionate person would urge you to go offline and try that for a while.  The richness you get from interacting with real people can't be duplicated by online substitutes entirely.    

Edited by Joseph Maynor

6 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

The other thing you can do is explore friend making off the Internet.  Limit your time online and go out and talk to the people in your community.  I make lots of friends just striking up conversations with people wherever I go.  I'm wary of online friends.  I don't even know who these avatars are most of the time.  I think if you're online too much and your world is world is sort of encircled by that, a compassionate person would urge you to go offline and try that for a while.  The richness you get from interacting with real people can't be duplicated by online substitutes entirely.    

This is only possible if the environment is friendly. Where I live, if I tried talking to people or even tried to be friends, they would be give me a weird look. 

Therefore a lot of people flock online I guess. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic.