Misconceptions of "the shadow"

Jonas Long

Shadow in the broadest sense is what you trample underfoot because you fail to integrate that yet at least in part.  Your shadow is what you boo! that exists in reality.  Everybody has shadow issues.  Integration work is becoming less fearful about things that have been historically shunned away by you.  Every particular person has a unique shadow and that changes in space and time as your life goes on.  This goes beyond the Jungian sense of shadow.  This is my own thinking after doing this work for 20 years.  It makes sense to me, but I also realize others are gonna have to wrestle with what the shadow is during their life.  I don't want to shove my ideas down anyone's throat, but I love my ideas too, and I love to contribute my words and ideas to try to aid others on their paths.  I'll watch the videos you posted.  

Edited by Joseph Maynor

42 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Shadow in the broadest sense is what you trample underfoot because you fail to integrate that yet at least in part.  Your shadow is what you boo! that exists in reality.  Everybody has shadow issues.  Integration work is becoming less fearful about things that have been historically shunned away by you.  Every particular person has a unique shadow and that changes in space and time as your life goes on.  This goes beyond the Jungian sense of shadow.  This is my own thinking after doing this work for 20 years.  It makes sense to me, but I also realize others are gonna have to wrestle with what the shadow is during their life.  I don't want to shove my ideas down anyone's throat, but I love my ideas too, and I love to contribute my words and ideas to try to aid others on their paths.  I'll watch the videos you posted.  

I actually agree with this definition of the shadow but I would like to explore more of the @Lester Retsel talk on Anima animus as well.

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

18 hours ago, Joseph Maynor said:

A good test on whether a model is worth using is, does it help put you more in touch with other people, more able to reach them at the level they are at without any jargon they need to understand a priori or does it serve to distance yourself further from people by resorting to endlessly rehashing the jargon of your own self assumed model and hammering people over the head with it?  I don't see you being willing to speak to people in their own terms, I see you constantly insisting on rehashing your personal assumed model .  even after you see they are not receptive toward it. That is not a good way to work with people.

5 hours ago, Lester Retsel said:

A good test on whether a model is worth using is, does it help put you more in touch with other people, more able to reach them at the level they are at without any jargon they need to understand a priori or does it serve to distance yourself further from people by resorting to endlessly rehashing the jargon of your own self assumed model and hammering people over the head with it?  I don't see you being willing to speak to people in their own terms, I see you constantly insisting on rehashing your personal assumed model .  even after you see they are not receptive toward it. That is not a good way to work with people.

Lester -- with all due respect you don't know me.  You have no idea how much work I've done or how much I've helped others.  You're trying to frame me with your jargon.  If you don't dig what I write that's fine, but you don't need to try to conquer me or to prove I'm bad.  Find jargon that works for you.  Many people enjoy my work.  I've been doing this work for a long time.   I think you have a tendency to try to elevate yourself by sniping at others.  If we don't see eye to eye, why not just leave well enough alone.  I have quite a bit of theory, yes, but also quite a bit of embodiment.  I am not a newbie on the path.  There are people on here who have been interacting with me since 2017 when I was active and very popular on Leo Gura's forum.   I have over 90k profile views and haven't posted since 2019 when Leo banned me.  So I think you're shooting up  at someone like me to try to elevate yourself on here.  It's clear to me.  You should be focused on how your ideas are best "putting you in touch with other people."  Have you passed that test/your test yourself?   From my perspective, the answer is not very well.  I'm very sensitive in telling people my models are my models.  What's your problem with that?  Seems like you have a personal problem with me.  You do with Leo too.  You have a history of attacking others you don't see eye to eye with in an unprovoked way!   You should check into that because that ain't social.  I'd rather not interact with you because I know how you are.  If you become more respectful, I'd be happy to re-evaluate my position on that.  If you offer me constructive criticism that you yourself don't follow, that ain't gonna work Lester.  You're holding me to a standard you don't even abide by.  You just don't like me, that's fine.  But I don't make unprovoked attacks against you and I don't like you very much -- especially since you started attacking me on here.  I had to go to the leadership here to examine my options to deal with you trolling me.  This has to do with me and you not anyone else, so don't try to widen this.  This is between me and you -- or you on me more accurately.  What does what you wrote have anything to do with my definition I gave you and gracious response I gave you about the shadow?  You did not respond to that, instead you attacked me personally.  I will defend myself against your attacks because I know what you're doing and have seen you do it to others for a couple years now.

https://www.actualized.org/forum/profile/8090-joseph-maynor/

Edited by Joseph Maynor

16 minutes ago, Joseph Maynor said:

Lester -- with all due respect you don't know me.  You have no idea how much work I've done or how much I've helped others.  You're trying to frame me with your jargon.  If you don't dig what I write that's fine, but you don't need to try to conquer me or to prove I'm bad.  Find jargon that works for you.  Many people enjoy my work.  I've been doing this work for a long time.   I think you have a tendency to try to elevate yourself by sniping at others.  If we don't see eye to eye, why not just leave well enough alone.  I have quite a bit of theory, yes, but also quite a bit of embodiment.  I am not a newbie on the path.  There are people on here who have been interacting with me since 2017 when I was active and very popular on Leo Gura's forum.   I have over 90k profile views and haven't posted since 2019 when Leo banned me.  So I think you're shooting up  at someone like me to try to elevate yourself on here.  It's clear to me.  You should be focused on how your ideas are best "putting you in touch with other people."  Have you passed that test/your test yourself?   From my perspective, the answer is not very well.  I'm very sensitive in telling people my models are my models.  What's your problem with that?  Seems like you have a personal problem with me.  You do with Leo too.  You have a history of attacking others.  
https://www.actualized.org/forum/profile/8090-joseph-maynor/

Just honestly trying to help.  If you want to get into it, my channel is much newer than yours and has more than twice the amount of subscribers and more overall views.  And I think I am fairly good at meeting others where they are and not constantly shoehorning my current model obsession into whatever the subject at hand is.  But it's not about how many followers either of us have, I'm just trying to show you how have blind spots.

Edited by Lester Retsel