Dream Symbolism Thread

Blessed2

4 hours ago, Phil said:

How would you distinguish that from this? 

This way of communicating but in the dream I'm assuming the other one is not actually doing it. Whereas now I believe you are actually here and communicating with me.
I was asking you some advice here on the forum in the dream (I don't remember what),
You replied "Have you ever written something in hesitation before?"
Then I saw an image of a Dream board with the letter R on it, badly written, that you had tried to remove. It didn't go away fully and then I saw the letter R on a wooden wall and it looked like someone had tried to remove it but it didn't go away.

4 hours ago, Phil said:

Or a past from a future?

I don't know, perception makes it seem like there's a past and future

18 minutes ago, noomii said:

This way of communicating but in the dream I'm assuming the other one is not actually doing it.

Maybe there’s an underlying assumption that you are. (Doing)

Whereas now I believe you are actually here and communicating with me.

By every possible measure I am. 

I was asking you some advice here on the forum in the dream (I don't remember what),
You replied "Have you ever written something in hesitation before?"
Then I saw an image of a Dream board with the letter R on it, badly written, that you had tried to remove. It didn't go away fully and then I saw the letter R on a wooden wall and it looked like someone had tried to remove it but it didn't go away.

I don't know, perception makes it seem like there's a past and future

Thought adds that there is, perception reveals that there isn’t. The R is for resurrection, but Phil is not a doer. 

20 hours ago, Phil said:

Maybe there’s an underlying assumption that you are. (Doing)

That I am doing what?

20 hours ago, Phil said:

By every possible measure I am. 

Why did you say that?

20 hours ago, Phil said:

The R is for resurrection, but Phil is not a doer. 

Why did that come to mind?

20 hours ago, Phil said:

Thought adds that there is, perception reveals that there isn’t.

So what does this say about the precognitive dreams? I guess there is no such thing as a "dream" or "precognition"?

2 hours ago, noomii said:

That I am doing what?

Doing.

Telepathy’s an allowing. Allowing what is. Allowing telepathy to happen.

It’s like chasing birds in the woods vs a bird feeder. The bird feeder will always prevail yet it’s not doing.

Why did you say that?

While interpretation is believed to be perception, every possible measurement (theory, concept, fact, observation, proof, evidence, etc) is experienced as if in accordance with the interpretation.

Why did that come to mind?

How would I know. More of a question for you isn’t it?

If I said I didn’t care it would be interpreted inversely as callus, yet if I cared it wouldn’t have come to mind.

So what does this say about the precognitive dreams? I guess there is no such thing as a "dream" or "precognition"?

What might be overlooked is the knowledge there are things (such as dreams or precognition).

Insight pertains to knowledge and is experienced as knowing what wasn’t known before. It’s simultaneously the creating of a belief in a known and in identity as the knower. With precognition potentiality is allowed while nothing is actually known. There’s no dualistic experience of knowing involved, such as there is or isn’t or will or won’t be x, y or z. 

Analogously (but not related) it’s like the stock market. There’s an experience of calculated probabilities, yet there is no actual certainty of knowing what the market’s going to do. What one makes of this is a very one by one interpretational situation. One taking the strongest Efficient Market Hypothesis approach to investing would be analogous to (but not related to) one allowing telepathy. One may be recognizing efficiency or even perfection. Whereas another may ‘see’ (overlook the interpretation of) complexity, favoring tactical and strategic approaches, or even insider trading as an extreme example, with the underlying intention of beating the market (doing). There’s no right or wrong approach, yet complexity is the thought, complexity. (Never actually in perception). 

Weird dreams continue...

I killed my dad. It was weird. I shot him with a crossbow like in Game of Thrones. I'm not sure why I did it, there was a feeling of resentment toward him, about how he has constantly set conditions, how he has judged me. And like a childish desire to show off, be interesting or something.

It was during the night while my mom and brother was sleeping. They woke up in the morning and went about their day. Though later my brother noticed my dad was dead, called my mom and she came home. Their reaction was not what I hoped for. I have no idea why, but I was surprised how sad and shocked they were. At first they didn't want to believe it was me, they kinda were like "nooo it wasn't Blessed2" but then I confessed it was me.

Then crazy guilt and fear hit me. Basically, what the fuck have I done, my family hates me, I'm going to prison for years and my life is ruined. It all seemed VERY real.

We were sitting in the living room and kinda just wondering what's next. The police wasn't called yet, but it was coming. I was freaking out how I just ruined everything. All my dreams down the drain.

Then I had an idea, "please let this be a dream! It seems so real, but please God let this be a dream." I decided to do a lucid dream test. I felt so scared that it wouldn't work and this was indeed the real life.

I kept my mouth shut and pinched my nose, while breathing in. Air came through. WHEW!! IT'S A DREAM! 😂 I was SO relieved.

I walked to the body of my dad and kinda checked if he's alive / breathe life into him. He woke up. Such a relief. Then I was like "okay, whew, no damage done." I checked what's up with the rest of the family. They were kinda just staring with a weird face, like characters often do when you realize it's just a dream. And then I woke up. Took a minute after waking to clear up about what the fuck just happened.

There must be an effortless way.

Last night I saw a very interesting dream and I wonder what it might symbolize.

I was in a rowing boat with my girlfriend in a lake where my family has a little cabin and there appeared a snake, swimming in the lake and it started to chase our boat.

We rowed away and it kept chasing us. Sometimes we went really fast, but it just kept up. I tried to stop, push it underwater with my oar but it did pretty much nothing.

At some point the snake got to us, and somehow it appeared on my arm. It curled around my hand, and I noticed it was biting my hand, right above the fingers (left hand). I used the oar (on right hand) to get it off me, and I hit it pretty hard on it's head, and probably killed it.

We got out the boat to the land, and I saw biting marks on my left hand, two small holes. I was first worried that it was a venomous snake, but later it became clear that it wasn't a dangerous, but a quite harmless snake species. I was also kind of sad that I might have killed it.

I woke up in the middle of the night, around 3AM. I watched some videos about non-duality and felt a bit weird. A bit anxious. And then I read something Phil wrote about the two spheres, and thoughts that felt like fear came up. It was quite close to a panic attack. I distracted the fuck out of myself, though didn't sleep any more. I had a nap later during the day. And have been feeling a bit weird, worry-overwhelment axis for the rest of the day.

I wonder what the snake, it chasing us, the boat, the bite on the left arm, and it not being venomous after all might be saying. 🤔

I got a feeling that this might either be some very exciting "news" or "message", or some kind of "warning". The fact that it wasn't venomous makes me lean toward it being an exciting, positive message.

Anything come to mind?

Finland also just elected a new president today. Something just feels like today's a 'big day' somehow.

This was the species:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grass_snake

Edited by Blessed2

One approach is keeping a dream journal next to the bed and writing everything that comes to mind in the journal - and then putting it away and forgetting it. (Not thinking about it). This way any “emotional baggage” attached to the dream via thought can fall away and that is the key.  Then, later in the day or maybe the next day, when the dream is entirely let go / forgotten… have a look at what was written down. 

The dream seems to be the analogy of the snake & the rope...  The Message. Indeed exciting and positive. 

I was worried. I was also sad. I felt a bit weird & anxious. I distracted myself. I have been feeling weird. I have been an axis. I got a feeling… is the snake interpretation, which is really in truth a rope / there is no snake. 

Interestingly perhaps, grass snakes are known for a highly unique defense mechanism in that they play dead when threat is “perceived”. 

I saw a really clear lucid dream today while taking a nap.

The first thing I did was to look for a symbol, and thought of what I've wanted to do while lucid dreaming.

I wanted to try meditation so I sat down.

There was a pile of musical instruments in front of me where I sat, and one instrument especially caught my attention and "showed up" as the symbol/message I was asking for. It was a golden flute, one of these types: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Recorder_(musical_instrument)

I tried to meditate but it almost made me wake up as the attention on the bodily sensation brought back the feeling of the body lying on the bed. And I didn't want to wake up yet, so I stopped it.

Then I tried to call for @Phil just to see if he'd show up 😂 he didn't.

Then I jumped out the window and started flying around.

It was a really weird dream in general as I "woke up" at least twice, only waking up to a different dream. Only one of them was lucid though.

Had a sleep paralysis also today morning. 🤔 This dream weirdness is probably due to lowering the dose of antidepressants.