Why do you focus on them?

What you choose to do with your focus is your own responsibility. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

27 minutes ago, Cupcake said:

Why do you focus on them?

What you choose to do with your focus is your own responsibility. 

"living with". That's my point and why I used the dementor metaphor. Have you watched Harry Potter?

It's overbearing and controlling even in subtle things, I focus mostly on my things but they "absorb" your energy.

@MetaSage no idea what you're arriving at. I don't know how something can absorb your energy when you don't focus on it. 

Both positive and negative things exist. How you handle both depends on your mental fitness. People who are tough can handle negative stuff easily. 

It could be that you are sensitive. 

"people whose presence is generally disempowering"... I don't know how someone is disempowering you, examples please? 

Just throwing vague statements like that doesn't help the reader understand your situation. Be more specific and real life examples oriented. 

I didn't watch Harry Potter and I don't plan to. So don't give me art examples. 

If you are in a toxic family, friends etc, talk about that. 

So basically I'm an autistic INFJ BPD sigma Pisces female with anger and CPTSD issues. Wow wow. 

My plate looks full. I Couldn't have been weirder than that. Now I get why I'm so idiosyncratic. 

I'll say this - let people be themselves instead of judging them. As long as I'm not watching them, they have no impact on me. 

Understand that all kinds of people live under the sun. Instead of always wanting things your way, understand and accept reality and try to achieve states of mind where you don't let reality bother you much. 

Your problem lies in engaging with something with the intent to change it and then feeling the frustration that reality doesn't suit your needs. Welcome to the world. 

2 hours ago, Rose said:

You can use them as a learning opportunity. A very developed person would be “comfortable” around anyone. You can experiment with them. Try different things with them, different approaches. Find something you can use about the interaction to develop yourself.

Appreciate your advice.

But also, an analogy came to mind: how would you behave around a dictator?

15 hours ago, MetaSage said:

Appreciate your advice.

But also, an analogy came to mind: how would you behave around a dictator?

If you can’t avoid them, there’s still a lot to learn. That person was able to charm many people, you could try to figure out how they managed to do it. You can also learn about wounded egos, where this thirst for power comes from