Religion

Blessed2

I was born into a catholic culture as a child, eventually I became an atheist, now I just dont care lol. 

Nowadays my mother is Christian and works for her church. I am actually beginning to enjoy praying and going to church and serving my community, I will be getting baptized soon too. 

It was realized that there really isnt any true religion or philosophy yet paradoxically all of them have the same truth within them. Deep down everyone wants communion with source. Since my community is mostly christian, I figured participating more will be fun and I can serve the people there. 

People want alignment, thats all they care about deep down. 

♾️

18 hours ago, Blessed2 said:

What religion were you born into / taught as a kid? Was it ever a big deal for you or were you born into a secular enviroment? 🤔 Do you still perhaps practice that tradition?

Any fun insights / stories come to mind about this? 😁

I born as muslim. And follow the path of sufism. Influencers; Rumi, Imam Ghazali, Yunus Emre, Irina tweedi.

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

15 minutes ago, James123 said:

Influencers; Rumi, Imam Ghazali, Yunus Emre, Irina tweedi.

I have a few books of sufi poetry, but haven't been reading them because I get jealous and frustrated when they write about spiritual ecstacy and god's love, but I'm not feeling as good. 😂

There must be an effortless way.

10 minutes ago, Blessed2 said:

I have a few books of sufi poetry, but haven't been reading them because I get jealous and frustrated when they write about spiritual ecstacy and god's love, but I'm not feeling as good. 😂

Don't be jealous. It is within you, imagine these mystics and even me is your imagination. Imagine your capability. 

"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows."

Raised Christian but my dad was very dissillusioned and angry with the church but still somewhat faithful to his beliefs. I was told some stuff that didnt resonate, but also given a lot of freedom to question, explore and reinterpret. I loved reading the gospels, psalms and proverbs. Some sort of nature worship or strong connection there happened on its own. It was a great relief to realize and all the intuition that Christianity and magic/nature aren't at odds, that it's all the same glory. Still enjoying my freedom to explore anything that resonates from any culture, time or tradition. The discovery of what Jesus was really saying still hits sometimes and it's such a trip. 😂

Youtube Channel  

On 12/25/2022 at 1:19 PM, Blessed2 said:

What religion were you born into / taught as a kid?

Catholicism. 

Was it ever a big deal for you or were you born into a secular enviroment? 🤔

The environment was more secular. 

Do you still perhaps practice that tradition?

No. Honestly though I never really did. There was a lot of sitting in church wondering what the hell everyone is actually talking about. Then there was a lot of going to a lot of church’s to find out. I still don’t know what the hell every one is talking about. 

Any fun insights / stories come to mind about this? 😁

Around 6 I pushed a button on my grandma’s microwave, and she couldn’t figure out how to undo whatever I did. She said “it’s ok, the devil made you do it”. I reeled in “what-the-fuck-ness!?” over that for a while, wondering what else the devil was making me do, and making anyone & everyone else do. Years later the same grandma, deceased, appeared and asked me if I wanted to see God’s patience. She has one hell of a sense of humor. Of course I thought yes, and she revealed she was holding a rock in her hands, and we both cracked up.